Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Real hair.

I just took those inner cups out and glued the inside of the boobs to the inner plastic skeleton chest piece. You have to glue it flat or it won't make a difference. Her boobs will look all lumpy and weird but once you dress her it looks fine.

Can you still articulate if they are glued down, the chest region has pretty good pivot, I would hate to hinder it . Did you glue the inside grooves where the cups used to be

Can you still articulate if they are glued down, the chest region has pretty good pivot, I would hate to hinder it . Did you glue the inside grooves where the cups used to be

oh yes, it's exactly the same functionality, you glue the part on the chest rubber that used to be glued to the cup, to the area where the cup used to be glued to. if that makes any sense?

oh yes, it's exactly the same functionality, you glue the part on the chest rubber that used to be glued to the cup, to the area where the cup used to be glued to. if that makes any sense?

Yeah it does believe it or not..did you put the glue on the plastic body part or on the rubber part

Yup exactly!

And you gotta cut the stitching from her pants to her top to get her clothes off

Yeah that was easy, actually came apart on my first Rey when I was trying to futz with shirt :slap

So you put the glue on the plastic torso portion and squeezed the rubber part to the plastic right? Did you scrape off the plastic grooves that the cups where sticking too

Yeah that was easy, actually came apart on my first Rey when I was trying to futz with shirt :slap

So you put the glue on the plastic torso portion and squeezed the rubber part to the plastic right? Did you scrape off the plastic grooves that the cups where sticking too

Yup exactly, nope I didn't just gave it a good dab and heled it flat for a few seconds to adhere. It will look super weird lumpy and disproportioned but I promise it will look fine clothed

Yup exactly, nope I didn't just gave it a good dab and heled it flat for a few seconds to adhere. It will look super weird lumpy and disproportioned but I promise it will look fine clothed

Yeah I tried to minimize the lumpiness on mine by pulling the rubber down and gluing it onto a thin plastic extension I made, but ultimately you don't really notice anyway because of the layers of material covering it.

And awesome job on the belt!

I have to say that the Rey and BB-8 set are my fav figure from the HT Force Awakens line. The head sculpt isn't perfect, and they could've used better materials on the belt and shoes. But overall the clothing, accessories, and BB-8 himself are all pretty bloody cool!

And with the ankle mod on Finn, I think the scale between the two is pretty good too! So c'mon Hot Toys, where the hell is Poe?!?

IMG_1076b.jpg

IMG_1085b.jpg

I have to say that the Rey and BB-8 set are my fav figure from the HT Force Awakens line. The head sculpt isn't perfect, and they could've used better materials on the belt and shoes. But overall the clothing, accessories, and BB-8 himself are all pretty bloody cool!

And with the ankle mod on Finn, I think the scale between the two is pretty good too! So c'mon Hot Toys, where the hell is Poe?!?

View attachment 297308

View attachment 297309
At this point I hope Poe will be next years con exclusive.

Here's my review of the recent Hot Toys Rey and BB-8 figure set. It's definitely my favourite of their Force Awakens figures. A shame the head sculpt isn't as good as it could've been, and a few extra touches on the costume would've been nice too. But overall, another great Star Wars addition by Hot Toys!

Shot with an A7r2 and Fe 90mm Macro G Lens....
4641133fda93af9006ce8e3512129f0d.jpg

01c6b9aa829c2656a97e7a69040cc4e0.jpg

630448130452bf56316369ec26584e6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back