Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: TIE Pilot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There I was with absolutely no intention of getting any of the TFU figures and then this beauty comes along and completely blows me away. What a phenomenal upgrade to the classic Tie Fighter Pilot design. It's just incredible. I want it. Now.
I agree totally !! Such an awesome design.

I just came up with a very convincing justification for myself. My son will be a TFA fan, just like we were with the originals. But by the time he realised it these figures will be no longer available. So I need to get them now !!

Convinced ?? [emoji12]

I just came up with a very convincing justification for myself. My son will be a TFA fan, just like we were with the originals. But by the time he realised it these figures will be no longer available. So I need to get them now !!

Convinced ?? [emoji12]

I'm convinced, I'm in the same boat (at least that's what I tell my wife). Do it man, do it!

I'm with a lot of you guys here... This is a great looking design. I think I'll have to get it.

If Episode VIII is set much further into the future and the designs for duck and squinty improve, as in a second phase of First Order, I might order my second First Order figure. :D
Hope that doesn't happen. It sort of made sense in the prequels but would be pure marketing in the second and third films of the new trilogy, IMO. Just doesn't make sense to me that a large organization like that is going to be changing their armour constantly. VIII and IX will have to be set shortly after VII for continuity so hopefully they don't mess with the designs. Personally I find the new regular troop to be the weakest but love the Snowtrooper and TIE Pilot. Both of them look great and don't need any improvement.

Hope that doesn't happen. It sort of made sense in the prequels but would be pure marketing in the second and third films of the new trilogy, IMO. Just doesn't make sense to me that a large organization like that is going to be changing their armour constantly.

Its Disney. This is a money machine to them. OT is a huge license to collect, but I suspect the sequels are going to blow OT out of the water.

Yep, I get it's Disney but the smart marketing move isn't necessarily to change up the designs of the ancilliary characters for every movie. Not that I can't see them doing that but it wouldn't surprise me if they left well enough alone, too.

This is my first TFA figure. Day one preorder. Hope Captain Phasma is next... (I like this and Phasma design more than Kylo tbh).

i am getting the vibe that Kylo Ren's outfit is a precursor... it will likely evolve over the course of the saga. perhaps not starting off as "icon" out of the gate is the plan?

Yeah, have to say I don't care for Kylo's design. It's not bad but just nothing iconic about it.

To be fair I don't think he can be iconic until he actually does something in a great film.

If Star Wars had sucked in 1977, those great designs would be the weirdo niche interest of a few diehard fans of a cult film forgotten by most.

Instead they're the weirdo niche interest of thousands. ;)

(It's a big niche. More of a chasm.)

Convinced ?? [emoji12]

Ha! That works for me dude! [emoji109]🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i am getting the vibe that Kylo Ren's outfit is a precursor... it will likely evolve over the course of the saga. perhaps not starting off as "icon" out of the gate is the plan?
Yep, that could well be the case. Really my biggest problem is the face mask. Reminds me every time I see it of Garindan from the hanger scene in Star Wars. Why a human would wear a mask with a big snout on it eludes me.

To be fair I don't think he can be iconic until he actually does something in a great film.

If Star Wars had sucked in 1977, those great designs would be the weirdo niche interest of a few diehard fans of a cult film forgotten by most.

Instead they're the weirdo niche interest of thousands. ;)

(It's a big niche. More of a chasm.)
Garindan has not become any more iconic with success or time. ;)

This is an awesome piece! The colors look great.
Yeah, have to admit the TIE Pilot is the most tempting figure yet from the line. It deletes all the problems I had with the original TIE Pilot once you get a good look at the entire costume in the light. Specifically, overly large helmet (someone mentioned this earlier) that looks weird as the TIE Pilot is just in a jumper with no armour to bulk him up, very simple outfit (TFA Pilot's mix of armour and detailed jumper looks great) and blocky chest piece. Like that they went asymmetric with the air hose and broke-up the chest box so it can curve around the Pilot's chest. Very cool figure!

i think the previous tie fightre is as cool as this one. never have one though.
might need to get one from the 2nd market!

old tie fighter.jpg

ugh....SS did the one big glove like they did with scout trooper......that sucks. Both look cool but I'd give the edge to OT as well.

Imo, the new tie pilot looks so much better :dunno. First time that I say something like that about SW. PT troopers didnt look better than any kind of OT troopers, but this guy is an exception. OT tie pilot have a big head and I always had problem with that.

The more I look at this the more a just don't see star wars. Looks more like something from mass effect, destiny or even call of duty but not Star Wars. Actually kind of reminds me of a halo jumper...minus the parachute.

Back