1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode IV - Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got some information about this last night:

Looks like it's limited to 300 at the show. Hopefully that's 300 per show, and that 300 isn't the complete edition size.
I'll know more on Saturday.

That means we're possibly seeing production sculpts of these two. What I don't get is why they're so far off if they're already able to be produced.

They always run small amounts at the show. The wider release will have many more units -- 3,000-5,000 at least I would guess. That's enough for these to be available for a long time.

At one time, the TDK Scarecrow was a show ex and limited to 3,000 supposedly and highly sought after -- and you can still get it today for a slight mark-up ($200).

Yeah.

The only potential threat here is if the lackluster sales of TFA has put retailers off of ordering too many units up front, and thus HT cutting back on its edition sizes. The disappearance of Yoda at BBTS might indicate this.

But still, I don't think its worth HT's while if they can't at least make a few thousand figures to sell. Maybe that's why no Tarkin; maybe they feel he's a 500 unit figure only. Something smaller companies do.

So wrong how sideshow marks up retail by exactly $20 so when you use a coupon you think you're getting a deal.

This costs $222 retail in China. Sideshow is at $242 retail.

Same with the Spacetrooper.

Don't think they released the Spacetrooper until the wider release, though thy showed him at celebration.

They released the Shadow Trooper at a show and the TFA Squad Leader on Force Friday in Japan. Think those were the only two SW figures they did that with, but not positive. Then Finn Trooper had that early release at Shanghai Disney store.

Will we see a two pack eventually. Han w/o out Luke or vice Vera's is just boring.

Naah, I've been enjoying my Luke for as long as I have had it and those of us with it will just be enhancing our displays when Han comes out!

Will we see a two pack eventually. Han w/o out Luke or vice Vera's is just boring.

I'll be happy to have Han on his own. But I can't see the point of not offering a twin-pack, especially seeing as how a twin short/tall stormie pack was offered.

So wrong how sideshow marks up retail by exactly $20 so when you use a coupon you think you're getting a deal.

This costs $222 retail in China. Sideshow is at $242 retail.

I know, I really hate how sideshow has changed over the years in their pricing. Then there's the non-refundable deposite.

I'm interested in seeing more close up's of the final sculpt, I wonder if they will have him at SDCC.

Hot toys has surprised me before but I tend to doubt that they do a two pack of con exclusives. Kind of defeats the purpose. It's not as if either figure sold out overnight either, luke was available for months.

Back