Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Suit-Up Gantry with and w/o Mk IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are different types of Collectors. Some are mint in box types. As long as they enjoy what they do, what does it matter what anybody else thinks.

Only thats proving it's bad when it comes to Hot Toys. When you find out you've taken the figure out and the rubber is oiling up or perishing. Hello Comedian.

It's not that MIB is it...

I'm more than a little nervous Hot Toys QC is going to botch this up amazingly.

Mk6 apparently had many issues and this is waaaaay more complicated with over 80 articulation points and a million little pieces.

I'm more than a little nervous Hot Toys QC is going to botch this up amazingly.

Mk6 apparently had many issues and this is waaaaay more complicated with over 80 articulation points and a million little pieces.

Other than the chest plate, what other issues did the Mk VI have? I don't have any issues with my Mk VI.

I've decided to get the pre-order on the non-Mk IV version at BBTS. If it turns out to have a lot of QC problems, I'll just cancel, because as we all know BBTS gets theirs in last. Still, this will be an amazing center to an IM collection, and I'm a sucker for anything HT Iron Man at this point.

"apparently" means he's never owned the figure :exactly:

The only "issue" my Mk 6 has is one of total, off-the-hook awesomeness. :dunno

/others mileage may vary . . .
//don't buy initial production runs--wait & let the bugs get worked out!

Exactly.

And this gantry is so off the hook it's not funny.

$50. SSC PO is locked in.

Other than the chest plate, what other issues did the Mk VI have? I don't have any issues with my Mk VI.

I've decided to get the pre-order on the non-Mk IV version at BBTS. If it turns out to have a lot of QC problems, I'll just cancel, because as we all know BBTS gets theirs in last. Still, this will be an amazing center to an IM collection, and I'm a sucker for anything HT Iron Man at this point.
Actually, the Mark VI thread was chock full of QC problems & I'm a huge HT IM fan.

Like you mentioned the chest plate was a big one that a lot of people experienced, as well as a majority of them missing shoulder grommets as well as paints scratches, rubs and damage. At one point in that thread when people were getting them in hand not a single person got a defect free figure and that went on for quite awhile. Someone composed a QC issue list in that thread b/c of all the different problems collector's experienced, but the ones I mentioned were the most common. I actually feel lucky I got a defect free Mark vi b/c it seemed 90% of them had some issues. :monkey3

Just made my PO on this one (w/o Mark IV) a few hours ago! :yess:

This dio will really look great next to my Mech Test Tony & Mark II AUV; gonna build Tony lab w/ these! :wink1:

Just made my PO on this one (w/o Mark IV) a few hours ago! :yess:

This dio will really look great next to my Mech Test Tony & Mark II AUV; gonna build Tony lab w/ these! :wink1:

Congrats, sounds like a killer display. Anyone looking for a Mark IV only and want to split the cost? :lol

Actually, the Mark VI thread was chock full of QC problems & I'm a huge HT IM fan.

Like you mentioned the chest plate was a big one that a lot of people experienced, as well as a majority of them missing shoulder grommets as well as paints scratches, rubs and damage. At one point in that thread when people were getting them in hand not a single person got a defect free figure and that went on for quite awhile. Someone composed a QC issue list in that thread b/c of all the different problems collector's experienced, but the ones I mentioned were the most common. I actually feel lucky I got a defect free Mark vi b/c it seemed 90% of them had some issues. :monkey3

You know, it figures. I read your post, go to check my Mk VI again, and the damn hand guard breaks off...:( I should've left it alone.

Thinking of changing my PO to the one with the Mk IV, so I can have one in the gantry and another with the doughnut and shades.

You know, it figures. I read your post, go to check my Mk VI again, and the damn hand guard breaks off...:( I should've left it alone.

Thinking of changing my PO to the one with the Mk IV, so I can have one in the gantry and another with the doughnut and shades.

:monkey1 That's some voodoo type action right there :monkey1

If you can afford the double Mark Iv's then go for it! :rock

"apparently" means he's never owned the figure :exactly:

The only "issue" my Mk 6 has is one of total, off-the-hook awesomeness. :dunno

/others mileage may vary . . .
//don't buy initial production runs--wait & let the bugs get worked out!

Are you saying 'exactly' to yourself? :)
Yes, I haven't owned, that's why I used 'apparently'. Because its based on what I read in the mk.6 thread here. I want to buy one but am very wary.

yes this is what I read.
Others also mentioned light up features not working (even a case of batteries exploding!?!), completely missing battle damaged parts, faded paint on the rubber crotch, and a few other defects as well...

Shipping out my Mark IV tomorrow. I settled for $260 on mine. Can't wait to get my Gantry next year!!! In the end I will pay around $180 for the Gantry and that seems like a STEAL to me.

I've just ordered mine with the MK IV :yess: Now it's just the long wait until he ships. :(

2011-07-307.jpg

https://figuremaniac.blogspot.com/2011/07/hot-toys-13th-acghk-2011-part-6-iron.html

Is it worth it to buy it?
I want to buy it tho

Hey Jay
Where did u order it? Can u pm me pls, thx

Worth it? I guess that is relative. You are paying $500 for a doll. That doesn't help you pay rent, but it will look cool. I ordered mine from my LCS Comics Conspiracy. I expect I will pay around $440 out the door on mine.

@Grimlock
haha....make sense, for a doll, but we enjoy looking at it
I guess I would order mine too
also looking to order mark II unleashed version

It's crazy because BBTS' stock of the Gantry without Mk.IV went from 226 last Saturday down to 21 (Saturday, 8/6/11) as I post this.

Like it or hate it, people are buying this up.

Back