Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Finn 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely that's not confirmed. Finn's going all the way to Ep9? Ugh.

He was fine in TFA but he's not exactly a guy I want to spend another four hours of movie time with. Isaac's great and Poe has some potential so I hope he's the one that has a greater role from the TFA grouping next time around.

It also gets a bit tired - "who's force sensitive"/"got the force in their bloodline"? It's getting like midichlorians. Or like Hollywood - you gotta be someone's son or daughter to make it.:lol

Yeah but you also think Kylo is Emo! So yeah......:slap

Yeah but you also think Kylo is Emo! So yeah......:slap

Yeah Kylo as Emo went viral not long after TFA released. If you Google image "Kylo Ren emo" or #emokyloren there's a ton of really funny stuff.

Just saw these ones the other day...:lol

ead01e70-8bbc-0133-9ff0-0e7c926a42af.png

CZg-0EoWAAoAvkO.jpg

_7dP36r9-n-Instagram.png

Still pondering i like the character but he didnt do enough for me in 7 maybe wait for 8?

Still pondering i like the character but he didnt do enough for me in 7 maybe wait for 8?

I just saw the movie again ("obtained" the bluray lol). The character is ok. He has some funny lines. I like that jacket a lot. I wish they did something unique with his hair though, and for me the very worst parts of the movie are seeing him with the lightsaber.

It does NOT sit well with me. At all. He isn't a jedi. He's not a force sensitive character, and to me lightsabers are special. I dont want to see just any average joe wielding them. I think back to all previous SW movies, with all of these people using them, and they felt right because they are either jedi or sith. You never saw Han Solo fighting with it, because it would have been dumb, and its dumb when Finn does it too.

You wait like half the movie to finally see a jedi weapon in action, and its with some random guy that gets beat up by a storm trooper. It feels a little better with Rey at the end because she is a force user, its in her blood and lineage, but still, shes untrained so most of the time she was meh with it anyway.

Me too.

Quite a bit earlier than expected. :lol

Will watch it again later and hope it doesn't encourage me to order any figures.

The movie is awesome, im just personally not a fan of average people swinging lightsabers around. Im sure some are fine with it. Just a personal thing. Rolled my eyes when he used it in the movie. I think they are special weapons that should be kept for special individuals. Finn is clearly not intended to be a Jedi or any sort of a force user.

It's funny, cause I really liked Finn in those scenes. He was overmatched, untrained, and in both cases looked like he knew it, and so showed courage in fighting with the saber. To each his own obviously.

It's funny, cause I really liked Finn in those scenes. He was overmatched, untrained, and in both cases looked like he knew it, and so showed courage in fighting with the saber. To each his own obviously.

Felt exactly the same way. I liked it when he said he needed a weapon and had to be told he was holding one.

And Han Solo used a lightsaber on a Taun-Taun to keep Luke snuggly until they were rescued the next day... :wink1:

Not to fight with. To me thats what I dont want to see in SW, and George avoided it. It would have been silly seeing Han fight with that. That would mean that anyone could use a lightsaber which just bugs me so seeing Finn with it, meh. Could've lived without that.

I honestly would have preferred to see Maz use it. She strikes me as someone who may be a force user. That would have been more epic than some average stormtrooper using it.

If you can use a vibroaxe you can use a lightsaber. You just can't deflect blaster bolts with it. And it's way more dangerous than a vibroaxe to the wielder.

What a strange thing to quibble over. A lightsaber is literally a laser sword. You can be a regular joe without any force powers and swing a sword around just fine.

I just don't get why his former storm trooper buddy didn't just shoot him; I can chalk it up to him wanting to beat his ass with his twirly electro baton though. :wink1:

I just don't get why his former storm trooper buddy didn't just shoot him; I can chalk it up to him wanting to beat his ass with his twirly electro baton though. :wink1:

It should have been Phasma that he was fighting. Would have given her something to do, and would have made that fight actually mean something, instead of him getting beat up by some nobody stormtrooper.

Never thought of that, good points trenken. :lecture

Not my idea. MANY people have talked about the desire for her to be in that fight with Finn than just with some random stormtrooper. The idea that the first lightsaber we see in TFA that is not kylo ren's, happens with 2 people that have no connection to the force. Bothers me and always will. So anticlimactic.... BUT if it were against Phasma, that would carry a LOT more weight than it does.

I'll bet $ Finn is force sensitive. Especially after watching the scene where he hears voices screaming when Starkiller base fires and kills all those folks.

If there was another way to get the Riot Trooper, I would have probably passed on Finn. He was an enjoyable character but found myself rooting for Kylo to kill him.

With that said, I am the type of guy who wants the villain to win.

Back