Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Finn 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think he's force sensitive either. I think this idea that only a force user can operate a lightsaber is just some old EU garbage.

Possibly - I mean, Han had no trouble cutting open a Tauntaun with a sabre - but Lucas always told the actors in the OT to use both hands as an indication that the lightsaber was difficult to use and hold, and physically heavy. I take that to mean that there is something special about the weapon which only a force sensitive can truly use.

Possibly - I mean, Han had no trouble cutting open a Tauntaun with a sabre - but Lucas always told the actors in the OT to use both hands as an indication that the lightsaber was difficult to use and hold, and physically heavy. I take that to mean that there is something special about the weapon which only a force sensitive can truly use.

According to the new canon, anyone can use a lightsaber.

There is even a scene with a lot of people (including Han Solo) fighting with one in the new Marvel Comics.

They'll change him like they changed the original Emperor in ESB.

hqdefault.jpg

The old Emperor looked all types of creepy. Dave Prowse tweeted a photo of how they superimposed a chimpanzees eyes over the actors to get that look.

He did look a bit wonky.

But then Snoke looked a lot like the alien from Crystal Skull and any number of "cliché alien frame" CGI'd characters. It's almost like a "stock character" they cast when they've run dry of creative ideas.

Sydow should have been Snoke ... in the long tradition of Cushing and Lee.

He did look a bit wonky.

But then Snoke looked a lot like the alien from Crystal Skull and any number of "cliché alien frame" CGI'd characters. It's almost like a "stock character" they cast when they've run dry of creative ideas.

Agree. Sydow was wasted. He did a great job with what he had, but would have been an amazing big bad. Maybe they were worried about his age.

Man that's an excellent suggestion WG! But alas, they looped his head off in the opening act...:thud:

I think everyone was expecting Sydow to be the villain when his casting was announced. He did give gravitas to that scene with Kylo, which it desperately needed, but I do feel he was wasted.

Then again, the PT has a long list of wasted talent.

I don't think he's force sensitive either. I think this idea that only a force user can operate a lightsaber is just some old EU garbage.

It isn't "EU garbage." It is just the misinformed who jump to conclusions and think non-force users can't use a lightsaber.

Anyone can pick up and use a lightsaber. It just takes force sensitivity to block blaster fire.

He did look a bit wonky.

Was that before or after they decided to use a slight tweak of OT designs and plotlines for every single thing in the movie?:lol

Was that before or after they decided to use a slight tweak of OT designs and plotlines for every single thing in the movie?:lol

:lol

Yeah, true. Derivative is TFA's middle name. In that sense its got PT beat. But what I really meant was that they used a seemingly 'standard' CGI pattern (for lack of the appropriate word) -- like all those Jurassic Park T-rex movements you've seen a billion times since it was built. It's like JJ went to the ILM CGI Library and walked out with the basic Crystal Skull Alien render... just add Gollum mo-cap, I mean what's-his-name.

Anyway, I'm not expecting Snoke to be anything great so who really cares I guess.

Wonder who will be the "Boba Fett" type character in the next one? And I hope its not literally a Boba Fett character.

:lol

Yeah, true. Derivative is TFA's middle name. In that sense its got PT beat. But what I really meant was that they used a seemingly 'standard' CGI pattern (for lack of the appropriate word) -- like all those Jurassic Park T-rex movements you've seen a billion times since it was built. It's like JJ went to the ILM CGI Library and walked out with the basic Crystal Skull Alien render... just add Gollum mo-cap, I mean what's-his-name.

Anyway, I'm not expecting Snoke to be anything great so who really cares I guess.

Wonder who will be the "Boba Fett" type character in the next one? And I hope its not literally a Boba Fett character.

Welp... if TFA is any indication, Ep8 will have a major chase through an ice meteor field (where a giant white-furred worm loses an appendage,) a swamp suspended in the clouds, and a two foot tall African American gambler-turned-Jedi-instructor who may or may not be trusted.

And the new character's Fober Bhett - a mercenary who hunts people for cash, so he's not a bounty hunter.

Apparently daisy ridley has had a horrific gym accident which has left scarring on her face, so the ep VIII script has been altered to include a sort of yeti/abominable snowman type fight right at the beginning. I think its arm is literally just out of shot on that final scene in TFA. Hooks her right in the face.

Im starting to get to get the itch to buy this figure. I have kylo ren and he's awesome. Would like another from the movie, and going by the pix on the site, rey doesnt look that much like daisy at all, but the finn figure looks really close to john boyega. Just worried about spending $200 and the pix not ending up being accurate.

Kylo was a safe buy because of the mask. I guess I could wait to order Finn, until after he is out so I can see what he looks like on this site. I doubt he would sell out. Kylo still isnt sold out and I would have to imagine he is a more popular character than Finn.

Well he *did* sense the awakening.

Not only that but Kylo seemed to show contempt for just about anyone but Snoke (including Hux). I highly doubt he would be subservient to a non-force user.

How could Snoke complete his training if he didn't know jack about the force (especially the Dark side)? Kylo worships Vader, he would not be under someone who wasn't closer to the Emperor/Vader's skill set.

Apparently daisy ridley has had a horrific gym accident which has left scarring on her face, so the ep VIII script has been altered to include a sort of yeti/abominable snowman type fight right at the beginning. I think its arm is literally just out of shot on that final scene in TFA. Hooks her right in the face.

I did this same joke a year ago and someone here had a literal melt-down over it.

Not only that but Kylo seemed to show contempt for just about anyone but Snoke (including Hux). I highly doubt he would be subservient to a non-force user.

How could Snoke complete his training if he didn't know jack about the force (especially the Dark side)? Kylo worships Vader, he would not be under someone who wasn't closer to the Emperor/Vader's skill set.

I need to grab the blu-ray. I've forgotten quite a bit of TFA. Maybe it was the mind-wipe of seeing BvS.:lol

Why does everybody seem to have the blu ray already? I thought it doesn't come out until tomorrow?

Best Buy shipped it last week and the post office delivered today. I usually get preorders from them a day early.

Back