Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Suit-Up Gantry with and w/o Mk IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really not bad. RTFM, loosen up the joints first and you're good to go.
:lecture Very good advice. I posted the same thing a few pages back as well.

Loosen those joints first, that is, put it through its range of motion. THEN, build it together.
It makes posing a little easier and less likely to crack on you.

I just got my MK.IV + Gantry today (I missed out on the original release to the Mk.IV, and I'm splitting the set with a fellow member here who'll take the Gantry + Dummy). Got it from Urban Samurai Hobbies. Ahead of time too; the tracking estimated it to arrive on the 13th.

Opened him up for a brief moment here at the office, and noticed that the RDJ head is REALLY loose on the neck. Completely floppy. Everything else is nice and tight so far, though.

Last edited:
I just got my MK.IV + Gantry today (I missed out on the original release to the Mk.IV, and I'm splitting the set with a fellow member here who'll take the Gantry + Dummy). Got it from Urban Samurai Hobbies. Ahead of time too; the tracking estimated it to arrive on the 13th.
:hi5:

Opened him up for a brief moment here at the office, and noticed that the RDJ head is REALLY loose on the neck. Completely floppy. Everything else is nice and tight so far, though.

Should try the super glue trick. A drop of super glue then work it until it dries, usually takes a few coats but it really helps to tighten ball joints. Just don't forget to keep to moving it until the glue dries otherwise you'll have a pretty humorous posed head. :lol

A better trick and one that will not do any damage to the parts is to cut out a small strip of paper(Maybe 3mm thick), and wind it around a bit to give the neck a bit of thickness.
Then it will be slightly tighter and will grip better.
The added bonus is no superglue damage!
:)

Mine will be here Next thursday cant wait. I just came back from universal studios and the comic book store tfaw had it on display. It only took me 1 min to decide I had to have it. Damn you ups.

Mine will be here Next thursday cant wait. I just came back from universal studios and the comic book store tfaw had it on display. It only took me 1 min to decide I had to have it. Damn you ups.

Which Universal did you go to? Hollywood? Orlando?
Did they add an extra 40-50% of what you could get on-line?

Which Universal did you go to? Hollywood? Orlando?
Did they add an extra 40-50% of what you could get on-line?
I'm guessing he went to the Hollywood one; TFAW has locations in California but not in Florida.... which turns out to be bad news for me, as I'll be heading to Florida around the Universal Studios area in 2 weeks...

My UK supplier has just emailed me to let me know that my order is on its way to him, after clearing customs here in the UK. Final payment of £200 and he will be mine! :yess:

I get on quite well with my supplier so I will pick it up from his house! :yess::yess:

They all will sooner or later unless you keep them out of UV light.
It's just a by product of making the groin area out of coloured rubber rather than moulded plastic.

Oh that's bad , I thought HT would have tried to solve the issue for a re-release of the Mark IV. :slap

FWIW, you can pickup rolls of UV block window film at Home Depot for relatively cheap. I just tinted all of my windows in my display room. Stays cooler and blocks the UV. There are several different kinds to choose from.

Made me feel better about the whole thing. Near as I can tell, it's effective as my MK III still hasn't faded. :wink1:

FWIW, you can pickup rolls of UV block window film at Home Depot for relatively cheap. I just tinted all of my windows in my display room. Stays cooler and blocks the UV. There are several different kinds to choose from.

Made me feel better about the whole thing. Near as I can tell, it's effective as my MK III still hasn't faded. :wink1:

Too late unfortunately.....the 'panties has pinked' :panic:

I wish someone here would spray paint my Mark IV pink panties to their original color. I messaged a few members, put on a topic, offer to pay for the service and the paint (which they could keep afterwards) but no luck... no takers. I just want my Mark IV back to its old glory.

Back