1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode IV - Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How reliable are Hot Toys catalogue photos like these? Do they reflect what we're actually getting or are they placeholder images? It would be interesting to see if that photo has appeared somewhere before e.g. on the Luke Stormtrooper art card. Also, I wonder why Luke is there - is he being rereleased in a two pack?

Seeing the space trooper again reminds me that his pointy finger hand will go straight onto my Stormtrooper Han figure when it arrives.

These HT Japan catalogs aren't overly reliable - one of them showed The Lone Ranger, for instance. But 95%+ of what they show eventually gets released.

Here's a discussion, do you think they will produce more, less or the same quantities of Han as they did Luke in disguise? Most that have Luke would likely want to pair them up, but there is a different head sculpt, and people are possibly still keen for stormtroopers. Of course there could be Rogue One stormies coming, they did stay in stock for a while and some collectors may have given up on Han or found the helmet a great piece to part out, especially with a smirking Han (and that base is pretty sought after too right?)...

So, I'm hoping more.

So you got to get this to use the goof head on the regular Han and the more stern look from the original to use on this Han-trooper.

Very clever, Hot Toys.

I want this figure so bad I'm glade where going to get a head that's not lifeless this time

Nice to see it is getting released. Any other figures in the catalogue? Any new Marvel figures?

I would love to see a two pack of this paired with an alternate Luke stormie sculpt (showing some Luke teeth!.) Not a huge fan of the existing HT Luke sculpt.

And nice to see Ht trying with some personality/expression even if this one doesn't quite look like it's a home run - it's a nice change from the 1000 yard stare sculpts they normally do.

They usually have the same three or four ex's at all the cons. Reckon they'd do two trooper ex's?

66565371.jpg

They do a two pack and I'll be pissed. Why did I buy the single then? :dunno

+1

HT needs to be consistent with their branding of exclusives. I think for any regular figure, i don't mind reprints.
If you are going to brand exclusive, like the Luke in Stormtrooper disguise, do so.
Otherwise people will start second guessing your later releases like..will this be part of a 2-pack later on? Is this really an exclusive?
Takes away the whole "exclusive" part of it.

I doubt it'll be a 2 pack. itll be a single like Luke and I can't wait to buy it so I can be done with ANH.

Back