Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The duck is certainly a impressive figure as well!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I may not have time to do it for a day or two but for those who've had her awhile, is the scavenger look easy to get her in and out of? The instruction booklet makes it look..slightly risqué. Is the head difficult to pop on and off or just standard, Hot Toy levels?

The Scarlet Witch I have needed to have her head removed so I could put her necklace on and it was really easy, so I don't think Rey should be too hard since her head is meant to be removed as well. Just be careful of her hair strands.

Received my set today! Has the teeth detail, BB-8 has a slight paint run under blue light could pass for weathering though:wink1:

IMG_2370.JPG

Received my set today! Has the teeth detail, BB-8 has a slight paint run under blue light could pass for weathering though:wink1:

View attachment 291072

Nice, man! It may just be the angle or perhaps you've done the Finn leg mod, but their height difference doesn't look too bad in this pic.

Also, you have no idea how badly I hope that my own Rey has the teeth detailing. lol

I may not have time to do it for a day or two but for those who've had her awhile, is the scavenger look easy to get her in and out of? The instruction booklet makes it look..slightly risqué. Is the head difficult to pop on and off or just standard, Hot Toy levels?

The only thing that is difficult is the head dress to the hood. But one Youtuber made a good point. Try turning the top of the hood inside out before attaching to her head.

The head pops off easily but it's not loose so you have to do some pulling because the neck peg is so long.

What worked for me

1. Pop the head off

2. Turn the top of the hoodie inside out

3. Fit the hoodie from the forehead and stretch the back of the hoodie so it stays flush on the hair. Try getting it to overlap on the back of her first and highest point of her hair bun. Once you get it to fit snug just pull the bottom part gently over her face, make sure you get it so it doesn't get to cover the bottom of hole of the head. It's tricky but you'll see what I mean.

4. Next you want to gently pull the hoodie under her chin, exposing it until it is lined up with her ears ( again make sure the hole is not covered up )

5. Pop the head back on

* when you know it is snug, is the back seam of the hoodie is lined up with the back of her hair . Not perfectly, but close enough

6. Once you have her head attached with her hood on , just start futzing with the front or scarf part of her hood. I just pulled it back and made sure the sides covered her shoulders when you put the back pack over her shoulders, do it like you put on a a real backpack over your shoulders but make sure the sides of the scarf stay flush under the backpack

It sounds difficult but once you start messing with it, it all becomes routine.

The rest of her gear follow the instructions very easy to attach

* almost forgot you have to move the bottom part of her hoodie back up to the chin when you pop her head back on with her hoodie in place because if you get the scarf covering the hole, her head won't fit properly

Last edited:
Well, while my kid was at preschool...I had some spare time...

Rey9.jpg

vs. Kylo Ren!..

Rey10.jpg
Rey11.jpg
Rey12.jpg
Rey12.jpg
Rey13.jpg
Rey14.jpg

I used that box of cookies to get her to stay ontop of Kylo. I didn't realize her boots were kind of restrictive.

Battlestaff stance!..

Rey15.jpg
Rey16.jpg

The sideshow exclusive Duck loves the camera as well!:clap

The only thing that is difficult is the head dress to the hood. But one Youtuber made a good point. Try turning the top of the hood inside out before attaching to her head.

The head pops off easily but it's not loose so you have to do some pulling because the neck peg is so long.

What worked for me

1. Pop the head off

2. Turn the top of the hoodie inside out

3. Fit the hoodie from the forehead and stretch the back of the hoodie so it stays flush on the hair. Try getting it to overlap on the back of her first and highest point of her hair bun. Once you get it to fit snug just pull the bottom part gently over her face, make sure you get it so it doesn't get to cover the bottom of hole of the head. It's tricky but you'll see what I mean.

4. Next you want to gently pull the hoodie under her chin, exposing it until it is lined up with her ears ( again make sure the hole is not covered up )

5. Pop the head back on

* when you know it is snug, is the back seam of the hoodie is lined up with the back of her hair . Not perfectly, but close enough

6. Once you have her head attached with her hood on , just start futzing with the front or scarf part of her hood. I just pulled it back and made sure the sides covered her shoulders when you put the back pack over her shoulders, do it like you put on a a real backpack over your shoulders but make sure the sides of the scarf stay flush under the backpack

It sounds difficult but once you start messing with it, it all becomes routine.

The rest of her gear follow the instructions very easy to attach

* almost forgot you have to move the bottom part of her hoodie back up to the chin when you pop her head back on with her hoodie in place because if you get the scarf covering the hole, her head won't fit properly

Thanks for the tips :) Soon as I can, I'm gonna try it. Gonna have to get Luke in his desert gear too for the shoot. Speaking of Luke....

Rey17.jpg
Rey18.jpg
Rey19.jpg

She also met Leia...

Rey20.jpg
Rey21.jpg
Rey22.jpg

and one last group photo...
Rey23.jpg

That's all I got....for now.

It just doesnt look like her. What is up with HT quality control lately? At least Finn's sculpt looks somewhat like John Boyega. This looks almost nothing like Daisy. Its barely recognizable as her. And even though I did get the Finn figure and like it, still he was too tall, wrong color shirt which I cant even wrap my head around how in the world this is possible. HT really slacking lately.

The last figure I got from them, Kylo, which I do like overall, had this crappy cloth underneath his eye section, so you cant even take lit pix of him from the front without it looking horrible. Who approved this?? Should have been a black lens or plastic or something! Anything but black cloth lol. Oh well

For some reason they made her chest way bigger than Daisys who is very small. So bazaar that they would do this.

/rant

That's all I got....for now.[/QUOTE]
[emoji122] [emoji122] Search for Clipperking on YouTube and he has a quick tutorial on the scavenger look.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The last figure I got from them, Kylo, which I do like overall, had this crappy cloth underneath his eye section, so you cant even take lit pix of him from the front without it looking horrible. Who approved this?? Should have been a black lens or plastic or something! Anything but black cloth lol. Oh well

Here's the $2000 propshop replica of the Kylo helmet.

63-88963-img_3981-1466106683.jpg

Was told by sideshow that my rey/bb8 has been shipped today. It's UPS that's shipping it. The last time I received a figure via ups it came from Hong Kong directly. I wonder if it will be the same as Rey. Interesting!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That's accurate to the costume used in the film though.

nNSTiA7.jpg

Here's the $2000 propshop replica of the Kylo helmet.

63-88963-img_3981-1466106683.jpg

Yes Im aware the helmet had it in the movie... except you can shoot a movie to make sure you dont see it. We shouldnt have to do this with a figure. You literally cant light the front of this figure without it looking really dumb. Should have been a pitch black little piece of matte plastic.

Well, while my kid was at preschool...I had some spare time...

View attachment 291112

vs. Kylo Ren!..

View attachment 291113
View attachment 291114
View attachment 291115
View attachment 291115
View attachment 291116
View attachment 291117

I used that box of cookies to get her to stay ontop of Kylo. I didn't realize her boots were kind of restrictive.

Battlestaff stance!..

View attachment 291118
View attachment 291119

The sideshow exclusive Duck loves the camera as well!:clap

Duck Wars.. The phantom Microwave...Revenge of the Gumballs or Attack of the M& M's :wink1: get it

Last edited:
Yes Im aware the helmet had it in the movie... except you can shoot a movie to make sure you dont see it. We shouldnt have to do this with a figure. You literally cant light the front of this figure without it looking really dumb. Should have been a pitch black little piece of matte plastic.

Wrong thread buddy..vent out on Kylo thread

Back