Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Finn 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a new idea for the hex stands HT is using for the TFA line. Removeable toppers.

image.jpeg

Great idea, coco! I'd be up for a few of those. Can't stand the TFA bases as they are.

Thanks, TonTon! I want to make them in a variety of environment styles for the TFA figures. I think they'd really look cool with a trampled sand look for the landing on Jakku.

Just got the set! Pretty happy with it overall, especially with how Finn's/Poe's jacket came out. Noticed increased articulation with TR-8R too. His kneepad comes off easily and the Velcro doesn't seem to be aligned, but I guess I can futz it away eventually.

Something seems to be wrong with the included sabers, though. I didn't notice if the metal around the actuator (?) was black in the films or not. It's probably not a factory defect since I checked two boxes and the sabers were painted the same way. Here's a comparison between Finn's (left) and Luke's (right):

View attachment 289257

Anyone else have this problem too? If it really is a problem.

Rey's saber hilt is metal. I don't think any of Luke's sabers had a black metal around the actuator other than the handle..weird :horror

Hey nothing that paint won't fix

They definitely shouldn't look like that... must be a factory error. I don't plan on Finn ever holding the saber though; it doesn't belong to him.

Anyone have any shots of Finn and Rey together, I want to do the height mod but I'm concerned that if Rey is too tall they'd look weird together. I saw he is listed as 5'9" and she's 5'7".

I remember seeing shots of them together way back in this or Rey's thread and let me tell ya, there's no need to worry if Rey is gonna look too tall after Finn's mod. He's a monster with the extensions and she's a wee thing.

They definitely shouldn't look like that... must be a factory error. I don't plan on Finn ever holding the saber though; it doesn't belong to him.

Please let us know how your saber turns out. There are already three sets here (Finn + Stormtrooper) with the same black actuator. Perhaps an entire batch was compromised? At least the hands of whoever will be holding the hilt will block some of the paint.

Mine's like that too. I noticed it when I got it way back in July, but I didn't mention it, because it's not a big deal to me. I won't be able to see the inaccuracy if he's holding it anyway. NBD.

Anyone have any shots of Finn and Rey together, I want to do the height mod but I'm concerned that if Rey is too tall they'd look weird together. I saw he is listed as 5'9" and she's 5'7".

:rotfl Rey too tall..no Way trust me Finn needs a huge shortening..Rey is tiny

Great looking figure, but definitely too tall. Overall the details, especially in jacket, are outstanding. Pretty good value too with the accessories and price compared to other figures.

Well I broke down and ordered him even though Im not totally happy with some of the sculpts exaggerated facial features from the prototype. I liked Finn's character so much in the movie and its going to be like 2 years before we get an Ep VIII Finn figure, plus I got $25 off which covered the shipping.

Its really hard to find pix and vids of his saber lit up. I thought Kylo Rens wasnt too bad considering its just a single LED. Looks pretty good. Not cathode good obviously, but none of those exist for Ren unfortunately. Ill likely get a blue cathode saber for Finn.

Bought an extra shirt so I can dye it black. That gray thing just bothers me too much...lol

I have Finn but haven't tried the leg mod yet.

Do his lower legs pop off at the knee joint? Is it possible to swap the lower legs with another TrueType?

I seem to remember some of my other figures' legs coming loose and I could just pop them back in place. Workshop Tony Stark was one I believe where his legs would constantly come out of joint.

I'd rather do that than prying off the extenders and cutting the pegs to fit.

Back