1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

It's a bummer they reused the feet (from the previous two "streets of Mos Eisley" PDs that HT showed) for this sandcrawler PD because they are incorrect - the sandcrawler design has much deeper "toes" - but still magic to see they did this one.

It would be a nice easter egg extra to have the two bumps on the side light up like in the Kenner figure art.

Who's saying these are OT figures at all.

At this point I'd say they're Mandalorian figures. That Gonk shown in the footage was Silver like this one. R5-D4 was also put on Instagram by Faverau a while back.

The Jawa blunderbuss weapon was also in there at the 40sec mark.

https://youtu.be/ZfmN4d6Udog

HT has done this before. For example Battlefront Snow troopers which also covered ESB Hoth Troopers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are not my Jawas.

:D

Haha. Gotta adapt or miss out man !

I actually don't mind the look of this guy below. Am sure someone will know if the bandoliers on this are OT or something different. Looks different to me, and that's also good for me. Gives some difference to the SS figures.

Hard to make out details on Mandalorian footage. Will probably need to wait until D23 to get it in HD.

5ed22db493f6bbaa97fdc771713f63bb.jpg

Re: Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Who's saying these are OT figures at all.

At this point I'd say they're Mandalorian figures. That Gonk shown in the footage was Silver like this one. R5-D4 was also put on Instagram by Faverau a while back.

The Jawa blunderbuss weapon was also in there at the 40sec mark.

https://youtu.be/ZfmN4d6Udog

HT has done this before. For example Battlefront Snow troopers which also covered ESB Hoth Troopers.

I’ve also mentioned these could be Mandalorian based/inspired releases - as seen in the teaser. Maybe until they gauge the Mandalorian’s reception these will sit in limbo as the DST. Unfortunately he faded into oblivion with Solo’s box office. Seems like he could’ve been part of the planned Solo wave of figures. I still think he’ll be released at sometime.
If/when these are released I’ll pick them up... Gonk and definitely R4. I’ve already got an R5 but will see how HT’s version comes out.

I'm happy to take more Jawas, but I really hope this Power Droid gets made. The reveal and dumping of the previous two PDs maybe doesn't bode well, but its a simple set so hopefully it'll happen.

I find it hard to believe that HT would reveal a Jawa and Gonk as part of the Mandalorian line, without revealing the Mandalorian himself.

Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

But it’s true that they have some features that doesn’t look ANH.
The fabric on the face and big eyes, the color of the robes and the non hairy hands doesn’t say ANH. And would it make sense to make ROTJ Jawas? I don’t think so. So either they are just making non specific jawas or its Mandalorian Jawas.

Re: Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

But it’s true that they have some features that doesn’t look ANH.
The fabric on the face and big eyes, the color of the robes and the non hairy hands doesn’t say ANH. And would it make sense to make ROTJ Jawas? I don’t think so. So either they are just making non specific jawas or its Mandalorian Jawas.

Good point on the lack of fur. Hmm... maybe they'll sell them as ANH first then add them to the Mando line with another inclusion other than sandcrawler PD.

I find it hard to believe that HT would reveal a Jawa and Gonk as part of the Mandalorian line, without revealing the Mandalorian himself.

They'll release him closer to November when the show goes live I reckon.

They know we'll buy him. It's the new people they need to get addicted to this hobby like us [emoji14]

I'll take these Jawas anyday.

Just watched a couple of SDCC videos and these guys look taller and lighter material than the SS. Therefore they should look fine as a mix with the SS ones. I guess a couple with no weapons would look better than 2 with the same gun.

Just watched a couple of SDCC videos and these guys look taller and lighter material than the SS. Therefore they should look fine as a mix with the SS ones. I guess a couple with no weapons would look better than 2 with the same gun.

So the HT ones are even taller!? ...I’d prefer adding some smaller ones to be honest [emoji848]

So the HT ones are even taller!? ...I’d prefer adding some smaller ones to be honest [emoji848]

Yes i thought the same, although one of the SS Jawas was on the smaller side. I think I also have a Hasbro one somewhere in storage. He was also pretty small and certainly cheaper. Perhaps not exactly 1/6 (I think that's why). Good for a background Jawa in a "Jawa herd" though.

Just going to throw up a few pics I took. One thing that stood out to me is that the Power Droids we saw in previous years looked a lot better than this one. Not sure what is up with that.
20190717_180932.jpg
sdcc2019-28.jpg
sdcc2019-152.jpg

Just going to throw up a few pics I took. One thing that stood out to me is that the Power Droids we saw in previous years looked a lot better than this one. Not sure what is up with that.
View attachment 462356
View attachment 462357
View attachment 462358

I agree the ones previously displayed were more detailed and visually appealing. I think a lot of people here would argue this latest look is more classic. Ultimately they might have went with the more basic version because it's going to be thrown in with a Jawa two pack.

Yes i thought the same, although one of the SS Jawas was on the smaller side. I think I also have a Hasbro one somewhere in storage. He was also pretty small and certainly cheaper. Perhaps not exactly 1/6 (I think that's why). Good for a background Jawa in a "Jawa herd" though.

The Jawas were many different sizes. I’ve only heard people complain that the SSC Jawas are both too tall though - they aren’t, because some were even taller. But some were smaller than the SSC ones, especially the first ones Rtoo encountered. I would have preferred smaller ones.

The Jawas were many different sizes. I’ve only heard people complain that the SSC Jawas are both too tall though - they aren’t, because some were even taller. But some were smaller than the SSC ones, especially the first ones Rtoo encountered. I would have preferred smaller ones.

These HT versions seem relatively similar in height. That's a shame. However i guess for the adventurous the legs and robes could be shortened. Or perhaps use a different body I guess. Surely must be a childs body out there. The Jawas were in the end kids dressed up anyway.

Back