Hot Toys - MMS - Ironman - Ironman Mk II Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have every armor and know there is as much as an inch in height difference. I was curious to know if there is any reference material online or print or anywhere that lists all 46 armors and what their height is. Or if it is simply personal preference that some want uniformity? Like Furyan posted or proportions like you posted. It can't possibly be the link I posted. Every armor is listed as either 6'0", 6'5" .

Some are even listed as USER'S HEIGHT.

Yep, I was stating my personal preference :)

This picture shows the difference in height to be quite a lot. Personally it's not the overall height for me as I would display it standing next to another IM (unless in a hall of armour where it wouldn't be overly obvious), but for me it's more the proportions. I think longer legs would solve a lot of that, as it is the mk3 looks a little stunted (I still have and like the figure though) so I hope the mkII does get updated a little.

Edit: damn, quoted the wrong picture instead of the one with no bases. But you can still compare quite well!

Hmm ok, well what if I do this? Does that help even things out a little? :D

20170726_190009 (634x800).jpg

Actually come to think of it... I think I do kinda like them better with the bases switched...

I've seen the DC Mark III going cheap so many times, and I know there's a way to mod the ankles to get some sideways tilt out of them but... man, that red isn't even moderately close to accurate, to either the CG model or the physical prop suit :slap

View attachment 356081

Actually come to think of it... I think I do kinda like them better with the bases switched...

Haha actually yes that really does look good! The Mark 3 really can look excellent as long as it's not museum posed. Great job :)

View attachment 356081

Awesome shot! I'm in the camp of the height not bothering me. It's all a matter of how you pose them. I understand where those are coming from who don't feel the same, but it just doesn't bother me any.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Looks like a good figure to me based on the official images. Looks like a new sculpt; I was really wanting to get the die-cast mark 3, but based on reviews and the lack of torso articulation, it seemed like a let down to me. Based on one of the pictures, it looks like it'll have at least a diaphragm joint.

I have the DC MKIII and Stealth but for some reason not sure on this one. I have have the unleashed version and i love the level of detail on it. They actually painted different color wiring on parts instead of just leaving all one color, you can see the wire strands on the arc reactor, it has 3 HS and it's just a really well done piece.
This has improved articulation, a little heavier, is a 1/4 inch taller but that's about it. I will proably PO it and hope that the paint looks like it did on screen, if not i wil cancel.
If i do get it it will be my 35th HT Iron Man in the collection and i'm sure that number will increase before this is in hand :lol

Ya, but to be fair, when Rhodey flies the suit to the Air Force base in IM2, the suit looks a lot more like the colour on the new figure...

Also, when Tony suited up, the suit was pristine and under interior lighting. When Rhodes lands, it's outdoor, as already stated, and it had just gone through its first battle. It took some damage, collected some dirt and smudging, and wasn't the same pristine suit he stepped into.
Ryan

:slap

Hopefully HTs gets that right before release. That paint is perfect.

I'm betting it's the exact same height and that the specs on Sideshow isn't accurate.

It's the exact same mold but they just did a cut along the chest and added a small joint under there to allow the upper chest to move. Visually all the panel lines and proportions match with the Diecast Mark 3. I don't see how the chest could have given it some kind of height without them changing the proportions on everything else.

The specs I saw weren't from the Sideshow site, they were from the Hot Toys hong kong website, so I think it should be accurate.

For me, the height isn't about how the figure scales with with fandom or other supposed specs about how tall Iron Man should be. It's more about figure-to-figure comparison. The DC Mark 3 vs the newer DC figures... it almost looks like whoever is wearing the newer suit could never fit in the older one, or like it's a difference scale. Sure, that'll be more or less noticeable depending on posing, but the way my shelves are laid out, I would notice and have a hard time ignoring it. But in those previous posts, the 3 still looks great for what it is!

HT just went live on Instagram, they showed the Mark II. It looked pretty reflective in the video.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

HT just went live on Instagram, they showed the Mark II. It looked pretty reflective in the video.

I asked on the live chat if it was just a repaint of the Mk III...no response from the lady... :monkey4

I asked on the live chat if it was just a repaint of the Mk III...no response from the lady... :monkey4
Haha, yeah I didn't think she was actually going to answer any questions, even though she said we could ask.

Looks very different proportions compared to Mark III. Doesn't look like a midget.

I don't know, matching up the two as best I can, I'm not sure the legs really look any longer. I think it's just the whole thing being one color that makes it kinda look that way.

In fact even with the different torso the basic proportions look almost exactly the same to me. So not sure where this extra height is coming from.

ironmen (789x850).jpg

I know. That's what I was saying. I just cant see this being a completely different figure mould. It is the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back