HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Wow. Seems I need to repeat myself. I don't hate the '89 batman. It was GOOD FOR IT'S TIME. I'm just just won't work for today's audience. And I wasn't bashing, someone asked what I thought were goofy in the movie.

If both movies were released today, which would do better? Hm? Everyone would laugh hysterically at '89.

Lol at the wall of text difabio. You didn't even realize, I wasn't even comparing it to nolan's. I was comparing it to today's movies

Last edited:
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Of course it's good for it's time, what isn't? The notion of "if it were made today, it'd suck" is a ridiculous statement to make. It wouldn't be the same thing we're discussing if it was so it's a moot point. It was made 25 years ago at a specific time with a specific cast and crew with different circumstances. It can't be replicated, not as it is.

I actually saw it recently in theaters when it was rereleased by AMC in June. The theater was packed, a full house and everyone was loving it. Cheering at the title credits, laughing at the Joker scenes like his Smylex commercial, quoting lines and wooing for the Batmobile or when it pans up at the end when Batman is looking on at the signal.

So what does that say? Or was it fake and forced enthusiasm?

Maybe if people looked at them for what they are in the context of when they were made (every thing is "of their time"), we wouldn't be having this argument. Modernity isn't always "better".

Now if all there was in Batman were 80s looking people and Prince songs galore, I'd agree with you. But that timeless 1930s/1940s look they went with in the city, with the art direction, with the vehicles, with the interior sets of the publishing building of the Gotham Globe, citizens in trenches and fedoras, MAKE it timeless.

Spot on.

C.S. Lewis coined the term "Chronological snobbery" and it applies well here. It describes the "erroneous argument that the thinking, art, or science of an earlier time is inherently inferior to that of the present, simply by virtue of its temporal priority."

Thanks God we have Difabio here to do all the talking I'm too lazy to do. :lol

Wow. Seems I need to repeat myself. I don't hate the '89 batman. It was GOOD FOR IT'S TIME. I'm just just won't work for today's audience. And I wasn't bashing, someone asked what I thought were goofy in the movie.

If both movies were released today, which would do better? Hm? Everyone would laugh hysterically at '89.
Lol at the wall of text difabio. You didn't even realize, I wasn't even comparing it to nolan's. I was comparing it to today's movies

I really do think this is in your own head. You want it to be so you believe it. Laughing hysterically? :lol

Come on.

I hated Burton's Batman when it came out in 89 because I didn't think his sensibility was a good match for Batman but it wouldn't cross my mind to call it a bad film.
As a long time Batman reader it just wasn't my Batman, nothing against Burton or all the folks who like the film.
Burton, Nolan it's a matter of taste.
Schumacher however really stank up the franchise.

I really do think this is in your own head. You want it to be so you believe it. Laughing hysterically? :lol

Come on.

You couldn't even answer my simple question huh? :lol

And some people here agree with me, obviously not the die hard nostalgia fanboys like you. Who couldn't accept the simple fact that the film would flop for today's standards.

Of course it's good for it's time, what isn't? The notion of "if it were made today, it'd suck" is a ridiculous statement to make. It wouldn't be the same thing we're discussing if it was so it's a moot point. It was made 25 years ago at a specific time with a specific cast and crew with different circumstances. It can't be replicated, not as it is.

I actually saw it recently in theaters when it was rereleased by AMC in June. The theater was packed, a full house and everyone was loving it. Cheering at the title credits, laughing at the Joker scenes like his Smylex commercial, quoting lines and wooing for the Batmobile or when it pans up at the end when Batman is looking on at the signal.

So what does that say? Or was it fake and forced enthusiasm?
Like I said. IT WAS GOOD FOR IT'S TIME. It wasn't released recently wasn't it? It got applauded because of what it WAS. Even I think it WAS good. Just not a "today" movie.

Man, feels like the 9000000th time I've said this.

:lol

I can't imagine a theater full of people cheering and laughing for a movie they thought WAS good rather than IS good. Think about how ridiculous you sound.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I can't imagine a theater full of people cheering and LAUGHING for a movie they thought WAS good rather than IS good. Think about how ridiculous you sound.

Yep.

But Srsly. They were cheering because they know it was released in '89. If it were released today, their reaction would be much different and that IT WAS GOOD FOR IT'S TIME(for the 9000001th time).

delete triple post

I can't imagine a theater full of people cheering and LAUGHING for a movie they thought WAS good rather than IS good. Think about how ridiculous you sound.

Yep.

But Srsly. They were cheering because they know it was released in '89. If it were released for the first time today, their reaction would be much different

and IT WAS GOOD FOR IT'S TIME(for the 9000001th time).

Last edited:

People were laughing hysterically at the TDKR premiere I went to. It sucked that bad.

And last I checked, that thing was made a year ago, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

People were laughing hysterically at the TDKR premiere I went to. It sucked that bad.

And yet it was generally critically acclaimed and remains one of the highsest grossing films. And yet again I need to repeat myself it seems...I wasn't even comparing it to TDKR, I'm judging the film on it's own, in current time.

If people were laughing "hysterically", that must have been the Batman & Robin movie, because I can't fathom anyone taking a story that dark and finding humor in it to laugh out loud (regardless of actor preference). That's just bizarre.

If people were laughing "hysterically", that must have been the Batman & Robin movie, because I can't fathom anyone taking a story that dark and finding humor in it to laugh out loud (regardless of actor preference). That's just bizarre.

franpincho must have went into the wrong cinema.

It was. Him talking to himself on that ridiculous voice, or people unable to understand a word Bane said. And yes, batman fighting in the middle of the day. People were really not digging it at all. Some were actually laughing.

THIS ISHNT A CAAARRRRRR

lol.

It was. Him talking to himself on that ridiculous voice, or people unable to understand a word Bane said. And yes, batman fighting in the middle of the day. People were really not digging it at all. Some were actually laughing.

THIS ISHNT A CAAARRRRRR

lol.

You're talking about scenes that were actually meant to be funny.

HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Spec...

Idk about that. The whole thing was a joke.

But then again, that's my opinion on the matter.
Lots of people might disagree, but I really don't care.

You saying that the Burton Batman movies were good for its time is not such a bad thing to say, as you are entitled to do so. To me, it stands the test of time just fine. One of the best superhero movies ever.

You have an opinion, and that's great. I just don't give a damn about it.

And you should expect this in a Batman board.

How old are you?

Last edited:
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Spec...

Idk about that. The whole thing was a joke.

Yep, that "This isn't a car" scene is supposed to be a joke. The same with "So, that's what that feels like"..

Well,guys.. Quoting Bruce Wayne:

"A guy who dress up like a bat, clearly has issues."

Well, some men who have an endless debate about a guy who dress up like a bat, clearly have more issues..

Back