1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - GOTG Vol. 2 - Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll get her for the IW lineup, but they really could've done better with the skin tone and eyes. I wish it had her orange yellow eye shadow.

Also, it doesn't bother me but I found it amusing Gamora has the same outfit between Vol. 2 and IW. Even Quill changed his shirt and pants.

I like this more than v1 but still not enough, think I’ll gamble on liking the vol 3 version more. Will likely do the same for Drax unless they improve more than the pants color.

Pass. Not enough of an upgrade to warrant a $50 price hike for essentially the same figure (broken elbow joints or no). Besides, I like the look of the original GOTG crew anyway.

I’d buy just the baby Groot from someone if anyone wants to part with it. I wish Hot Toys wouldn’t have upped the prices on seemingly any new Marvel figure. At $251 Gamora isn’t worth it to me. Kinda wish they’d go back to the regular/deluxe model if anything. Give a more basic option for less or the full package for a bit more.

vs2 vs v1 gamora.jpg

You must choose...

The first version looks great, but I'd give Vol2 a slight edge just because the coat and extra layers she's wearing make it seem like less of a barebones figure somehow.

I think the outfit on the first is slightly better but think the new figure overall looks better personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vol. 2 for me, hands down. While a new headsculpt would have gone a long way I much prefer the outfit and hair of the 2nd iteration.

I definitely like her Vol. 2/IW outfit a lot more. The Vol. 1 figure outfit is something she wears before a lot of her character development happens.

The coat gives her a definite Aeryn Sun vibe. Fitting, since Star-Lord has a lot of John Crichton in him. I skipped the last Gamora because I was worried about the arms, but I'll grab this one.

Back