Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the knock off sculpt for Rey today. It looks great!
f1a92ec2cae8ee993307b97bd2efcdab.jpg

Can't even tell the difference between it and the HT sculpt.

Can't even tell the difference between it and the HT sculpt.

I think he feels like I do this knockoff was a waste. So disappointed because the one thing they did get right was the shade on the eyes. Believe me I tried to salvage this knockoff by customizing it but it's still missing the mark..so frustrating..the only saving grace was that I got the knockoff for a cheap price.:lecture

:lol I just got it to cover up when I read about the paint fading, etc. Was probably being overly cautious but oh well. It does rub against the skin pretty tightly when it's being put on.

So the knock-off doesn't look good at all? I was thinking of getting one and having the cowl open with the goggles on top of the head, so that just the face is visible? That doesn't look good? Would someone be kind enough to post a pic?

So the knock-off doesn't look good at all? I was thinking of getting one and having the cowl open with the goggles on top of the head, so that just the face is visible? That doesn't look good? Would someone be kind enough to post a pic?

Don't hate guys just answering his question

Knockoff

Knockoff hooded

Knockoff modded..didn't help much :gah:

The knockoff isn't terrible. It has okay paint work but it's tanner like you see in Guyver's photos and there's something slightly zombified about the eyes. No teeth detail. I think it could look okay for what you had in mind Lu. I'm not sure which way I'll go when I go for that look yet.

The knockoff isn't terrible. It has okay paint work but it's tanner like you see in Guyver's photos and there's something slightly zombified about the eyes. No teeth detail. I think it could look okay for what you had in mind Lu. I'm not sure which way I'll go when I go for that look yet.

I will say the eyes are a slight better lighter shade than the HT sculpt which makes it tolerable but the mouth and nose ( at least on mine is slightly deformed)

Don't hate guys just answering his question

Thanks guys!

Yeah, not terrible. I think it would be worth it just to do the hooded thing. What I'm afraid of is that I'll put the cowl on the real sculpt and then forget about it and find out later that it ruined the sculpt. I'd feel much better putting it on a knockoff and not having to worry about leaving it on too long.

Rey.jpg

After much debate, that's what I ended up doing. I put the HT Rey HS on one of Stoney's stands. I'm happy with it. Its no Guyver pic, bit hopefully it helps. I can take some better ones in the morning if you'd like.

Thanks TonTon! I figure I'll get several asks.. takes me so much time to do and I have so little of it it doesn't make much sense for me to take commissions, and the little buckle on the belt i had lying around, not sure i could get in mass quantities.

Not a definite answer though because I have been persuaded in situations like these before though haha

Thanks TonTon! I figure I'll get several asks.. takes me so much time to do and I have so little of it it doesn't make much sense for me to take commissions, and the little buckle on the belt i had lying around, not sure i could get in mass quantities.

Not a definite answer though because I have been persuaded in situations like these before though haha

Wait, sorry I didn't know you customized her, what did you do?

Wait, sorry I didn't know you customized her, what did you do?

He went to the shop where Daisy gets her hair cut and used Rey's real hair! :yess:

I was so focussed on the hair i didn't even notice the belt! Nice work there too. You replaced the plastic entirely or is it weathering?

Yup! Genuine leather and string, metal buckle with functioning clasp, hand made and weathered from scratch!

Also did the boob thing, you don't notice how much it improves it until you look at the pics of the stock!

Oh and added her very distinct beauty marks on her forehead and painted in her teeth as I had the blank one.. but both are hard to see due to the low light I used for the cinematic effect there.

Yup! Genuine leather and string, metal buckle with functioning clasp, hand made and weathered from scratch!

Also did the boob thing, you don't notice how much it improves it until you look at the pics of the stock!

What else did you do besides remove the cups, I might want to try it

Well I'm going to customize my spare head for the Jakku weathered look, didn't work for the knockoff, but hopefully it would work on the better actual sculpt :pray:

Looks great, Raymond! How did you get the strands of hair on the side of her head to look like that?

Thanks! Real hair.

I just took those inner cups out and glued the inside of the boobs to the inner plastic skeleton chest piece. You have to glue it flat or it won't make a difference. Her boobs will look all lumpy and weird but once you dress her it looks fine.

Back