Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: TIE Pilot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What rubbish. The SS OT Tie pilot is a fantastic figure.

Based on photos, I'm not seeing a huge world of difference between these two, other than what the separate designs dictate. I do think HT tailoring is better for the TFA pilot, the suit seems a little tight on the OT figure. Can't see a lot more difference than that, unless I'm missing something.

I think SS's TIE pilot looks very screen accurate. Which is one of the issues, really. One of the things in the TFA art book was the point that the TIE pilots looked amazing in their cockpits. But when you see them running around they look like children because their heads are so huge. Maybe that's what the poster was referring to? Because the figures do look SLIGHTLY silly. That just happens to be accurate. That being said, I do still love the OT TIE pilots. I haven't been getting much in the way of SS Star Wars figures (just R2 and Threepio at this point) but the TIE pilot is tempting.

Exactly. When they are standing next to the Vader, they are indeed look like childs in helloween costume :lol TFA tie pilots are much more better, nostalgic-free opinion.

That's cool that you can add a head sculpt to the figure. Will make for some interesting customs.

First one to post a picture of the Tie Fighter pilot wearing Chewie's head wins! :lecture

Based on photos, I'm not seeing a huge world of difference between these two, other than what the separate designs dictate. I do think HT tailoring is better for the TFA pilot, the suit seems a little tight on the OT figure. Can't see a lot more difference than that, unless I'm missing something.

Personally the biggest difference is that the TIE Pilot from Sideshow looks really, really skinny. All the pictures posted have almost an "hourglass" look to them whereas the HT version is more proportional. Of course it's the difference between prototypes here and the actual production piece which many haven't futzed with much from SSC but overall there is a stark difference in general appearance.

I think SS's TIE pilot looks very screen accurate. Which is one of the issues, really. One of the things in the TFA art book was the point that the TIE pilots looked amazing in their cockpits. But when you see them running around they look like children because their heads are so huge. Maybe that's what the poster was referring to? Because the figures do look SLIGHTLY silly. That just happens to be accurate. That being said, I do still love the OT TIE pilots. I haven't been getting much in the way of SS Star Wars figures (just R2 and Threepio at this point) but the TIE pilot is tempting.

:rotfl

Now I know why they always looked strange to me. It was take your kids to work day and they dressed up as tie fighter pilots...

TFA def fixed this and made them look cool.

OT pilots were always cool in the big insectoid helmets with the 'antennae' curling down.

They killed the insect with the TFA pilots, and severed one of the antennae.

They've returned him more to the look of a modern day pilot.

Lost interest in this one. $40 shipping was the final straw so I cancelled him.

Wasted a monthly code though!

Received my processing notice from SS already. Apparently he's shipping on the 21st. I don't understand why SS gets some figures so quickly while others can take well over a month after their HK release.

Could have to do with demand in Hong Kong, and there must be a few other considerations at work, getting the figures on the right boat, etc. How smooth production is going, as there seems to be separate waves of the releases on several figures.

Luke Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper essentially showed up to Sideshow the same days in December (10th and 11th), but there was at least a month between the releases in Hong Kong, Luke Stormtrooper was released in HK much earlier but shipped from SS a day afterward.

I'm curious if Hot Toys would hold any figures back and "release" them in Hong Kong after they've already been loaded onto boats to the US. Just seems like this figure and the Sandtrooper are getting to SS much quicker than any others.

Back