1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode IV - Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checking that Euro price it seems like it would be cheaper to order direct from Sideshow, pay the VAT, earn some RPs and receive him sooner?

For my part, waiting for HK sellers to stock it. Often the best option for EU collectors as it helps avoid Sideshow's inflated prices, Fedex outrageous processing fees... and customs taxes if you're lucky.

For my part, waiting for HK sellers to stock it. Often the best option for EU collectors as it helps avoid Sideshow's inflated prices, Fedex outrageous processing fees... and customs taxes if you're lucky.

That's usually my plan. It's a waiting game, watching for the regular sellers to list it. Sometimes the price is higher, but you win on taxes, and other times it's a pretty good bargain with lower price, lower shipping and no tax. Plus earlier delivery, of course.

I don't pay any FedEx admin fees with orders from Sideshow, as I have an account so they take only the tax due.

I don't pay any FedEx admin fees with orders from Sideshow, as I have an account so they take only the tax due.

With new figures shipping straight from HK and SS sending them with UPS I prefer to order from SS. Factor in getting RP and the fact that prices have gone up alot from local shops and it's usually cheaper/the same price after shipping+VAT.

With new figures shipping straight from HK and SS sending them with UPS I prefer to order from SS. Factor in getting RP and the fact that prices have gone up alot from local shops and it's usually cheaper/the same price after shipping+VAT.

It was okay when Sideshow's HK shipping agents were quoting the values in HK$, but as soon as the 'error' was discovered I opted to go back to FedEx deliveries out of the US, as UPS said there was no way to avoid their admin fees.

Been in touch with Fedex France a while ago to inquire about that but they were helpless. If you aren't a company, it seems that's not an option around here :rolleyes2

Been in touch with Fedex France a while ago to inquire about that but they were helpless. If you aren't a company, it seems that's not an option around here :rolleyes2

That's bad news. :(

UPS said pretty much the same when I asked them. So I told Sideshow I wanted to go back FedEx instead.

Anyone know if this Han will also come with a helmet peg like Luke Stormtrooper to mount the helmet normally.

Would be grateful if someone at Celebration could ask at the stand.

I believe this may be the first video of ST Han, first I've seen. Check out the sculpt, I think it's great. Pulled the trigger on this guy within minutes.

Han is around the 2:15 mark.

Just pre-ordered. Seemed like a no-brainer to go with my Stormtrooper Luke. I go back and forth on the head sculpt, but if it looks good in hand I may use this one on my regular Han and that head on the trooper.

I'm not sure what I am going to do with the backdrop. It looks really cool, but not with the stand that comes with Luke when displaying these two figures together. Unless I can pick another one up cheap (which I am not expecting) I likely will use it with a different figure or sell it.

Any recommendations for where I can buy a ANH or Stormtrooper Luke head? I missed out on Stormtooper Luke but am considering getting two Han's and just swapping a head. Most listings on ebay seem a little sketchy to me.

Any recommendations for where I can buy a ANH or Stormtrooper Luke head? I missed out on Stormtooper Luke but am considering getting two Han's and just swapping a head. Most listings on ebay seem a little sketchy to me.

There's bootleg HT Luke heads that seem to be pretty close. The only problem with your plan will be the height. Luke should be shorter, like the short Stormtrooper in the HT ANH 2pk.

Anyone else who saw this in person at Celebration knows that this sculpt was excellent in person! Amazing how misleading weird camera angles can be! This piece is going to be awesome!

Back