1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode IV - Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully this is still available to order after it starts shipping - to be able to see in-hand pics. The HT Luke proto head was better than the Luke prod head. This smiling Han head could be cool, or could be weird.

I think it's gonna go from weird to weird. But as he's basically two-faced he'll have a couple okay angles.

I guess what I mean is that the first HT Han was one of those headsculpts where HT actually went in and resculpted it between proto and prod.

I thought it looked good at the show. I will buy if it's produced at that level but anything less and I will be quickly out.

I don't get this. They have him on display at Celebration but shipping date from Sideshow is Jan-March 2018 !!

What gives ?? Do Sideshow often put in "far away" dates when they simply don't know real availability yet ?

Usually Hot Toys gives them Q4 2017 - Q1 2018 or something like that, so they just go based on that.

Some figures come early. This could be a candidate for that.

I don't get this. They have him on display at Celebration but shipping date from Sideshow is Jan-March 2018 !!

What gives ?? Do Sideshow often put in "far away" dates when they simply don't know real availability yet ?

It's the prototype, HT still has to make them all and it's more when they have factory space to do it more than anything else.

Must be factory capacity and priority I think, cause even though this is a "prototype", 95% of it exists as a serial product already. (Stormtrooper Luke, ANH Stormtroopers). It's just the head sculpt, and moulding of the armour.

This is what surprised me. A year out for a head sculpt seemed strange. But I know HT have a lot on their plate at the moment. This figure obviously also has low priority in the scheme of things.

Must be factory capacity and priority I think, cause even though this is a "prototype", 95% of it exists as a serial product already. (Stormtrooper Luke, ANH Stormtroopers). It's just the head sculpt, and moulding of the armour.

This is what surprised me. A year out for a head sculpt seemed strange. But I know HT have a lot on their plate at the moment. This figure obviously also has low priority in the scheme of things.

And sales aren't dependent on a movie out this year with a limited sales window.

I have been after this figure for a year at least. Now it's here I'm split to be honest. I would have bought this in a heartbeat if it was released around the same time as Luke, but it's been what? A year or more since Luke went on my shelf and I've sort of built another display vibe around him. (Team jailbreak; Smuggler Han, Leia, Stormie Luke - and Chewie when i get a shelf tall enough for him.)
Sure, the completist in me says "you need this" but that same completist also realised I would then need another Chewie and maybe another Leia to give Smuggler Han something to do. Hot Toys' timing really makes very little sense. A bit like Cassian.

been waiting for this figure since they released Luke in trooper gear, since Han is in the inner cover artwork in trooper disguise also, but a different head. I am torn, as this head is awful - poor choice of expression, poor execution - but..... do I pass on him? I have practically every HT SW original trilogy figure.

I went ahead and made a custom figure using a tall trooper body. If HT had released this last year I would have brought it.

53001647f7428a935023d8fcad392451.jpg
5267cbbd4b3d14e09fe5cc705db85323.jpg

been waiting for this figure since they released Luke in trooper gear, since Han is in the inner cover artwork in trooper disguise also, but a different head. I am torn, as this head is awful - poor choice of expression, poor execution - but..... do I pass on him? I have practically every HT SW original trilogy figure.

Personally I think it's better than the other HT Solo sculpt, while every sculpt except Leia's is pretty average. I don't see why you'd pass on this for the likeness when just about the whole line is underwhelming likeness-wise. You can always sell it if you don't like it, it's a pretty safe bet it'll hold its value or better. Or pop another sculpt on it.

Sounds like you're just buying it to fill the gap though. In which case, break your completist chains and leave a gaping hole in your collection that you'll always wonder about, it's a beautiful thing.

Last edited:
Sounds like you're just buying it to fill the gap though. In which case, break your completist chains and leave a gaping hole in your collection.

Great advice - the greatest. Buy what you want, not what you think you ought to have.

Back