HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I got the same thing fresh out the box. Looked like the plastic rubbed off the texture the cowl 😡

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Shame. I can see now why they wrapped the cowls in plastic or covered it with foam cushioning.

im intersted in usig the airbrush, but i would have to buy that and all those compounds... mmm
one guy on the modifications forum sugested me krylon camuflage paint for plastic...

Last edited:

Remove the PERs joystick. You'll be able to move the eyes separately using tweezers.
It's a pain to get both of them right, but it's something.

yeah, I did that already. Just knowing my figure's broken frustrates me though since I like my figures in mint condition. A new DX12 head is cost $100 on ebay, arghhh. I hate PERS now lol.

If anyone wants to sell this at a decent price in preparation for the armoury set please PM me. :duff

I've been retired for a while, and this looks even worst. Sorry for those who love it..

Merry christmas

Eddard-Stark-Lord-Snow-3_zpsa6996e8e.jpg

After doing a couple mods, I have no intention in selling it to get the new armory set. I don't see any major improvements and id just do the mods over again. All I really want is new eyelids and smaller shoulder pads
sa8e7adu.jpg
nesuzydu.jpg
uha3aqet.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know how easy it is to pop off the nameplates on Batman and Bane's stands and switch them? I know they're glued, but I'm worried about bending them.

I don't think they're glued on too well, I have seen people's be off when opening the box...

I would just try taking a hairdryer to them and try to loosen the little bit of glue underneath... and then take a small chisel or tiny flathead screwdriver and slide it under as you heat it up.

M.

Great picture! The cape length is brilliant and the cowl looks good too. I think that Faceplate from the DX12 is the only useable one.

DX12 1 by computer_blue182, on Flickr

I'm excited about possibly getting a second DX12 with the armory set. I may actually decide to do some mods on this guy; I was too afraid to do any since it was my first Hot Toys figure

I'm also hopeful it'll see some minor tweaks between now and final release, but I'm kind of doubtful they'd put much work into a figure they're simply re-releasing.

Great picture! The cape length is brilliant and the cowl looks good too. I think that Faceplate from the DX12 is the only useable one.

Gee thanks! I was originally thinking of trimming the cape a little more. It's nice to get some feedback from the pros!
I agree about the faceplate. I always try the others on, but I always just end up with this one.
The other two are simply hilarious. :lol

Did you do any mods to him? He looks very sleek and slender, in a good way. Nice pose

Thanks! I only painted the eyelids and changed the cape. :D I bought some thin spandex cloth and cut myself a cape. :lol

Batman's cape really makes a big difference, and I'm glad the material I got hangs perfectly without futzing.
I literally just plopped him on that table and took a pic. :lol (He was already in that pose beforehand.)

I've just got mine out after nine months in storage and can't believe how stiff the shoulders are in a forwards/backward motion, in fact, I can't even move them without fear of breaking them. Are they all like this? If so, whats the best way to loosen them up please? The Pins fell out the pers as well so I'm having one of those days with this figure...

I've just got mine out after nine months in storage and can't believe how stiff the shoulders are in a forwards/backward motion, in fact, I can't even move them without fear of breaking them. Are they all like this? If so, whats the best way to loosen them up please? The Pins fell out the pers as well so I'm having one of those days with this figure...

Yea, I just got finished futzing with mine and realized I've never moved the should up so I tried, and it was pretty stiff. I just felt the shoulder joint and pushed slowly. And really? I always wanted to take out the pers but never saw the pins

Yea, I just got finished futzing with mine and realized I've never moved the should up so I tried, and it was pretty stiff. I just felt the shoulder joint and pushed slowly. And really? I always wanted to take out the pers but never saw the pins

Yeah, they're tiny metal rods that hold the joystick to the eye sticks, I'm thinking them being metal, the magnet may have loosened them. Saying that, the eyes are still in and are stiff, so the plates doing its job. I can get the shoulders up and down, its the front to back rotation that just won't budge. I've just checked my DX11 and skywalker and they all suffer the same stiffness - I've unintentionally posed them with all arms coming slightly sideways out from the body and then a bend out the elbow (not Iron Man though, gotta have them repulsors comin 'atcha...)

I would advise you to wait a few months. Its possible more people will put their DX12 for sale when picking up the armory, hopefully that will lower the price.

Agreed. People asking the prices they are for the DX12 right now are kidding themselves. Might as well go for the Batman + armory for what they are asking.

Just hold off a bit. The jokes on these guys now.

Back