HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I'd also like to know if that top one is stock, looks incredible

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I have to say, looking back at all the Batman figures that have released in the past year or so is kind of highlighting the flaws with this figure. Mainly the eyes/face plates. We've had the Keaton figure, Nicholson, SWAT Team Gordon, Bane and now the DX11 Joker which are all highly impressive figures with great likenesses. Put the DX12 next to any of them and it just doesn't hold up. I don't think it's awful by any means, but it could certainly be better. Makes me wish HT would just do a new head sculpt and sell that.

I think it holds up
T9wwIRB.jpg

The one that doesn't hold up is two-face imo

^ Is that stock? Aside from the stuffed arms?

Nope, at the very least, it's also got the glove mod and a custom painted Medi/MRM head.

Shortround, what camera do you use. I always love your shots (even when it's batmans midsection haha)

Nope, at the very least, it's also got the glove mod and a custom painted Medi/MRM head.

:exactly:
Original Medicom cowl, custom cape, and the arm and glove mod.

Shortround, what camera do you use. I always love your shots (even when it's batmans midsection haha)

Thanks man! It's a Canon Rebel T3i with a 55mm lens. :)

I only just noticed the bane and joker in the background too and the bat signal. From Arkham asylum/city. Haha.

Looks so sick J&B! I recommend stuffing the arms with cotton. One thing that always bothered me about the DX12. Should look nice and solid......like this......:monkey3

IMG_1296_zps2670e3db.jpg

:exactly: I cut the fat suit and stuffed my bat forearm with it. Looks more snug now.

Looks great. I see the mouth area has been repainted but how about the rest of the cowl? I can't tell with the light over it. I was going to use my Medi head but when I got the DX12 I saw that the colors don't match really.

Bruce is in the house. Box has some wear along one of the creases, but no crushed corners and no tears from my initial look.

Ok, I was wrong, one corner is slightly crushed. The cardboard mailing carton is, IMO, shlt and definitely not suitable for USPS, let alone UPS (barbarian) shipping. It's thick, but it's super soft low-quality corrugated. Hot Toys definitely went cheap on the outer box for this figure. A stiffer corrugated cardboard would prevent all the issues people are seeing with crushing and banged up edges of the gift box.

Opened it up, took out the figure and parts, had a look around. Nice, very nice. But I can plainly see why so many people are interested in modifying this product. In-hand it's easy enough to see where there's room for improvement. I like all the mouth sculpts, however, I agree with the folks that say in-hand they most definitely do not look like Christian Bale. It's easy enough to compare the mouth portion of the full Bale head sculpt to even the smirk (default) insert to see the lips are not right. It's acceptable for the most part however. I do wish the mouth pieces fit a little bit better because as it stands you can see a little bit of an unsightly edge where they meet the cowl. The illusion that the cowl overlaps the face is kind of lost because of it. However, it's not something most people will notice, especially if they don't hold it in their hands and move it around to look from different angles. Almost forgot... The ears on the Bruce Wayne head sculpt are way too small and not positioned correctly - it's not a Christian-Bale specific thing, it's just basic anatomy.

The instructions (on all these products) should really be presented at the top of the box, the first thing you see, not buried under everything else - literally the bottom-most thing in the package. The cape material is excellent.... For the outside layer of a full size 1:1 cape. :) At this scale however it's too stiff without enough weight to drape as has been pointed out numerous times by numerous people. A simple rayon cape would work much better and require much less futzing.

The instructions claim the legs can be spread to 120 degrees, but I haven't tried that yet. It feels like they'd have a very hard time getting even to 90 IMO. The skin-colored eyelids increase the realism but detract from the Batman ethos and probably lessen the cool/tough factor. While the figure is quite impressive in hand, I feel it's a lot more impressive in some of the great photography from other members here. I'm not terribly let down or anything like that, because I also did enough reading to temper my expectations. That said, apart from the facial sculpt, I was quite a bit more impressed with HT's DX05 Indy.

I'm definitely happy to have this Bats in my collection, so don't misconstrue that. ;)

Last edited:

It's about time you got it bro, congrat.

It's been sitting at my business mailbox since the 15th of March, the day after I was last there to collect mail, I just haven't had the opportunity to go back until today. ;)

Dx 12 standing next to my dx02. I'm done with any kind of mod to this figure, expeciialy taking a lot of my precious time. I have never modded any of my ht figure beside the dx12 and bane. Hopefully HT release a batman 2.0 or something. I feel like this isn't there last batman. Peace!

Sorry for poor iPhone cam. :)

Dx 12 standing next to my dx02. I'm done with any kind of mod to this figure, expeciialy taking a lot of my precious time. I have never modded any of my ht figure beside the dx12 and bane. Hopefully HT release a batman 2.0 or something. I feel like this isn't there last batman. Peace!

Sorry for poor iPhone cam. :)

I hope they revisit the begins suit. I don't count the toy fairs as a real release. I have it and I'm happy with it, but it's the exact same figure as the TDK MMS release with some extra niceties (bale head, harness). I would like to see them redo that from the ground up, but wouldn't be surprised if they just offer it at 1/4 scale.

Got one of these for sale, mint in box - unmodified with a set of spare hands and extra bombs & batarangs. £210 posted in the UK, international postage will be a little extra.

Back