Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rey-pic-1.jpg

star-wars-rey-sixth-scale-hot-toys-feature-902611.jpg

Nice comparison. If the eyes were improved a bit I think it would look pretty damn good.

I can see the slight tweaks that would help but being that the prototype is so close and my fear of HT pulling a Finn with it, I would rather they just leave it alone.

Perhaps lighten the eye color a bit and that could be enough.

Looks pretty good as is to me, for a 1/6 scale figure. If anything, from what I see, perhaps the skin hue is a bit too pale and the eyes are a bit too wide.

Looks pretty good as is to me, for a 1/6 scale figure. If anything, from what I see, perhaps the skin hue is a bit too pale and the eyes are a bit too wide.

Don't say that. Hot toys will probably over tan her like they do everyone else.

I know they love their bases to match but they should have gone with a sand base for this. Bb8 just looks rubbish latched on like that.

Don't say that. Hot toys will probably over tan her like they do everyone else.

Haha. Yeah, believe me, I'm aware of that. Although based on that professional promo picture of the figure in comparison to the actual picture of Rey, it seemed like this was one of those rare cases where the skin hue of the figure didn't seem tan enough, as opposed to being too tan as they usually are.

Although, in those picture that kazar posted, the skin of the figure looks a bit darker that it does in that professional promo photo. Perhaps it's just the lighting.

...Although, in those picture that kazar posted, the skin of the figure looks a bit darker that it does in that professional promo photo. Perhaps it's just the lighting.

I noticed it too, but I think it's the lighting as well.

She looks great in that picture. If that is what we'll be getting, I'll be very happy.

I'm hoping this turns out better, not worse like Finn's sculpt. This may be my 1st female figure. I just want BB-8, but my daughter loves Rey. I have no figures from TFA with no real interest so far. Kylo was the only one I was considering, but he'd be all alone. So if I get her, then I might have to get him... :(

I'm hoping this turns out better, not worse like Finn's sculpt. This may be my 1st female figure. I just want BB-8, but my daughter loves Rey. I have no figures from TFA with no real interest so far. Kylo was the only one I was considering, but he'd be all alone. So if I get her, then I might have to get him... :(

You will not regret getting Kylo. Great figure. But it is a slippery slope. Made me get a regular trooper to partner him!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Like the adage states: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Sure this sculpt can use some minor alterations, but I don't think it's "broke", so to speak. If not altering it saves it from the sake of potentially looking worse, I'm for leaving it be.

I rather have her be delayed and perfect then get rushed and ****ed up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

has anyone else noticed that the skin tone on the head and the body doesn't match? The neck is far darker.

I rather have her be delayed and perfect then get rushed and ****ed up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

:exactly:

Although I'm certain you know just as well as I do, based on how it sometimes is on this forum, no matter how short or long it takes for a figure to release, it's always going to be "****ed up" to someone. Probably several. :lol

Back