1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome. Can't believe we're getting a correct sandcrawler power droid.

Interested what price this will land at.

At first I thought it was 2 Jawas and the Gonk hehe

Yeah that back/front pic is a bit confusing. They should probably fix that. Especially because "Jawa" might be read as plural.

I can't believe they released them! Awesome!

More aliens is a good thing.

Yeah I'm really surprised too and excited! There's almost nothing left from ANH left for them to do besides 3PO and the DS Trooper right?

So is that the tall jawa or the shorty just without the vest?

I think it's the short one from all the other pics on FB.

At first I thought it was 2 Jawas and the Gonk hehe

I hope they're going to put hat up in another hour haha, I'd love a 3 pack. I don't have the SS Jawas.

Yeah that back/front pic is a bit confusing. They should probably fix that. Especially because "Jawa" might be read as plural.

I hope this is like $250 or less. The droid should be really simple, no lights and looks like ball jointed legs and that's it. The Jawa is just a robe wrapped around a body. It doesn't look like they did anything for the head, it's pretty clear it's just smooth black in the large pic.

Not sure, but he's got the wrong blaster for taking down R2.

Perhaps another Jawa set is coming... with the correct ion blaster and 2x Jawas.

Actually when looking at the original prototypes this looks like the shorter one without that jerky *insert light colored meat here* vest
Either way this is a very cool release and will snag this.
More aliens please!

Yeah at a glance it looked like a 3pk!

Wow, very surprised to see HT actually releasing this. Although I'm not really sure about how the eyes seem to bug out on their figure. I think how SS did it with the eyes set more inside the head looked a bit more natural.

I definitely like the more orangy color of this robe though.

FB_IMG_1568784924802.jpg

Hopefully not too high. Difficult to guess considering considering that jawas have a pretty basic costume and no head sculpt while the droid is more a large painted accessory than it is a figure. I'll get one and maybe two if the price is agreeable.

I wonder if there will still be a two pack of Jawas? Many people will want multiples although I don't necessarily need myself as I have a few Sideshow Jawas already.

Wow, very surprised to see HT actually releasing this. Although I'm not really sure about how the eyes seem to bug out on their figure. I think how SS did it with the eyes set more inside the head looked a bit more natural.

View attachment 466479

Why the surprise ? They also tie into the Mandalorian so HT can ride that hype wave.

But we should really support this to show HT that OT aliens sell well and are wanted by collectors. Wicket was the first small alien, now Jawa. Milk that small body frame HT. Maybe we'll get all Warwick Davis characters next ? :lol

Someone asked if we must be nearing the end of OT figures. We (I) still want a Tusken Raider, Admiral Ackbar, Greedo, Hammerhead. So plenty more to go as far as I'm concerned.

View attachment 466479

I like the look of that grimy robe too!

Hopefully not too high. Difficult to guess considering considering that jawas have a pretty basic costume and no head sculpt while the droid is more a large painted accessory than it is a figure. I'll get one and maybe two if the price is agreeable.

I wonder if there will still be a two pack of Jawas? Many people will want multiples although I don't necessarily need myself as I have a few Sideshow Jawas already.

I have a feeling the other Jawa will be paired with R5.

Some pretty sweet pics of them both. This one is my favourite.

I think I will wait a few days and see if they offer a 2 pack Jawa set. I already have an unpainted resin moulded power droid. Just need to see if it looks exactly like this guy or not. Definitely has the E on the side.

In some ways this is also more of a marketing push for R2 and for people who have already pre-ordered him to think, oh yes I'll get a Jawa to go with him. HT always wanting to sell their stuff :lol

70470253_10156516421892344_3599100478568267776_o.jpg

70307609_10156516421447344_2442572769095843840_o.jpg

70599105_10156516422122344_7859175030758834176_o.jpg

Why the surprise ? They also tie into the Mandalorian so HT can ride that hype wave.

But we should really support this to show HT that OT aliens sell well and are wanted by collectors. Wicket was the first small alien, now Jawa. Milk that small body frame HT. Maybe we'll get all Warwick Davis characters next ? :lol

Someone asked if we must be nearing the end of OT figures. We (I) still want a Tusken Raider, Admiral Ackbar, Greedo, Hammerhead. So plenty more to go as far as I'm concerned.

Well as memorable as they may be, they're still very minor characters in the SW universe and not the kind of figures we've seen HT bother much with before. Wicket made more sense being an obvious companion for Endor Leia and a box set everyone was clamoring to have.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm definitely happy to see HT diving deeper into the OT like this. :D

That is a reasonable guess. Not sure I want to see that happen as I am already very happy with the Sideshow R5. I wish they would release the Death Star Trooper instead.

I have the same dilemma. I have a Gonk, SS Jawas and a SS R5. Hmmm. Want to support them though like I said.

Seems they are moving pretty quick on the Con displayed figures.....that's good. More room for new stuff :lol

67606993_10156414115987344_9188527332254547968_o.jpg

I have the same dilemma. I have a Gonk, SS Jawas and a SS R5. Hmmm. Want to support them though like I said.

Seems they are moving pretty quick on the Con displayed figures.....that's good. More room for new stuff :lol

View attachment 466483

It's definitely nice to see stuff going up for order, I was especially glad to see Leia and Wicket go up quickly. I also have probably the same unpainted resin Gonk as you. I'm still in for the Hot Toys though as it will be fun painting the resin one a different color and weathering scheme.

It's definitely nice to see stuff going up for order, I was especially glad to see Leia and Wicket go up quickly. I also have probably the same unpainted resin Gonk as you. I'm still in for the Hot Toys though as it will be fun painting the resin one a different color and weathering scheme.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too about the repaint. Plain grey is too easy. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back