Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm fairly certain anyone who goes back a page will notice you started whining and making age jokes. I just entertained it because the hilarity of someone calling me young while I'm in my 30s was too much to resist.

Maybe you're misunderstanding. I've been around these boards a while. Wor tends to be one of the more chill members on here. His humour is sometimes a touch dry and acidic for some, but in my time here I've never seen him take himself or this hobby too seriously.

And if he did, I don't see the point of typing a bunch of text at another bunch of text. Internet arguments don't end well. Because they don't end. ;)

What? Because I called you jr? That was a response to your bitter rebuttal.

Lol stop it. You called me Jr. and said it must be my first Star Wars trilogy.

Maybe you're misunderstanding. I've been around these boards a while. Wor tends to be one of the more chill members on here. His humour is sometimes a touch dry and acidic for some, but in my time here I've never seen him take himself or this hobby too seriously.

I'm playing Battlefront on one monitor and watching the Iowa game on my other. I should be giving lessons on what it means to be chill.

Lol stop it. You called me Jr. and said it must be my first Star Wars trilogy.

I had added more to that post you quoted but I'll reiterate: All I was suggesting was that maybe you haven't been thru the SW hype only to be disappointed. Seems like a fair proposition to me. I have no idea how old you are and made an assumption based on your avatar and your unquestioning enthusiasm for this yet unseen movie.

12247193_10153310030307123_2822654785273094637_n.jpg
In a weird way, she could be a friend for Tatooine Luke...
Does reference it nicely, IMO. Not getting involved with the new trilogy figures no matter how good the movie is but like what I'm seeing so far. Really does remind me of ANH.

I had added more to that post you quoted but I'll reiterate: All I was suggesting was that maybe you haven't been thru the SW hype only to be disappointed. Seems like a fair proposition to me. I have no idea how old you are and made an assumption based on your avatar and your unquestioning enthusiasm for this yet unseen movie.
This is a very fair point. I remember being so amped after the Phantom Menace trailers. Took a good friend to watch (who wasn't into SW but knew I loved them) and can still remember the sickening, embarrassed feeling I felt walking out. :lol So yeah, these trailers have again got me pretty excited (especially seeing stuff like the Falcon battling TIEs, etc.) but nothing's a sure thing.

It's a Star Wars movie. I am a Star Wars fan. I post here because I collect Star Wars things. That's why I don't post in sections of forums for movies I don't like.

Not understanding enthusiasm for Star Wars in the Star Wars section of this forum, is a bit odd.

So yeah, these trailers have again got me pretty excited (especially seeing stuff like the Falcon battling TIEs, etc.) but nothing's a sure thing.

I already know a ton about this movie. Not everyone has been avoiding spoilers. Like 90% of the movie's story is out there now.

So for the record, you do not think movies belonging to the Star Wars franchise are historic?

This is a real thing you believe?

The first movie, Star Wars, yes. The rest, no. Certainly not the new ones. The new one just looks like it is trying to hard to be ANH.

It's a Star Wars movie. I am a Star Wars fan. I post here because I collect Star Wars things. That's why I don't post in sections of forums for movies I don't like.

Not understanding enthusiasm for Star Wars in the Star Wars section of this forum, is a bit odd.

Fine. I'm excited too. But I can see the other side. That's all I was saying.

And playing battlefront while watching the Iowa game and posting of SSF is not "chill"... it's more "hyper".

Fine. I'm excited too. But I can see the other side. That's all I was saying.

And playing battlefront while watching the Iowa game and posting of SSF is not "chill"... it's more "hyper".

So now you are arguing what "chill" is?

For not wanting to spar, you are doing a terrible job at it lol.

Even though the prequels, we're not the best received movies, there is a bunch of characters I would fork the money over for their figures. I admit, I'm so hyped, I don't see how this movie won't be enjoyable. Then with the new characters, and how they will interact with the characters from the original trilogy, make them cool just by association.

Like I've seen Rey talk to Han, seen her in the Falcon, and she looted a shot down Star Destroyer, that's already cool in my book.

I couldn't resist. :)

And for the record. I was never mad or upset or not "chill" about anything. I was responding to you in the exact same fashion you were responding to me. I just don't get away with it because I'm new.

Either way the argument was dumb because TPM is probably my second least favorite SW film but Maul is easily one of my favorite characters in the franchise. I don't need the movie to be great to know a character is great.

But I know basically the entire story for The Force Awakens. And I like it. Also I was completely joking when I mentioned preordering this figure. I am not preordering it and have no interest in anything Rey lol.

Yeah, I have been burned too many times with Star Wars movies. I was excited for the TPM and AOTC. Let down when I saw the movies. The trailers make any movie look great. I am cautiously anticipating this movie.

Even though the prequels, we're not the best received movies, there is a bunch of characters I would fork the money over for their figures. I admit, I'm so hyped, I don't see how this movie won't be enjoyable. Then with the new characters, and how they will interact with the characters from the original trilogy, make them cool just by association.

Like I've seen Rey talk to Han, seen her in the Falcon, and she looted a shot down Star Destroyer, that's already cool in my book.
Personally I think there's a lot of reason for optimism and odds are it won't be A Phantom Menace redux. It's certainly got the nostalgia factor for me with bringing back so much of the original cast (who all seem to be in good form), along with great design. Really hoping the story and acting are all up to snuff, too.

Thinking earlier, what if this 'version' is all bandaged, scavanger version and has no Ridley sculpt but comes with BB8? I am not familiar with Hot Toys approach, but Kylo appears to have no human head sculpt or Phasma, when we may see them unhelmeted in the movie. If this figure didn't have Daisy's headsculpt then I would easily pass on it.

Thinking earlier, what if this 'version' is all bandaged, scavanger version and has no Ridley sculpt but comes with BB8? I am not familiar with Hot Toys approach, but Kylo appears to have no human head sculpt or Phasma, when we may see them unhelmeted in the movie. If this figure didn't have Daisy's headsculpt then I would easily pass on it.

I hope people aren't holding out for a Phasma head sculpt since all indications are that you never see Phasma without the helmet on.

Does reference it nicely, IMO. Not getting involved with the new trilogy figures no matter how good the movie is but like what I'm seeing so far. Really does remind me of ANH.

The only one that tempted me so far is the TIE Pilot, based purely on design. He's a hyperspace jump ahead of his comical black and white comrades.

Kylo looks a bit dull, and no interest in Finn.

I'm expecting to be in for Han and Luke. Rey is a strong possibility because the Star Wars collection needs more female characters, and because if the film doesn't grab me she can play Camie Loneozner to Tatooine Luke. :lol

latest

star-wars-rey.jpg

Back