HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I really don't like the Burton suits either, Kilmer and Clooneys suits were....yeah....

Really glad they fixed the lame stiff neck movement for Batman in the Dark Knight. I think I just liked the bat suit in Begins more though. The Dark Knight cowl with the Begins suit would have been perfect. Seems like it's the usual lets-****-on-Nolan cluster **** on here. Adieu.

batmanbegins2.jpg

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Hey guys... Pls dont pick on pixelpiper.. He has 20 years of forum scribing experience, infact, as far as batman goes in reallife he is batmans second cousin so pls dont mess up with him or the costume he likes.

I believe he blocked me long ago... But i can still see his scribes and my o my... Its like a pen high on a tequila!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The two movies are very much different in how they approached Batman.

Burton, in a much more artistic interpration.
Nolan, in a very realistic manner.
Which one you like better will come down to preference.
People may nitpick Burton's batman, but for something that was made way back in 89 and still compares well with something made today, I think it shows Burton's Brilliance.
Nolan is brilliant as well of course, but over 20 years from now, people will nitpick his movies to death as well.

Why does batman talk like he has throat cancer? How did Bane find out about Applied Science deparment when Wayne didnt even know until Lucius showed him?
Really?!!! you repair a protruding backbone by donkey punching it? etc...

Seems like it's the usual lets-****-on-Nolan cluster **** on here. Adieu.

And yet it started out as the exact opposite thanks to pixelpiper because all someone did was suggest that the DX 09 was a better figure than the DX 12. A better figure.

Then we get all this crap about "well, if it's nostalgia you want, go for it" (like nostalgia is the only reason any of that older stuff could be any good) and how the early Batman films are "camp", "cheese" and "unrealistic" in both costume appearance and in actual film tone.

Why are people even moaning? The film is 25 years old - it's not like it can now be changed.
It was right for its time.
Nolan bat suits are right for their time.
Leave it at that.

Hate the cowl-cape transition of the Burton suits. Reminds me of this.

images

I can only guess that Difabio and Maglor are being, at the very least, disingenuous with their positions. After all, why ignore what I write and instead assume something that I'm not saying?

The crux of the recent argument: I didn't say that Batman, the character, was whimsical, silly or campy in the Burton films. What I did say was that the movies, as a whole, were, including the two Burton didn't direct. Everything about each of those movies was over the top, and surreal. You can say they were somewhat dark, but what they had in color and circus-like theatrics far outshone anything gothic about them. Those are facts. I'm not arguing them. What I did was defend my own opinion of the costumes, like somehow I wasn't allowed to dislike them. Please don't try and turn this around now into something else.

If you do instead want to argue the merits of one movie over another (not what I've been attempting to do - AT ALL), then IMDB might be a better place for that.

Last edited:

Being 32 years old, I had my fair share of great memories of the Burton films. Not long ago I purchased all of the older films on Bluray and I was horrified on how much they sucked, besides Returns, that one still entertained me.

The Nolan trilogy is a masterpiece and a true depiction of who the Dark Knight is.

Seems to me anyone who thinks the older films suck now has that opinion having not watched them in many years. If you have continuously enjoyed them down through the years they are as good to you now as they ever were.

Seems to me anyone who thinks the older films suck has that opinion having not watched them in many years. If you have continuously enjoyed them down through the years they are as good to you now as they ever were.

Seems to me anyone who thinks the older films suck now has that opinion having not watched them in many years. If you have continuously enjoyed them down through the years they are as good to you now as they ever were.

This. :hi5:

PD: I love Nolan's trilogy too.

I would've said Nolan's trilogy was the best representation if they hadn't lost so much focus on the character at the end. Now I just relegate it to just another chapter of the many interpretations of the dark knight. Which I'll also probably do to Affleck's Batman considering that is nothing but a cash grab. Nolan's trilogy had potential to end the franchise because no one could top it but he fumbled at the end and you're kidding yourself if you don't think we're gonna get another Batman/Superman movie in like 10 years max because this one isn't going to cut it

"End the franchise" :lol

Kim basinger was ridiculously, and insanely hot in batman 89.

Im sure we all can agree on that.

Oh my god. Kim was always rediculously hot. I know am a married man but then, she really was oh so hot! ... Everything about her, hair, lips, .. Woop ti da! ... Amyways, wifey knows that so its ok :) ... I think to me the two best thing about batman 89 amd returns were - kim and michelle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

People aren't saying the movie sucked per se, just that is doesn't hold ground in the current movies scene. No matter how much the fans deny it, the '89 batman is goofy compared to present superhero films.

Being 32 years old, I had my fair share of great memories of the Burton films. Not long ago I purchased all of the older films on Bluray and I was horrified on how much they sucked, besides Returns, that one still entertained me.

The Nolan trilogy is a masterpiece and a true depiction of who the Dark Knight is.

LOL but 15 or more years ago we found the character quite amusing....:D

I dunno, towards the end there the Bale Batman got pretty damn goofy. I think the '89 Batman holds up on it's own feet.

The visual effects is of course, a different story with it's miniatures and matte paintings and all. Man, I really hope people don't do this to the original Robocop when that new one comes out. If I see any comments about how the original is "cheesy", "campy" or "goofy" compared to today I'll snap.

Last edited:

People aren't saying the movie sucked per se, just that is doesn't hold ground in the current movies scene. No matter how much the fans deny it, the '89 batman is goofy compared to present superhero films.

Meh. I'm sure it has moments but then a Burton movie would. Every superhero movie since has Batman 89 to thank for reviving the genre after Superman IV tanked it. It was exactly what it needed to be at the time and for many of us holds up just fine.

LOL but 15 or more years ago we found the character quite amusing....:D

That movie didn't age too well lol

There are a ton of great movies from the 80's that still hold their ground, unfortunately Batman isn't one of them. IMO of course.

Buuuut, I do think the 89 suit is badass and Keaton does make a good Batman, just not as good of a Bruce Wayne.

Back