Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the shots, Guyver. Any chance we could see a shot of the Kylo and Rey either back to back or next to each where they're both erect to see how they match up scale-wise? Just curious about that as I think we've only seen one shot like that and it was on a low shelf in a detolf. Either way it looks like they look good together in all of your shots.

Well not going to lie, the scale of them together ( side by side ) is a little off putting, Rey looks tiny, not that's a bad thing , but she looks like Ren's child next to the Ren figure, so most of the time I like to either have Ren hunched lower or put him in a hovering, shadowing or looming mode by making him the backdrop more or less when shooting with them together

Unfortunately if somebody looking to get a a perfect scale between both in a detoif with a museum pose, I suggest make Ren in the background :lecture

Some examples

:duff Thanks, Guyver. That's what I figured after seeing the shot with Finn. I'll probably figure out a different pairing for Rey and BB-8, then. It'd be nice if it was easy to shorten Ren a bit but I'm guessing the robes would drape along the ground a bit too much if the ankle pegs were reduced.

Anyone know what the hell is going on with the Rey figure in this post? https://io9.gizmodo.com/getting-up-close-with-hot-toys-amazing-the-force-awaken-1783852278

The face looks WAAAAAAY different and people in the comments are readily noticing, as have I, what one called "Playboy model" chest proportions. Please tell me the shipping figure doesn't look like this. I'd cancel my order in an instant. Deviation from prototype is expected but THAT would be ridiculous.

Never mind. Just ready back through the thread and watched the un-boxing video and my mind is at ease. Guess the con display is a matter or lighting and perhaps clothing position.

:duff Thanks, Guyver. That's what I figured after seeing the shot with Finn. I'll probably figure out a different pairing for Rey and BB-8, then. It'd be nice if it was easy to shorten Ren a bit but I'm guessing the robes would drape along the ground a bit too much if the ankle pegs were reduced.

She's still a phenomenal piece I kid you not, it was so beautifully done IMO and after a few days I still stand by the notion this is the best rendition of Rey as a figure To date and , certainly the best 12" scale Rey I've seen so far. It outshines some of the statue reneditions I've seen as well and that's saying a lot.

If you're looking to get a 12" figure version of Daisy, this is not it, however if you want something to accurately depict " Daisy as Rey in the TFA as a figure " this is definitely a keeper :lecture

Nobody should cancel their orders unless they don't like Rey as a character in the film. Her attire alone makes this a huge contender for FOTY IMO

Anyone know what the hell is going on with the Rey figure in this post? https://io9.gizmodo.com/getting-up-close-with-hot-toys-amazing-the-force-awaken-1783852278

The face looks WAAAAAAY different and people in the comments are readily noticing, as have I, what one called "Playboy model" chest proportions. Please tell me the shipping figure doesn't look like this. I'd cancel my order in an instant. Deviation from prototype is expected but THAT would be ridiculous.

Never mind. Just ready back through the thread and watched the un-boxing video and my mind is at ease. Guess the con display is a matter or lighting and perhaps clothing position.

Rest to sure, it is all in the positioning and lighting in that pic, it's not that noticeable in hand. But if some are bothered by it in hand, like I mentioned there is an easy method to fix it.

Hopefully by the time Episode 8 Rey rolls around, they'll have developed a more appropriate female body for Rey, and that they get Finn's body right too!

Hopefully by the time Episode 8 Rey rolls around, they'll have developed a more appropriate female body for Rey, and that they get Finn's body right too!

I don't understand why they didn't develop a new body right from the start. It's a new Star Wars Trilogy and Disney is behind it. Rey is the main character/hero and will have at least 2 looks per movie (going by how Disney seems to operate) which means there will be at least 6 Rey figures to release. That seems like plenty to justify developing a specific new body for her.

I like this version and I'm going to get it, but I do hope they make a better body for Jedi Rey in the future.

I don't understand why they didn't develop a new body right from the start. It's a new Star Wars Trilogy and Disney is behind it. Rey is the main character/hero and will have at least 2 looks per movie (going by how Disney seems to operate) which means there will be at least 6 Rey figures to release. That seems like plenty to justify developing a specific new body for her.

I like this version and I'm going to get it, but I do hope they make a better body for Jedi Rey in the future.

Rule of thumb, when it comes to manufacturing product through mass distribution , save money by reuse of materials.

Obviously HT is focusing on more of the costume and tailoring aspect of the TFA line more than the overall redesign of a figure. I've noticed that SSC has stepped up their game as of late with their line of figures from building from the base body up to the clothing of the character.

I'm thinking HT is trying to up the anty with SSC by outdoing them in the overall appearance of the lines, which seems to be tailoring and accessories of these characters. And in some cases HS. :lecture

However what they are forgetting is die hard collectors such as us freaks still prefer the fundamentals, which includes an idea of specifics including base body design, HS rendering of female character ( actress), eyes, expressions, etc.

I will say comparing Rey's base body to say the Avengers BW, it has been vastly improved. They are similar TTs but the movement is a little more smoother.

The overall tone and appearance of the TT used for Rey IMO is more solid and less of plastic toy quality feel to the appearance like the BW ( not that there is a significant difference, since Rey is clothing hard and Widow has more or less been a body suit covering each version thus far , but still , everyone will see what I mean once you hold Rey in your hands.

I don't know if it was a prototype i saw at swce but i thought it was pretty spot on.

You probably saw the production version, based on photos I saw online. I preferred the prototype as well but people have said the new one is excellent in hand so I'm willing to take the chance and keep my order.

I haven't seen the Finn figure in person, but I imagine it gives a different impression in hand. I still will pass, his character never appealed to me, eventhough I think John gave a wonderful performance.

I think I will wait and go for a Ep VIII or IX version as a figure.

Rule of thumb, when it comes to manufacturing product through mass distribution , save money by reuse of materials.

Obviously HT is focusing on more of the costume and tailoring aspect of the TFA line more than the overall redesign of a figure. I've noticed that SSC has stepped up their game as of late with their line of figures from building from the base body up to the clothing of the character.

I'm thinking HT is trying to up the anty with SSC by outdoing them in the overall appearance of the lines, which seems to be tailoring and accessories of these characters. And in some cases HS. :lecture

However what they are forgetting is die hard collectors such as us freaks still prefer the fundamentals, which includes an idea of specifics including base body design, HS rendering of female character ( actress), eyes, expressions, etc.

I will say comparing Rey's base body to say the Avengers BW, it has been vastly improved. They are similar TTs but the movement is a little more smoother.

The overall tone and appearance of the TT used for Rey IMO is more solid and less of plastic toy quality feel to the appearance like the BW ( not that there is a significant difference, since Rey is clothing hard and Widow has more or less been a body suit covering each version thus far , but still , everyone will see what I mean once you hold Rey in your hands.

I'm guessing HT is also assuming there are a lot of collectors who are perfectly happy with a bustier Rey. The people on this board might be more interested in perfect accuracy, but that may not be the case for all SW collectors.

Maybe I'm crazy, but does BB-8 appear to be white and... brown... in the photos instead of white and orange...?

Back