1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah those SS bodies really are weak. Mine can stand and hold a pose but it doesn't take much of a knock for them to fall (luckily I live in a fairly stable environment). The HT has improved in some areas but it fails more than it improves. The robe colour and complete eye failure are unforgivable.

(yet I still haven't cancelled my PO...)

Yeah those SS bodies really are weak. Mine can stand and hold a pose but it doesn't take much of a knock for them to fall (luckily I live in a fairly stable environment). The HT has improved in some areas but it fails more than it improves. The robe colour and complete eye failure are unforgivable.

(yet I still haven't cancelled my PO...)

I haven't cancelled mine yet either, but I'm not sure why. The eyes are beyond failure, perhaps the biggest fail i have seen on a HT figure. The color and brightness are just abysmal. And that failure is attached to one of their most overpriced releases ever too.

I haven't cancelled mine yet either, but I'm not sure why. The eyes are beyond failure, perhaps the biggest fail i have seen on a HT figure. The color and brightness are just abysmal. And that failure is attached to one of their most overpriced releases ever too.

We need help :stooge

Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

I have to admit that I?m looking for reasons to re-Pre-Order the HT Jawa... but I just can?t see them in this video. I don?t pose my figures very often, so all the obvious advantages of the HT doesn?t really matter that much to me.
When you?re not a total slob when it comes to futzing the Jawas I still much prefer the SSC versions...
I don?t understand when a company makes a product that is already available on the market - why not improve it significantly and copy what works in what?s already out there? How can HT make such a blunder on the eyes for instance? A mystery.
...I feel bad about not supporting HT when they finally release a background alien. But the product is just not good for the price.

I have yet to cancel, but I am so unhappy with this set. I just really want the gonk. Decisions

Why don't you just get Rustyj's gonk in the custom section on it's own? It's more screen accurate than the HT version.

The only downside is you'd have make the legs articulate, but honestly - how much posing is your gonk figure really going to need? Rusty's gonk comes unpainted, but it's just gunmetal for the body and silver for the legs and done.

I have yet to cancel, but I am so unhappy with this set. I just really want the gonk. Decisions

Same dilemma. I almost ordered from TBA but I went ahead and just bought the Gonk by itself.

I’d like to see somebody dye that orange robe darker though. That’s probably my main problem with it.

So surprised to see this guy at my door today. After having in hand a few pros and cons.

Robe color, this one will be up to debate. I personally feel somewhere in the middle would be perfect- The Sideshow being too dark for my tastes. I did see a Jawa costume on display at the Smithsonian ages ago, and I will admit the likely faded costume was closer in color to the new Hot Toys figure. It also gives me a Kenner figure vibe.

Weathering is way heavier and realistic in person. The hood with the wires is one of the bigger improvements.

The eyes are such a mixed bag. Thankfully they are a more orange/amber in person than red like in some blogger pics. They are so dim. I appreciate what Hot Toys was trying to do. The Sideshows are just a bit too bright. The jawas in ANH didn't have bright headlights for eyes, they were more subdued. However I do think having a two LEDs instead of just one may have helped this figure. I did look and the neck pegs to the Jawas are different if you wanted to use the Sideshow head instead.

Bandoliers- Sideshow's are far and away better. They feel like real leather, the new ones not so much. I did try switching them, unfortunately the older Sideshow bandoliers are a bit undersized - something I had not noticed on the slim sideshow body. The Hot Toys is a bit broader, and he just looked like a stuffed sausage wearing the Sideshow ones.

The best improvement is the body. Though I've heard later releases are better, my sideshow jawas can not stand on their own. Not to mention the hands that constantly fall out. The Sideshow Jawa is way more fiddly, it can look great especially with a water treatment to the robes and some futzing + crossing your fingers it stands up.
Hot Toys is basically good to go with very minimal futzing.

This release is a bit of a mixed bag. If I wasn't such a fan of the little guys I'm not sure I'd have purchased it. I am going to try and pose him some more, but as of now he's grown on me.

IMG_20200614_114935__01.jpg

Yes it is, he's leaning against the wall because he can't stand on his own. ��

2 move quick shots...

First shows the eyes the best, this is right when I put in the batteries.
IMG_20200614_112139.jpg

Next is a picture outdoor, showing the robe color can look nice in the right lighting.
IMG_20200614_112117__01.jpg

I do wish there was a way to display him with glowing eyes, while not using the electronics. Only way I think this could be achieved is if Hot Toys included a second head with painted reflective gold eyes?

Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

2 move quick shots...

First shows the eyes the best, this is right when I put in the batteries.
View attachment 487615

Next is a picture outdoor, showing the robe color can look nice in the right lighting.
View attachment 487616

I do wish there was a way to display him with glowing eyes, while not using the electronics. Only way I think this could be achieved is if Hot Toys included a second head with painted reflective gold eyes?

You could try cutting out some small gold stickers? Or bright yellow

Re: Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Does it look like you can get into the head to change the electronics/LEDs?

A little bit of tweaking could improve this figure dramatically... (if it's possible).

We need help :stooge

I just looked through the Hot Toys visual checklist pinned at the top and realized I have every OT figure Hot Toys has ever made. They aren't exactly cranking them out at record pace either so I think I will reluctantly keep this order. All thats left after the Jawa is Leia and Wicket.

I bought just the Gonk and got it today. I really like it. Yeah, it’s light but it doesn’t have to be filled with lead to look good. I really love how the legs are articulated. That little bit of added movement really brings a little personality to the droid.

I just looked through the Hot Toys visual checklist pinned at the top and realized I have every OT figure Hot Toys has ever made. They aren't exactly cranking them out at record pace either so I think I will reluctantly keep this order. All thats left after the Jawa is Leia and Wicket.

I don?t think ht have announced a new ot figure since leia and wicket (I don?t count the Kenner boba as it is just a repaint). That is some drought thanks to the mandalorian. Plus, we cannot even get excited at any potential sdcc virtual reveals as we all know how that goes. I hope the next announcement is OT related. They need a han, luke, or Vader to preorder.

Back