1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Captain Phasma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No the eye piece itself. It comes out of the factory dull and unpolished, finger marked. Makes huge difference. The Line above her visor needs a cotton bud and a dab of remover.

Rory, did removing the weathering on the visor strip work? Can you share a pic please?

Did you use acetone?

Thanks in advance.

20160630_204403.jpg
20160630_204657.jpg
20160630_205634.jpg

Captain Phasma rarely appear in the movie
But I liked the character

Looking forward to this. I should have all the trooper variants by September to go along with it and Kylo Ren.

Nice idea with the risers. Still trying to figure out the best way to display 8 TFA FO characters on just two detolf shelves without making them look too crowded.

DSC_0372_zpseue2gcnr.jpg

DSC_0363_zpscioqbcaj.jpg

DSC_0362_zpsijag96vd.jpg

After my Phasma and gold trooper come I'll have 8 figures. I originally purchased 3 Detolfs for my halo collection and after testing my FAs in them I went with the Billy's with glass shelves. I can put 4 across on a total of 8 glass shelves on 2 Billy's so I'll never fill them up for a long while.

On another note I wish we had a choice on chrome, barely weathered and what looks like a lot of weathering. I never really noticed she was that weathered looking until recently. I've seen the uniform at Disney quite a few times and even there up close it appeared shiny with no weathering.

Assuming they are using movie replicas and why wouldn't they I thought it would just be a shiny armor. I will say that on screen and at Disney there seems to be just as little articulation as the figure has. Maybe they will use CG if she is in battle because that armor while looking fantastic doesn't appear to be the best for fighting.

Got any pics of your Billy display set up? Looking for other non Detolf display options myself- thanks!

Ok so I just put new flooring down so nothing is in place but I took the photos anyway. My lighting was being installed when I decided to rip out the carpet and put the Opal stone fat wood panels upstairs lol ton of work and tough with a room full of stuff. I had to carefully move lots of fragile a many many many times. I'm just getting arranged and will be doing all my lighting some I still have to get. Sorry just gotta explain the huge mess prior to getting ripped. When done I'll do a photo session. By then I should have my Vader PF and gold trooper and Phasma and unpainted R2. To come is my PF Kylo, FA Trooper, Voltron and a few other items. All PFs will go in the extra large PAX shelves too bad Jabbas too wide by an inch. Lights will go in all cubbies and on top of some shelves.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Some items are in place where they will go more or less but the ships and a lot of items not in the pix will move and all that. I'm trying to keep things in groups but it's tough. If not for keeping so many empty boxes I'd go by 2 more Billy's although I probably will or get another PAX since I have a lot of PFs coming.

I am also in the middle of building a speeder diorama with my other sideshow scout and sideshow Luke and Leia. I bought all the plants and using 2 repainted Hasbro Speeders. Mockup looks insane but it's on hold and I can't imagine where a 2x4 flat display will fit.

There are lights in the Billy the FA figures, you can see the wires hanging. They are low profile LEDs and look damn good just not wired at this time but trust me they are great. You can't see the lights as they are angled toward the figures.

Back