1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode IV - Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eBay prices are ridiculous. Toy Anxiety and monkey depot won’t be bending us over when Han gets parted out.

Good to know. I was tempted to just grab a loose body—as I already have a spare helmet and like everybody else I'm not sure about the head sculpt—but I used a good amount of points on him already thinking he might have a randomly tiny edition size like the Finn Stormtrooper had.

I used a bunch of RP's too -- with NRD and points, this will cost me another $128 shipped.

You really need several of those backdrops to make sense. That’s what I’m hoping to do but not at a raping 100 a pop.

Yeah, you can use the backdrop for two figures at most. Great for Vader and a Stormie as well as other OT figs.

BTW, the Han smirk head is going for over $100 on ebay right now. Some of the listing pics don't look THAT bad. :lol

Last edited:
You really need several of those backdrops to make sense. That’s what I’m hoping to do but not at a raping 100 a pop.

Out of curiosity, what do you think would be a fair price? $100 is obviously nuts.

If you’re getting close to $200 even for a few of these it probably makes more sense to look at the budget Death Star backdrops from Jazz.

I have a feeling that this figure is going to sell out fast as some of us will be purchasing multiples of this figure for an extra ANH Stormtrooper and the backdrop.

I might pick one up to be able to have this scene on the shelf (and stormtroopers on another), but I'll be using the Jnix sculpt, this is just awful.

c85001a20adc3c5878043bfb7b312709.jpg

Out of curiosity, what do you think would be a fair price? $100 is obviously nuts.

If you’re getting close to $200 even for a few of these it probably makes more sense to look at the budget Death Star backdrops from Jazz.

I agreed to sell mine to Creighton for $50 (I’m keeping the nameplate). I’d rather sell to a fellow collector than deal with eBay.

Thanks bro! yes I think 50 is fair and hoping to pick another up at that price.
My logic is (give or take a few coins:) body and belt 100, head 90, helmet 45, base 50, hands and gun 30, box 5.

Paying 100 plus for the backdrop puts you in the “I could have just bought another one, kept the base, and parted the rest out and made my money.” Then you have eBay and PayPal fees.
Someone tell me im not crazy lol

Thanks bro! yes I think 50 is fair and hoping to pick another up at that price.
My logic is (give or take a few coins[emoji4] body and belt 100, head 90, helmet 45, base 50, hands and gun 30, box 5.

Paying 100 plus for the backdrop puts you in the “I could have just bought another one, kept the base, and parted the rest out and made my money.” Then you have eBay and PayPal fees.
Someone tell me im not crazy lol

Yeah, it’s definitely a numbers game. It’s an expensive figure to start with so if you at least get a coupon to lower the price and keep it simple—sell the complete Trooper (body, hands, blaster, helmet) for $180, the head for $50, comm and binders for maybe $5 each, you’re basically getting the backdrop for around $25 after all the fees/reward points are considered.

But it means you’re doing all that work for the extra $25 savings. Probably better to stick to your plan of getting them for $50.

I was going to try to pick an extra base/back drop for my Stormtrooper Luke but the prices have gotten stupid, I decided to preorder another Han. I figured I can always use another Stormtrooper and maybe use the Han HS for a custom that can go inside the Falcon cockpit when and if that thing ever comes out.

I was going to try to pick an extra base/back drop for my Stormtrooper Luke but the prices have gotten stupid, I decided to preorder another Han. I figured I can always use another Stormtrooper and maybe use the Han HS for a custom that can go inside the Falcon cockpit when and if that thing ever comes out.

Remember the ROTJ trooper previewed at SDCC. Well get another chance at that backdrop or a similar one. HT will milk those- trust me.

Remember the ROTJ trooper previewed at SDCC. Well get another chance at that backdrop or a similar one. HT will milk those- trust me.
I'm hoping they do re-use the backdrop. If it was reasonable enough to buy on its own I'd get a couple more at least. I don't feel like plunking down $245 more for a second figure though. Even though I'd take more Troopers that's too high considering they were $200 originally.

Back