1/6 Hot Toys MMS: Spider-Man: Homecoming - The Vulture - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chastises people for bumping the thread.

Continues to speculate on the figure.

:rotfl

To be fair,

a93033ff-cd26-44fc-b068-b22be33d0835_text_hi.gif

which could explain the erratic behavior. :)

My dad, who is 67 and has never collected anything in his life other than a replica Lucillle from TWD, wants this figure after watching SM:HC. I told him it may not be released and he seemed a little down.

My dad, who is 67 and has never collected anything in his life other than a replica Lucillle from TWD, wants this figure after watching SM:HC. I told him it may not be released and he seemed a little down.

Maybe your dad needs to pay Howard a visit to "show him" his only collectible, and convince him on doing the Vulture....:lol

I'm starting to think that this figure won't make it to production. I'm confused as to why Hot Toys would show this figure after the movie had already been released for awhile. It's not like they were trying to generate hype for the movie or for other figures from the movie.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I'm starting to think that this figure won't make it to production. I'm confused as to why Hot Toys would show this figure after the movie had already been released for awhile. It's not like they were trying to generate hype for the movie or for other figures from the movie.

The only reason they would go through all the time and money to make the prototype is to maybe put into production. It's only been a couple months give it some time.

I'm with you, I don't really get it. The movie was a year old by the time SDCC 2018 came around. Reception about the figure was really positive, aside from people like me saying they'll pass on it because of the probable cost and size. But cost and size aren't things they can change and they knew that from the beginning of trying to create a figure like this. So opinions like mine should be thrown out since I was never in the running to buy it anyway.

The only thing I could see them wavering on is if they include an unmasked head, which almost everyone wants for this figure. That's the only thing that may be a dealbreaker for some. They've definitely invested a lot of time into it already, developing a headsculpt shouldn't be the end of it. Those are just my thoughts anyway, who knows. John Wick Went up for preorder relatively quickly after SDCC. `

Because Howard Chan.

The only reason they would go through all the time and money to make the prototype is to maybe put into production. It's only been a couple months give it some time.

Yes, what other reason would they bother with such a large prototype they never planned to release? Ultimately, it may come down to the fact that they just can't figure out an affordable way to offer it to the public and realize everyone will cancel so they don't bother. But the way they are showing it off still gives me promise. It's not really been a background piece -- at most shows its gotten its own display.

They seem to love Spiderman in various -- and ridiculous -- incarnations, so maybe they have a new Battle-Damaged Spiderman set to go with this.

Yes, what other reason would they bother with such a large prototype they never planned to release? Ultimately, it may come down to the fact that they just can't figure out an affordable way to offer it to the public and realize everyone will cancel so they don't bother. But the way they are showing it off still gives me promise. It's not really been a background piece -- at most shows its gotten its own display.

They seem to love Spiderman in various -- and ridiculous -- incarnations, so maybe they have a new Battle-Damaged Spiderman set to go with this.

Hmmm - A battle-damaged Spidey. That would be an excellent companion piece to Vulture. I was also thinking that a Vulture/Iron Spider combination could offer some interesting display possibilities, despite their not appearing together on film. Of course, you'd need ample space to pull it off.

Hmmm - A battle-damaged Spidey. That would be an excellent companion piece to Vulture. I was also thinking that a Vulture/Iron Spider combination could offer some interesting display possibilities, despite their not appearing together on film. Of course, you'd need ample space to pull it off.

The Homemade suit has a battle damaged head, so in essence they've already done that. I don't know if they'd go back to the Homemade suit to damage it up for another release.

The Homemade suit has a battle damaged head, so in essence they've already done that. I don't know if they'd go back to the Homemade suit to damage it up for another release.

The crappy seam and hit or miss stitching on the top of the head of the homecoming suit could pass as battle damage as well....

Yeah, them offering the helmet with the HC Spidey is such a tease on their part. Please let this see the light of day unlike Yellow Jacket and others.

Back