HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

With all of the recent reissues and diecast figures of Hot Toys Iron Man, anyone think that Hot Toys will make a new TDK Batman?:dunno

I highly doubt you will see one anytime soon.

It's pretty clear that Hot Toys' focus is almost entirely on new releases at this point, with a higher emphasis on Disney products (Star Wars and Marvel). WB products aren't getting much airtime from Hot Toys (I suspect manipulation from Disney plays some part in this, though Star Wars does sell better than any other franchise), and when they do, they tend to be the newer stuff (Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, etc.).

No doubt this is partly because they feel newer stuff will sell better (due to synergy in the market with other new-release collectibles) and partly because WB wants it this way - remember, WB is trying to promote its "Extended Universe", so want as much visibility on that as possible - especially given that it hasn't been received as well as they'd hoped. This incentivizes them to NOT promote products that show off how much better (in terms of quality and/or reception, take your pick) previous eras of WB and Batman have been.

Bottom line - don't expect to see much Nolan or older Batman stuff anytime soon. Things have been trending that way for a few years now, with no indication of any looming change.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Probably not, but I could see a Ledger Joker happening because they luv him.

It's not like the reissued Iron Men are from a different cinematic universe that would step on the toes of Marvel advertising the current MCU.

Probably not, but I could see a Ledger Joker happening because they luv him.

It's not like the reissued Iron Men are from a different cinematic universe that would step on the toes of Marvel advertising the current MCU.

Yeah, but you gotta understand that Iron Man is one of the, if not the most popular US characters in the Asian market. So many different armors and they constantly sell very well overall. There are plenty of people here in these forums excited right now about the diecast MK5.

Iron Man seems to be a majority of what I see in the after market,EBay,gumtree,not to say it's not popular but collectors get bored with it quick,can't keep up,or see the next shiny model and have to sell the previous to get the new,no point even poking them,you can always get them cheaper in the after market.
To stay on track though,I can't see HT doing another Bale Bats,but with the 10th anniversary of TDK coming,I would love to see a new Joker with rooted hair,new sculpt,hell make it 2 new sculpts!! And a man can dream but a 1/4 Ledger Joker.............that would be cool

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

Poking?!.....I meant po'ing

For the 10th anniversary of TDK, I could see HT potentially doing a version of Batman in the suit with the cowl from the beginning of the film. I think TDK Armory set is still too recent for them to redo another TDK Batman in the tactical suit so soon.

For the 10th anniversary of TDK, I could see HT potentially doing a version of Batman in the suit with the cowl from the beginning of the film. I think TDK Armory set is still too recent for them to redo another TDK Batman in the tactical suit so soon.

It would be kool if they made an updated BB figure and bundled it with the closet.

tumblr_lq3l9q2g3N1qi95ueo1_500.gif

Heck, it would be great if they threw in the Nightmare head so we could have two figures in one.

begins304.jpg

...And a robed Bruce Wayne figure to pose opening the armory. Maybe even recycle the Alfred from the last armory or make a brand new Lucius Fox figure.

Last edited:

A new BB suit is the only thing really desperately needed from the Nolan films.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

A new BB suit would be an instant purchase. I actually prefer it to the TDK suit. Just gotta wait and see, I'm hoping they have a figure or two planned for next year.

A new BB suit would be an instant purchase. I actually prefer it to the TDK suit. Just gotta wait and see, I'm hoping they have a figure or two planned for next year.

Yeah, it fits in better with the other cinematic Batman costumes.

Does anyone know if the Toyfair Bruce Wayne head fits on the dx12/armory body? I'm looking at purchasing a loose armory body and TF head.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the Toyfair Bruce Wayne head fits on the dx12/armory body? I'm looking at purchasing a loose armory body and TF head.

I think the neck might be slightly different, but that's only judging from pics I've seen online.

Last edited:

I think the neck might be slightly different, but that's only judging from pics I've seen online.
Yeah, I've seen the same thing. However, someone I'm the armory thread did it--I PMed him to ask if it requires modding. Hopefully I get a reply.

I picked up the armory version of Kijiji. Got a good price, and it looks like the original owner barely even touched this figure. It's in fantastic shape.

Gotta say, I was a little worried about all the little niggles people have regarding the DX12/Armory Batman, but I love it. The stock cape is problematixcand I may look to replace it, but I'm super happy I was finally able to get one of these. He'll look great beside my '92 Keaton.

batman.jpg

Since I don't have the PERS tool for the figure, does anyone have any suggestions on how I might roll the eyes?

Since I don't have the PERS tool for the figure, does anyone have any suggestions on how I might roll the eyes?
I just use my finger,there's enough room

Congrats on the acquisition, Santv1. :clap

If there was one thing that is obligatory with this figure, I'd say it's definitely the cape. Some people have no issues with the stock one, but the overwhelming majority feel it's way too big and long and just really has no natural drape to it. It comes down to your preference of course, but a custom cape on this really makes a vast difference. I started out with the stock cape, bought a custom, gave the stock one one more shot, then ultimately decided the custom cape was the one to go with.

I was admiring the heck out of my DX12 earlier. Changed the pose on it to the pose from TDKR when he met Bane face to face for their final fight. "No, I came back to stop you."

Back