1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Captain Phasma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just a little worried about which TFA figures SS is going to get. Glad this isn't one of them.

Seems obvious they won't be doing any. Pretty sure they are sticking with PFs.

Highly doubt SS has the 1:6 license for TFA. If they did, with their latest releases, who would even buy them. SS is done my friend.

Yep. I mentioned this in another thread, but I spoke to a couple of Sideshow reps at NYCC last month and I asked them point blank if Sideshow was going to do any TFA 1:6 figures. They were very evasive and non-comital. They just said "Im not sure..." but at this point, I would think they would know for sure since they need to work on figures probably a year in advance. And if they are "not sure" they're making any figures 2 months before the movie opens, chances are they are probably not. They did seem more positive about making TFA PFs, though. The only thing I neglected to ask was what SW 1:6 figures they will be doing going forward.

I've followed every TFA thread with interest; was even tempted by FO stormtroopers and Kylo Ren, but once the initial excitement died down, I can honestly say I have no interest in investing money and precious space on 1/6 TFA.

The question is...how good would the film have to be to change my mind? Can it? Or is it all nostalgia-driven in the end? I have my movie tickets, I have S.H. Figuarts versions on pre-order for my SHF collection (less investment), but I wonder if actually watching the film will make me bite on any of this.

It all looks great, BTW. Phasma could look very imposing, perhaps more so than Kylo.

Yep. I mentioned this in another thread, but I spoke to a couple of Sideshow reps at NYCC last month and I asked them point blank if Sideshow was going to do any TFA 1:6 figures. They were very evasive and non-comital. They just said "Im not sure..." but at this point, I would think they would know for sure since they need to work on figures probably a year in advance. And if they are "not sure" they're making any figures 2 months before the movie opens, chances are they are probably not. They did seem more positive about making TFA PFs, though. The only thing I neglected to ask was what SW 1:6 figures they will be doing going forward.
Apart from considerations of whether they could profit at all in the face of HT taking this license on, I think SSC would have some serious issues as a result of their time table for getting figures made. A rep posted here not long ago that it takes about 2 years from conceptualization to production of a figure from SSC (takes a year to get a prototype together and obtain approval, then another year for production). HT seems to be able to do that in half that time or even quicker in some situations.

I wish they would get to some of the missing pieces from other lines,
especially BTTF II Marty + DeLorean AND Doc Brown AND Drax before all
this Force Awakens crap.

People complained about Iron Man getting so much Hot Toys attention, well…
now something else is taking up all the time and preorder space that they have.

I've followed every TFA thread with interest; was even tempted by FO stormtroopers and Kylo Ren, but once the initial excitement died down, I can honestly say I have no interest in investing money and precious space on 1/6 TFA.

The question is...how good would the film have to be to change my mind? Can it? Or is it all nostalgia-driven in the end? I have my movie tickets, I have S.H. Figuarts versions on pre-order for my SHF collection (less investment), but I wonder if actually watching the film will make me bite on any of this.

It all looks great, BTW. Phasma could look very imposing, perhaps more so than Kylo.

I think for me it will be more about what other figures are coming out at the same time. I don't think I have to LOVE the movie for me to buy a few figures. I love the designs already and it's from a franchise I love, so I'm willing to forgive a few shortcomings. If it's as bad as the prequels, then no, I won't get any! Well, maybe just Han.

But if there are other OT figures being released at the same time as the TFA figures, then I'll have to put priority on the OT stuff. Because money.

Apart from considerations of whether they could profit at all in the face of HT taking this license on, I think SSC would have some serious issues as a result of their time table for getting figures made. A rep posted here not long ago that it takes about 2 years from conceptualization to production of a figure from SSC (takes a year to get a prototype together and obtain approval, then another year for production). HT seems to be able to do that in half that time or even quicker in some situations.

Yep, if they haven't started by now, they aren't doing any. And you're right--HT seems to really be cranking these figures out! I'm sure we'll see the human reveals once the movie opens next month!

this Force Awakens crap.

Get used to it. Will be a SW movie a year for eternity, now. :)

the captain is coming!

12184053_10153142086982344_2277321284882415896_o.jpg

Hehe they need to be a little more specific with their messaging. "The captain is coming... in 1.5 years".

Hehe they need to be a little more specific with their messaging. "The captain is coming... in 1.5 years".

With they way HT is announcing figs with release dates, I'd say we see Phasma next summer, as early as May. The flametrooper they just announced is listed as May-July 2016.

With they way HT is announcing figs with release dates, I'd say we see Phasma next summer, as early as May. The flametrooper they just announced is listed as May-July 2016.

Flametrooper looks like a much simpler design though. Who knows. Could be next summer, could be late 2016 or 2017. Never know these days.

I don't think Phasma will take that long. The only issue I see is how quickly they get the chrome plating process done on the figure. I don't think they've ever done that before. At least not on a whole figure. Does anyone remember if they chromed the old Predator blades?

12184053_10153142086982344_2277321284882415896_o.jpg

You have seen the troops, and soon you will meet their captain in shiny armor!

Why start thread with that meager information? You were also the annoying guy that created a second Mark 45 thread when you knew there was already one being posted into.

this Force Awakens crap.

I think you're in the wrong thread then. I'm glad all that other stuff is pushed aside. Bring it HT. Down to get every release of HT SW.

She looks awesome my friends, just wait... Glad it was finally announced...not that I kept my mouth shut anyway ;)

I still stand by my Jedi Luke ROTJ coming soon. ;)

I can picture this on my shelf and it is glorious. A big, imposing chromed-out stormtrooper. This is going to the centerpiece of my Star Wars collection.

I have a feeling Phasma may be this gen's Boba Fett, where she's a badass in every one of her scenes and her identity is never revealed. Just a ruthless soldier that kills anyone who stands against the First Order. Like Grievous was in the Tartakovsky Clone Wars cartoon, not the films.

Flametrooper looks like a much simpler design though. Who knows. Could be next summer, could be late 2016 or 2017. Never know these days.

Gees this isn't Sideshow we're talking about. Nobody will care 1.5 years from now. These movies are coming out one after another, no time to wait on figure releases.

Why start thread with that meager information? You were also the annoying guy that created a second Mark 45 thread when you knew there was already one being posted into.

I don't get why you're annoyed with this. Is there another Phasma thread already? Can't official pics just be added to this thread once Hot Toys releases them?

Back