Hot Toys - MMS - Ironman - Ironman Mk II Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does it even matter which one is taller or not? How many people complaining about the height will have it in a 7bay hoa or on no base side by side in museum poses? Does it matter if red snapper is the same height as mk5 or not?

I would've had them side-by-side in the HoA. It's obvious that the Mk1 and 7 will be updated with diecast, along with new HoA bays as well. Of course it's speculation until it's actually announced, but I'm pretty confident it's happening.

But seeing that the Mk2 is the exact same mold as the Mk3, I've scrapped that plan...

It is what it is. It may not bother some, obviously it bothers a lot of people, myself included. It's just too drastic of a height difference in my eyes. And for the amount of money an entire HoA setup would cost, I'm not willing to accept just anything HTs wants to throw out. Your mileage may vary and no one is wrong for being of one opinion or the other.

Also, I'm not saying this is a bad figure, I think the paint looks great. He's just not in scale with the 4, 5 and 6, period. Now it was never a foregone conclusion that the height issue would be addressed, but I had hope...

I probably would have tried to do the Hall of Armor in Diecast, so that height difference is a deal breaker for me.
I did have the Mark III Diecast at one point, but the crappy midsection design and height made me sell him off.

Just wasn't for me, though as has been mentioned… I am sure he will be great for some people.

Why does it even matter which one is taller or not? How many people complaining about the height will have it in a 7bay hoa or on no base side by side in museum poses? Does it matter if red snapper is the same height as mk5 or not?

It’s more than just the height. They don’t look good (in scale) standing next to each other. Also they didn’t capture the look of the torso in my opinion. It’s too straight it doesn’t have the right shape. I think the combination of everything throws it off to the point where people can’t accept it.

bc888f32fa55ea557d3f04c639fe2794.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got rid of 95% of all my HT collection (over 138 figures) just to only keep my sealed HOA to eventually complete it with a DC mark suit set.
No disrespect, but for the sole purpose of the HOA being my only attachment with anything Hot Toys now, this matters big time to me. The only future HT figures I will ever buy are a DC Mark I or VII. I'm done with the brand. That being said, I am super disappointed that they didn't scale into consideration with these two figs of II and III. I have been patient and waiting for years to complete a DC set for the HOA only to find out that it's not entirely going to work.

If only a 3rd party or someone could produce a slightly elongated swap out torso for the Mark II and III. It won't fix the scaling issue 100%, but even if it made II and III closer to the height of V and VI, it's still visually a lot better. Any Shapeways masters of their craft up to the challenge? That's one thing I like about the Transformers hobby. When the collector community complains or wants a legitimate improvement, 3rd party companies are quick to step up and produce upgrade parts to help fix issues.

c5c10f017ced7b224afa0fd7485350e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably in the minority, but I actually really like how they all look together side by side like this. Seeing a good picture that plays up the figure's good aspects rather than what's lacking helps. This could actually work if done the right way. Having the Mark III beside it helps offset the difference. Man, that silver paint is awesome - can't wait to get mine.

Probably in the minority, but I actually really like how they all look together side by side like this. Seeing a good picture that plays up the figure's good aspects rather than what's lacking helps. This could actually work if done the right way. Having the Mark III beside it helps offset the difference. Man, that silver paint is awesome - can't wait to get mine.

Agreed.. I don't even mind the size difference to the VI. Oddly it's just the V that niggles me..

I guess not everyone cares about the difference in height. It's in last chance. Grab it now if you want it.

I really like it also. Height isnt an issue for me since it'll only be on the same shelf as the mk 3 and eventual mk 1

It is a good figure indeed. I quite like the MII.

Also, how does this DC MII stand next to the Armor Unleashed version?

Paint and body porportions are much better than the unleashed but i doubt any new IM figure will ever come close to the insane level of detail the unleashed has. I wish they would do an unleashed version of this one.

Back