Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Suit-Up Gantry with and w/o Mk IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need for repaint, you can try this fix out - should work on Mark III, IV and it did work perfectly on my Mark VI:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN7kxfaBlcw[/ame]

No need for repaint, you can try this fix out - should work on Mark III, IV and it did work perfectly on my Mark VI:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN7kxfaBlcw

xenom0rph, I have seen your tutorial before the only reason I haven't attempted is because I can't tell how much of a difference it actually has on the figure. The lighting is very bright in the video. Any chance you could snap a picture of how it looks like now? Also, how did you go about removing the legs?

Thanks man!

I wish someone here would spray paint my Mark IV pink panties to their original color. I messaged a few members, put on a topic, offer to pay for the service and the paint (which they could keep afterwards) but no luck... no takers. I just want my Mark IV back to its old glory.

Wouldn't the paint still fade over time because of the material HT uses?

The problem with Xenomorph technique is that the battle damage mark 3 got some damage paint job on the "pants", if u remove it with that technique, it will then not have the battle damage effects, but the original color plastic which I also heard is a bit darker.

xenom0rph, I have seen your tutorial before the only reason I haven't attempted is because I can't tell how much of a difference it actually has on the figure. The lighting is very bright in the video. Any chance you could snap a picture of how it looks like now? Also, how did you go about removing the legs?

Thanks man!

Here we go - unaltered daylight photos:

foto130812181531.jpg

foto130812181548.jpg

foto130812181603.jpg

foto130812181624.jpg

Here with iPhone Flash:
foto130812190434.jpg

foto130812190754.jpg

foto130812190840.jpg

foto130812190859.jpg

Legs: Just pull and don't be afraid. ;-) Should work nicely.

I just bought off a Mark IV from a fellow freak, he also got the panties fade. I'll try the described method also on the Mark IV then, will post pics.

In general i think: If you keep the figure anyways then why not to the mod? I don't know what impact the mod has on resell value...but personally I'd be more than happy with a modded mark IV or VI than getting one with faded panties.

For HT: They won't bother anymore, i think they have a 1-year guarantee on their figs...after that...no chance getting anything from them.

Cheers

Last edited:
I know a lot of members here have used SSC for any replacement issues (being that they're the main US distributor), but I don't know if they will still do it if you purchased your figure from a different retailer.

For HT: They won't bother anymore, i think they have a 1-year guarantee on their figs...after that...no chance getting anything from them.

Cheers

One year from the date of release, 30 days from the date of purchase.... 2nd criteria usually comes first (over-writes the first)... So it's a one month gurantee

One year from the date of release, 30 days from the date of purchase.... 2nd criteria usually comes first (over-writes the first)... So it's a one month gurantee

And they love to hide behind that one.

I had an issue with a figure once, emailed HT about the issue an since I didn't buy from an authorized dealer (ie SS, toys2) I was SOL. Utter garbage. Especially since this was within the 30 days of purchase.

Packaging on the Gantry with Mk.IV is exceptionally well done. Something that's usually overlooked but is a work of art, if you're into that stuff.

I finally broke down and bought this. I went with BBTS and I'm going to leave it in my POL for a little while. Through a few other silly things in there and get it later in the fall when no Hot Toys are shipping. That way no one realizes I bought it on now.. seeing as I just got a ton of HT recently, lol!

Haha, I can relate to this... I have 2 issues right now with mine 'with'. A) just bought a ton so this is taking up a bit of storage space and b) don't really have a good shelf for it right now either. I really want to unpack it but it's just not a good time

Haha, well I like to think I'm spacing things out a bit. I'd try to explain the Gantry and then Iron Monger to my wife at the same time that at different times. I can only take so much "more toys?" LOL. :)

Back