1/6 Hot Toys MMS: Spider-Man: Homecoming - The Vulture - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SPECTULATION: Hot Toys MMS: Spider-Man: Homecoming - The Vulture - Collectible Fi

Teenager who was bitten by a radioactive spider and inherits certain powers because of it. Yes.

Old man in a wingsuit that can miraculously stay airborne without any sort of device/contraption?

The design is sound.

The discussion just sailed over your head. We were talking about the comic look transferring to the movie.

Re: SPECTULATION: Hot Toys MMS: Spider-Man: Homecoming - The Vulture - Collectible Fi

The discussion just sailed over your head. We were talking about the comic look transferring to the movie.

No. It didn't at all. I was illustrating how a kid in spandex with powers can translate easier than an old man (with no powers) in a wing suit that miraculously stays airborne without any mechanical or electronical assistance.

I got what you were saying and you ignored my question about how it could be done after all the 'design is crap' comments.

Feel free to address it or move on. :wave

At 1/6 scale, I've determined that each wing of the Vulture suit would be roughly 15 inches. Accounting for the body, this gives him a wing span of about 32 inches. This is for the larger suit ( I'm convinced there are 2 suits or at least 2 configurations )

In comparison, each wing on the Falcon figure is about 11 inches with a wing span of around 24 inches. This is more in line with the smaller suit.

This Vulture is still a much better design than SM 3 snowboardin' New Goblin and ASM 2 Electro and Kid Goblin.

It's mostly because of the swag bomber jacket.

Jacket with fur collar + helmet with a beak-like oxygen mask = ingenious redesign.
Huge ass wings is an awesome addition too.

It's a much better redesign than Spidey.

No yellow jacket either.
The Shoker is easy to produce tho. He has yellow jacket... wink wink :monkey3

I like functionality and style. Its similar to what I feel about some of the design choices from the Nolan Trilogy. They don't resemble the comics too closely at all in some cases, but it worked because it was functional, but also sleek and stylish. I do think the New Goblin's mask was one step too far in the snowboarding direction and definitely a missed opportunity, but making the glider a snowboard I thought was impressive because it added variety to the battle sequences. He was more mobile with it, and could use it as a weapon. Truthfully, I don't think its any worse than the original Goblin design, which I think looks much goofier, I just think it doesn't resemble the comics enough to please most fans who want a closer visual representation of the characters they love (which I totally get, but don't really care for).

And just to tie it in a bit, I sort of feel the same about this design for Vulture. They wen't more for functionality and (I guess) realism. I think the designers did a great job on it.

All signs point to...maybe! :rotfl

vulture cos.jpg

Interesting.... makes me think the "vulture suit" is designed as a sort of fighter pilot type of deal (not necessarily inclusive of the wings)

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 12.58.49 am.jpg

All signs point to...maybe! :rotfl

View attachment 345279

Cosbabies are like Minimates; they make one of almost every character even if they don't bother making an actual figure. :lol

But in all seriousness, those do look good for what they are. But I don't collect Cosbabies, so pass for me.

Cosbabies are like Minimates; they make one of almost every character even if they don't bother making an actual figure. [emoji38]

But in all seriousness, those do look good for what they are. But I don't collect Cosbabies, so pass for me.
If they werent so damned expensive I'd be buying them like candy

Anyone made BirdMan jokes yet?

I always wanted a Hot Toys Green Goblin and Doc Ock from the Raimi films. That glider and those tentacles in 1/6 could have been something amazing.[/QUOTE]

Cosbabies are like Minimates; they make one of almost every character even if they don't bother making an actual figure. :lol

Oh ya? I must have missed something. I can only think of three or four that haven't found their way to 1/6 scale. (Ultron Drone, Wasp, Krenik, Beast). Don't collect the Cosbabies myself, but I took it as a "hope is still alive for this figure" kind of thing.

Oh ya? I must have missed something. I can only think of three or four that haven't found their way to 1/6 scale. (Ultron Drone, Wasp, Krenik, Beast). Don't collect the Cosbabies myself, but I took it as a "hope is still alive for this figure" kind of thing.

Thor 1 Loki didn't make it to 1/6 scale despite having a Cosbaby figure (I'm beyond happy to have the Avengers version in my collection though :yess:). I'm sure I could find more examples if I did some digging... I don't know much about HT history. :lol

If this gets made, I'd be curious to see the inevitable use the potentially unmasked older Keaton sculpt on Keaton Batman figures to represent an older, more seasoned, veteran Batman.

There's a prototype for an Ultron drone at least

This is of the figure topic but did anyone peep the mk 42 in the last spiderman trailer? It was during the vulture scene when he was lecturing the boys. I have to find a shot of it so maybe someone else can confirm this for me? I thought the 42 was blown up with the others

20170604_103333.jpg

I just pulled out my figure and this is the 42. I recalled Tony telling Jarvis to "blow up mark 42". I wonder how they're fitting this back in

This really makes a lot of sense. Toomes' beef would be with Tony and IM, not Spidey, so having that be the direction of his rage is very sensible and real in the connected universe this occurs in.

Edit: So, in saying that: the large presence of IM makes a lot of sense. Also, in some youtube comments it was pointed out the trailers are all action based, but this movie has been heavily described as a coming of age High School film. That would mean the action segments being shown arent what the filmakers are really intending to make money off of in this film.

Probably just a flashback since this was all going on while Tony was doing his thing. Similar to how Dr Strange tie-in with the Hammer Drone pilot from IM2

Back