Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Finn 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The leg extender removal mod on TFA was very easy to do, and solved the scale issue to my eye at least...

I like the new look of TLJ Finn, but it's close enough to TFA so that I can't see needing a new figure. If they fix his expression in the new release, however, I could see going in on buying a parted new sculpt if the price were right.

Acquiring a parted out new sculpt will definitely be in my plans, as well. I was never happy with the released sculpt on TFA Finn. Preferred the proto sculpt.

Acquiring a parted out new sculpt will definitely be in my plans, as well. I was never happy with the released sculpt on TFA Finn. Preferred the proto sculpt.

The proto sculpt I feel would have been up there with one of the best SW sculpts HT made. From what I recall of it, I think it was a 10/10. The final product one I think I gave about an 8-8.5. Still overall a great score, but still kind of disappointing when the proto was perfect.

1b2b9884d0d67a7dc847a03e281dff59.jpg

92c145f46de2c95e2995677a8250147f.jpg

Rey & Finn after mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here my pictures of Finn from the Force Awakens! Maye the force be with you!
He looks much better without the little plastic extension with the foot.

Great pictures masterside! I really do like this figure. Comes with a lot of accessories. If anything the only additional things he used in the movie were the Falcon headset and Stormtrooper blaster, but it's a great package for the price. If only more figures were $205 now.

Nice pictures! I really like this figure as well, more than what I initially thought I would when it was first released. He's a great addition to my TFA collection and completes it.

Terrific shots, Masterside!

Another prime example of a great looking figure....that fails to capture the character of the performance.

My final judgement on this figure is that they intensified his expression with eyes wide open knowing they were going to package him with the Riot Trooper and wanted to make his look suit being at battle. The problem with that is that the other 99.5% of the movie in which he wasn't having his butt kicked by a random enemy, the sculpt conveys nothing about the internal vulnerability at the heart of his character, and why those of us who like/appreciate that character do...

The production sculpt I give about an 8/10, which I consider anything that and above to be a pretty good likeness in 1/6 scale. However, I thought the proto was a 10/10, so even though 8/10 is still good, it's a step backward when they already had it nailed and then tweaked it.

I initially was disappointed with the production piece because I thought the proto sculpt was perfect and it went backwards, but I really did enjoy the character in the film and thought he was humorous, so I felt my ST collection that's centered around TFA would be incomplete without him.

Glad Indy had an extra one he was willing to part with. :duff

I can't wait to see TLJ Finn. You just know that head is gonna be a hell of a lot more accurate. Hopefully they put him on a smaller body as well. This one looks too buff.

While the expression isn't the one I would prefer the most, I think it's an overall good sculpt. The likeness is there for me, even if not on par as TFA Han. Hopefully for TLJ they do a new sculpt with an expression that's less angry looking.

I really liked his character in the movie too. Humorous and fun to watch. I hope they keep the humor in TLJ, but give him a bit more confidence for character development.

And no problem SilverStar! [emoji106]

For people still wanting a Finn, here in a couple of webshops in holland they have a the boxset with the riot control trooper for a ridiculous low price!

https://www.visiontoys.nl/star-wars...tormtrooper-2-pack-sixth-scale-1-6-figure-set

€150 ($180 dollar!) Great couple of figures, i paid €399 for my set a year ago! Dont know about shipping to the US, but they ship for very low prices to the surrounding country's of The Netherlands.

ps, they also have a couple of trooper sets for the same insane low pricing.. Picked up the First Order Snow Troopers and Officer/Storm Trooper sets myself. They also had Phasma for $100 so for $460 i got 5 figures which make for an excellent display :)

The Finn :)lol) figure seems a bit too tall compared to Rey. When I saw them, John looked only an inch or two taller than Daisy so I was wondering if anyone else maybe did something with the figure to shorten him a bit to Rey's height and if they knew what could be done, he looks several inches taller than her with the way the figures were built.

Peeling back through this thread you’ll see a lot of folks removed the leg extenders to get him shorter and more in scale with Rey.

Not sure if there was a video, but I think there was at the least a written tutorial with pictures somewhere in the thread.

Thanks guys, pg 113 I believe. Before doing it, is it an easy fix to remove or is it permanent and can't be undone? Regular shorter angle pegs can't fit in there, they have to be shaved?

Also, was there a Finn snow base?

Back