1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just looted one of these from a LCS (I JUST missed out on two Krennics:gah:) and I must say even for free it feels like a weaker release.:dunno

:monkey3

Here is a message I got from UPS this morning(not this figure)...

Civil unrest has delayed your package in transit. Delivery will be rescheduled. Check back for updates.

TaliBane must be behind this...

4ab379d0ccbe644e3e026afdcea53f50.jpg

Didn?t futz with it too much. Just enough to get him up on the temp display while I figure out where he?s going to go. Need more than 1. The material for his robes aren?t as thick as imagined them to be. The photos had me thinking of a different type of material

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you like them?

Of course it was left behind, no one loots a dumpster. I like the Jawa, but I can't justify the almost $300 price tag.

I wouldn't drive all that way up there to loot Sideshow, but I would to spray "Hot Toys will ALWAYS be better!" on the front wall.:lecture

Here is a message I got from UPS this morning(not this figure)...

Civil unrest has delayed your package in transit. Delivery will be rescheduled. Check back for updates.

TaliBane must be behind this...

Nope, not me! I'm just driving back home to empty my car - the LG OLED 65" I scored overnight blew out my capacity.

But... what was your UPS depot's address again?:monkey3

Those plastic clamshell stand covers are really bad. I'm hoping this is a one-off exercise and not something HT is planning to use on additional figures moving forward.

The weirdest thing is that they took one of those Rey/BB desert stand toppers (that they SHOULD have used for this release) and put it on a HT stand and took a paper-thin vacuform of the whole thing.

Such a weird thing to do instead of just including two of those desert add-ons in the set, and from memory the first time they showed the Jawa/gonk, it WAS shown with those add-on pieces.:dunno:slap

4ab379d0ccbe644e3e026afdcea53f50.jpg

Didn?t futz with it too much. Just enough to get him up on the temp display while I figure out where he?s going to go. Need more than 1. The material for his robes aren?t as thick as imagined them to be. The photos had me thinking of a different type of material

I tried to give this set the benefit of the doubt, but this set looks cheap next to the spectacular r2. Really cheap. The gonk doesn?t look great and the Jawa is meh. I may cancel, but I would hate losing the deposit.

I think the Jawa looks fine/ok in the Rbeato photo above, but I think the gonk looks really cheap!

I keep oscillating between this and the Sideshow Jawas. I think overall the HT Jawa looks fine. I don't mind the orange cloak. I even don't mind the non-weathered bandoliers. But I'm bothered by the red eyes. And the price is ridiculously high, especially having the cheap looking gonk and the terrible stand covers.

The SS on the other hand, look ok too. I don't mind the cloak material/texture. But I'm really annoyed at the floppy bodies and the "hair bracelets". I re-read MWC Toys's review and he was having trouble just keeping the hands on! They would just pop out by just breathing on them! I know the second batch were a little better in the body department, but I don't know if it's good enough for me to overlook. If the bodies were good (and I mean "good", not just "good enough" or merely "ok") on the SS, it would be a clear winner for me.

I might pick up a parted out gonk...as this set is way over priced with too much off to justify picking it up...

Loose body joints aside(which are an easy fix) the SS jawas are a better representation

In the reviews watching them pick up that little hollow piece of Gonk plastic made me cringe.

We?ve been Gonked!

Should have been two Jawa's and the droid as an accessory for the price. The droid is not much better than the interrogation droid with Vader or Probe droid with Maul.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Should have been two Jawa's and the droid as an accessory for the price. The droid is not much better than the interrogation droid with Vader or Probe droid with Maul.

I actually quite like the probe droid included with Maul. Looks pretty nice too. The one catch being the flimsy stand they provided with it and the base being too small/light to properly support it. I have mine displayed with him but propped up in a corner from fear of it falling over and breaking.

I actually quite like the probe droid included with Maul. Looks pretty nice too. The one catch being the flimsy stand they provided with it and the base being too small/light to properly support it. I have mine displayed with him but propped up in a corner from fear of it falling over and breaking.
Yeah I'm not knocking either probe, but they came as an accessory as opposed to be classed as a figure in this pack.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I?m kind of where Lu?s at. Especially based on photos of the SSC all futzed up, I think they look better overall; but those seams in the hood are just annoying. The HT really isn?t bad; it?s just not what it should be.

I might pick up a parted out gonk...as this set is way over priced with too much off to justify picking it up...

Loose body joints aside(which are an easy fix) the SS jawas are a better representation

Just get Rustyj's custom gonk in the custom section - it's more accurate than the HT version in both body and foot details. The first batch is about to ship from Scratchbuilder in the UK.

Yeah I'm not knocking either probe, but they came as an accessory as opposed to be classed as a figure in this pack.

Ah, gotcha. The Gonk should have been an accessory and the overall price reduced. Though, really, they should have just released a Jawa 2-pack if they weren't going to do the 3-pack they originally presented.

Regardless, I just ordered two sets because I'm lacking in common sense.

Ah, gotcha. The Gonk should have been an accessory and the overall price reduced. Though, really, they should have just released a Jawa 2-pack if they weren't going to do the 3-pack they originally presented.

Regardless, I just ordered two sets because I'm lacking in common sense.

tumblr_pa6bk7TxpL1v058vko1_500.gifv

After all the video reviews I'm giving serious consideration to cancelling and swapping over to the Leia/Wicket set.

Back