Hot Toys - MMS - Ironman - Ironman Mk II Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was always under the impression marks 1-3 were more indicative of RDJs actual height. Didn’t start building lifts into his armors until Mark IV lol

Was always under the impression marks 1-3 were more indicative of RDJs actual height. Didn’t start building lifts into his armors until Mark IV lol

mk 1-3 are the only IM figures which looks like a real person can actually be in them.

mk 1-3 are the only IM figures which looks like a real person can actually be in them.

I actually agree. The mk II does look more like a human body could fit inside, whereas the VI looks like a very stretched out human body (or basketball player) would fit.

But whatever, right?

I dont know what everyone is so hung up on "person fitting inside" in a super realistic way, I mean the intent is to do that, but theres also an element of suspended belief, they fudge his height, they fudge the proportions of the suit, but ultimately its what looks best. Feige and Favreau have both said the changes were to show a more heroic body type with the suit for IM 2, If hot toys is doing the strict "prop suit" then this is passable, but if theyre trying to bring what we see in the movie to life then they failed

I hate to say I told you guys so on this. But I knew this would be the same exact proportions as the MKIII. And it makes sense to me.
They made the mistake with the 3 and it is hard to go back on. Those who have the DC III...some would like the II to be in scale with that one. Than there's those who want the II to be in scale with the other DC figures.

It's a mess that started with the MKIII DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this pretty much confirms that there won't be a mk3 diecast v2 huh. If they've settled on these proportions then thats probably that for the foreseeable future.

Which is why I just bought one. I want the complete first 7 and I'm not a stickler about scale for mk 1-3.

So this pretty much confirms that there won't be a mk3 diecast v2 huh. If they've settled on these proportions then thats probably that for the foreseeable future.

Most definitely. Maybe a B/D version in the same scale tho.

73c4304832fbd2b7a18025df89d98938.jpg

Well, HT sealed the fate of this figure for me...PASS! :slap

The only plus side is that we all kinda anticipated the possibility for a midget turnout, so I can't say I'm entirely letdown. Moreover my wallet can take a breather.

I do wonder, percentage-wise, how the height will affect its sales numbers.//

I'm sure this looks good in person and if you're happy with the die-cast Mark III, then you'll be fine with this. I wonder if they improved ankle articulation since the Mark III had next to none. I'll still pick this one up - I wasn't expecting a release so soon.

The size comparison with the Mark VI doesn't do this figure any favors. Best displayed by itself or with the III.

95f6529c90d8543065ad59c1442ab445.jpg

What makes me mad is that they couldn't get ankle articulation...

I knew the size would be the same but thought they'd at least change the ankle articulation.

yeah, main issue here isn't the size, but the fact that this figure is based on a very old design

So same height and no ankle articulation...this is simply a re-hash of an older, inferior mold...so knowing that, why would there still be any buyers?

It's not like this is any cheaper, it's still on par with the other Diecast prices that have actual improvements!

Can someone extend the waist and take a photo of it next to one of the recent release (Mark 5, 6, 47, etc.). Im wondering if that will help at all with the height issue.

Can someone extend the waist and take a photo of it next to one of the recent release (Mark 5, 6, 47, etc.). Im wondering if that will help at all with the height issue.

It will obviously help a bit with height...but than it will look off in terms or proportion. Long torso, stubby legs.

And I'll agree with a previous post that the finish on the silver and the rivets really are amazing. It looks great actually. And I love my MKIII DC so I could buy this figure MKII and be happy with it (tho I am not).

But it is inferior to other IM that are more consistent in terms of height, articulation. Maybe HT never thought they made a mistake with the MKIII and therefore why would they change the body for the MKII.

Back