HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Yeah i just ordered a custom cape myself. The stock cape is too fluffy around the shoulders and does not have a good drape at all. I ordered this one below...

https://imgur.com/gallery/W4hgr

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk Capture.JPG

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Stock cape is just a little stiff and doesn't drape particularly well. Looks fine with a bit of futzing.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yeah, definitely agree that this figure needs the custom cape. It's not that expensive either.

Not at all. As nice as Tony Meis cape is $57 is a bit much.
I paid $20 for mine.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Paid $20 for mine as well and it looks great and drapes really well.

77b88da56d6ab24cfcb71d9a40d4c0e5.jpg

Just received my ryon cape from lforigno51, love it!

Turns out Tony Mei does still make DX12 capes... So really it's a question of whether the Rayon is on par.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I found the Rayon cape but not the lforigno. Turns out Tony Mei does still make DX12 capes... So really it's a question of whether the Rayon is on par.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
You sure?? I'm looking at his listing right now....n yes Tony still makes capes. I hit him up on FB but $57 bucks yikes

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

How are Tony's capes installed? Does he put the tabs on them that the stock cape has?

I too bought the lforigno cape. Its a good looking cape but I'm hoping I can have Tony make me an updated cape though.

Edit.

Tony's capes are pricey but excellent quality. I have his cape on my armory Batman. The edges are sealed and it has tabs for inserting on the suit.

Tony's capes are pricey but excellent quality. I have his cape on my armory Batman. The edges are sealed and it has tabs for inserting on the suit.
Thanks for the info. I'll have to decide what length I want. I'm thinking long.

Edit.

Popped on the Toyfair head I bought alongside the figure. It's not perfect (takes some fussing to avoid fleshtone showing from under the collar) and the gap between the head and neck is a little unsightly, but it's a good look. The sculpt is solid for something from 2011.

The stock cape, I've found, can be forced into a halfway decent drape, with a lot of careful effort. I'll probably go the Tony Mei route sooner or later.

bat1.jpg
bat2.jpg
bat3.jpg

Back