HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Just dont buy it man. At that price its not worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

^^^ Yeah, I might be selling mine in the $300s, not worth it... :wink1:

There are some in the for sale section here for around $300, I think one is at $295. Anything more than $350 is too much imo.

For those of all you who bought it at the original price, arent u all happy now? Hahaha

That is ridiculous. BBTS is such a rip off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

That price is crazy.

It is, but you can bet that BBTS didn't just nab that one at their previous wholesale price. I have no idea what their markup is, but I doubt it's outrageous.

I have the DX02 neutral and open mouth pieces for sale if anyone wants them for their DX12.

^^^ mods are required yes? I tried fitting mine in but I don't think the DX02 mouths fit perfectly into the DX12.

Yeah, I've never tried it, but I've seen some do a little light sanding with a fingernail file to make them fit nicely.

BBTS has this back for $479.99....so glad i PO'd him straight away last year

I actually refuse to do business with stores and companies that flip. Which is what I consider that, flipping. I haven't bought a thing from them in years due to their practices.

I actually refuse to do business with stores and companies that flip. Which is what I consider that, flipping. I haven't bought a thing from them in years due to their practices.

BBTS is a serious business who treats their customers with respect.
They usually offer new HT products for less than SSC and their packing deserves an Olympic medal.
In other words they offer better conditions than most on new products, why would you blame them for doing what everyone else does once the product becomes rare?

Perhaps they purchased it from someone's collection for a higher aftermarket price and are selling it to make profit for their efforts?

Its different if they upped the price on something they've had in stock, but this DX has been sold out for a few months already.

Yeah, I think a lot of people are just trying to make their money back. It's how things get inflated I think. However, I think BBTS is trying to make some extra money off it. They probably paid a lot less for it than what they are asking. They are a huge business after all.

I thought this thread could use a little more EVIL BATMAN! It's my birthday today, so I got evil Batman a new toy. I think he likes it!

Have batman dual wield the sticky bomb gun and emp gun lol

Ok, I'll do that next time I take pictures. However, here's something I did before I came up with Evil Batman

Only thing missing is birds flying around in the background.

BBTS is a serious business who treats their customers with respect.
They usually offer new HT products for less than SSC and their packing deserves an Olympic medal.
In other words they offer better conditions than most on new products, why would you blame them for doing what everyone else does once the product becomes rare?

Then keep doing business with them. Stating my opinion doesn't mean you have to follow it. I wouldn't say this figure is "rare." There are a ton of them for sale on here and ebay. I can see them charging the going rate for this figure, but $150+ more? They are just hoping some fool comes along and is stupid enough to pay that.

For BBTS to charge the going rate, they would have had to buy it from someone selling it at a loss. Let's see, this figure cost $260-$280 new when it was in stock everywhere, after shipping - more if anyone had to pay customs charges. Let's say say someone sold it to BBTS for $320. Now they have to receive it, unpack it, verify everything, repack it if everything is perfect, then warehouse it - plus add it to their inventory system. So they're making $130 when they sell it, which is about 29% margin. That's good, but hardly highway robbery. I don't know what the margin is at Sideshow, but 30% is not astronomical by any means. And that's supposing they only paid $330. It's likely they paid more than that.

Then you look at all their current stock and how well it's priced. You look at how they treat their customers, their features, such as the ability to warehouse your orders for 6 months+ at no charge. Sure, have your opinion and make your purchasing decisions for your own reasons. But don't bad-mouth someone or their business or for their above-board and reputable business practices. I've ordered from BBTS and have been extremely happy every time - I'll continue to do so when it makes sense.

Back