HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

got it last week, it's freaking badass, say no to mods
62559_10151257951375423_601053878_n.jpg

awesome and yes!

: D

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

got it last week, it's freaking badass, say no to mods
62559_10151257951375423_601053878_n.jpg

Congrats. At least change the damn cape. Try Tony's custom cape. Makes the figure look a lot more badass. :clap

Oh and one more thing, Batman is and will always be right handed. :rotfl

Oh and one more thing, Batman is and will always be right handed. :rotfl

he's clearly just holding the emp in his left so that he can punch people with his right.

I own a few pairs of jeans that cost more than a Kato suit:nana:

Damn.

See I'm fairly modest I guess. Clothes, cars, gadgets I don't really care for. It takes me forever to throw an article of clothing away even if its full of holes. :lol Honestly, toys are the only thing I spend money on. Disposible income wise.

And books. Im a book worm.

I guess I should start reducing on friends so I could afford a Kato suit. :monkey2

And books. Im a book worm.

yeah, books have had to take a back seat for me lately with all these releases. it's a tragedy, really.

i used to think nothing of dropping $100 on some book that i fancied. now i think twice and three times.

damn you 1/6.

No, you can't say the same thing.

The R&D for CPUs costs millions upon millions. That's money spent on infrastructure, as well as money spent on HIGHLY skilled researchers, designers, and engineers, who spend many man-years worth of time on their labor, and who in turn are HIGHLY trained and educated (an education which doesn't come cheap).

Even if you don't account for the R&D, the production cost of processors isn't cheap. Sure, the actual material might only cost $10 or so, but it's put together using equipment and infrastructure in factories that themselves cost millions to build and run.

Your analogy completely falls apart when considering the actual numbers, and actually only serves to expose the ludicrousness of the prices involved.

Actually you're failing at understanding my analogy. Let's said we are talking about the current Intel processor family: Ivy Brigde (if I'm not failing at the name :lol). A low end Core i7 and a high end Extreme Core i7 has the exact same R&D, and the same manufacturing process. Only difference between them is one has more integrated transistors and a bigger amount of cache memory. That difference in materials isn't more than $5.. So how could you explain the price difference in this case? $150 vs $1000 ????....

Answer: "Performance for the costumer"...

The same goes for Kato's Armani. A $40 suit looks no better than a suit for Ken (from barbie) whereas Kato's looks lifelike...

But all you need is a Bruce Wayne head and a body. No one would put the Kato suit on over a DX12 Batman-suited body anyway (I hope).

Do you own a Kato suit?

I don't. But I will some day (hopefully this year) :lol

I don't consider myself a collector, I'm just a guy who buy figures when I really like them (based on pictures and video reviews). That's how it works for me.

Kato's suit came to the market at the same time as the Tumbler. So I went with the Tumbler, which was near $900 (yes, that's the Tumbler's final value, after shipping and taxes in South America). But I will buy a Kato's Armani, I just hope the suit still available when my wallet is able to afford it :lol

My guess would be no as he does not have the dx12 the suit was made for. He hates the figure from what I gather:dunno

the suit wasn't made for the dx12

My guess would be no as he does not have the dx12 the suit was made for. He hates the figure from what I gather:dunno

:lol where you got the Kato Armani suit was made for the DX12 Bruce Wayne head?

Kato made the suit based on Adam's Bruce Wayne head sculpt. I own that one.

Back