HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

That maybe true and I don't mean to crap on the product cause it really is a nice suit, the guys talented for sure. However nice the suit is its just about 10 grams of fabric, material wise its worth about 5-10 dollars tops. I realize the guy puts alot of time into making such a small item and that time and talent should be payed for, but there comes a point when things get ridiculus and this is it, at least for me.

From just briefly looking at the thread, like 20 people were interested but only 1 or 2 guys are actually gunna buy it. How is it worth paying about 700 bucks for a suit for a figure when the whole box set for the dx12 was 240 dollars. Thats like buying gold rims for a kia:dunno I don't know maybe its just me.

Well you could say the same thing about premium Intel processors which cost $1000+. The material they are build cost around $10. But what you pay is the final product which includes the R&D, manufacturing process, and materials.

In Kato's case, the R&D and manufacturing is what makes the whole difference, and IMO worths the price... As I said before, you'll not get another 1/6 suit as accurate and good looking as the one Kato made. Actually most of the suits I have seen looks ridiculous, not worth to display that way. In such case I'd get another batman's body and display the Bruce Wayne head as in TDK Hong Kong scene. Rather than make Bruce look like if he were no neck and drunk..

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

That maybe true and I don't mean to crap on the product cause it really is a nice suit, the guys talented for sure. However nice the suit is its just about 10 grams of fabric, material wise its worth about 5-10 dollars tops. I realize the guy puts alot of time into making such a small item and that time and talent should be payed for, but there comes a point when things get ridiculus and this is it, at least for me.

From just briefly looking at the thread, like 20 people were interested but only 1 or 2 guys are actually gunna buy it. How is it worth paying about 700 bucks for a suit for a figure when the whole box set for the dx12 was 240 dollars. Thats like buying gold rims for a kia:dunno I don't know maybe its just me.

Suit does look great for sure, But damn is right. I work to hard for my money to spend it like that, but to each there own.
Completely agree. The clothing Kato makes is nice and all but realistically I could never see myself spending that much on clothing for a 1/6th scale figure. I probably don't even spend that amount on clothing for myself in a year. My Wayne's suit isn't the fanciest out there but it works for me and only cost around $40.

Well you could say the same thing about premium Intel processors which cost $1000+. The material they are build cost around $10. But what you pay is the final product which includes the R&D, manufacturing process, and materials.

In Kato's case, the R&D and manufacturing is what makes the whole difference, and IMO worths the price... As I said before, you'll not get another 1/6 suit as accurate and good looking as the one Kato made. Actually most of the suits I have seen looks ridiculous, not worth to display that way. In such case I'd get another batman's body and display the Bruce Wayne head as in TDK Hong Kong scene. Rather than make Bruce look like if he were no neck and drunk..

Yeah I stated that the time and talent should be accounted for, but only to a certain degree, if theres a market for these suits then great, but from what I have seen theres really not, 2 or 3 people don't account for a market.

As for other suits looking ridiculous I don't agree, some maybe, the one I got on mine is ridiculous tbh, but I've got the asmus toys wayne suit on pre-order atm. I think most of them look fine, is katos suit better, yes no question. Nearly 700 dollars better, no sir thats more than the tumbler.

Completely agree. The clothing Kato makes is nice and all but realistically I could never see myself spending that much on clothing for a 1/6th scale figure. I probably don't even spend that amount on clothing for myself in a year. My Wayne's suit isn't the fanciest out there but it works for me and only cost around $40.

Were on the same page buddy:hi5:

How is it worth paying about 700 bucks for a suit for a figure when the whole box set for the dx12 was 240 dollars. Thats like buying gold rims for a kia:dunno I don't know maybe its just me.

Suit does look great for sure, But damn is right.

:lol:lol:lol

I work to hard for my money to spend it like that, but to each there own.

My sentiments exactly. Its easy to forget that this is a hobby that requires one to be balance
and sometimes one has to simply step back and assess it as such.

I concur. I myself don't even own a suit that cost that much, therefore I'm definitely not inclined to purchase one for a 12 inch
toy, even if it does look stunning.

Last edited:

That's it though isn't it? There isn't a lot of good 1/6 suits in general. So people go to Kato. But I'm not in the camp to spend that much on a 1/6 suit. Its funny, look at the big names that have a hefty post count and also aren't married or have kids that have Katos stuff. It's mostly single with no children dudes that have this stuff.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Here is my German Review! Most of u People cant understand what i´m saying but the pure Footage speaks for itself! Sorry for the bad Qually.
I do not own a good Camera :(

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN4jCMb0Ls4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN4jCMb0Ls4[/ame]

Its funny, look at the big names that have a hefty post count and also aren't married or have kids that have Katos stuff. It's mostly single with no children dudes that have this stuff.

And for some that will probably never change:lol but in all seriousness having a family and other familial
responsibilities and priorities does make a world of difference when it comes to having excess cash to blow.

I concur. I myself don't even own a suit that cost that much, therefore I'm definitely not inclined to purchase one for a 12 inch
toy, even if it does look stunning.
Not only that, I sometimes have a hard time justifying even throwing out $200 or more for a Hot Toys figure to begin with. These suits are great and I'm a young person with no wife or kids but I just couldn't see myself paying that much for one. If people want them and really have nothing better to do with their money then I guess that's up to them what they do. To me it just seems kind of silly.

Is this $h!t even for real, $700.00 for a 1:6 scale suit without shoes:ohbfrank: whos supposed to be buying this, Bruce Wayne himself:cuckoo:

:rotfl

Someone's new to Kato, huh?

Just wait for HT to make it for their Bruce Wayne using Kato's template just like the DX Joker 2.0

That was put up there on the first. Sideshow told me processing begins on the 20th when they get their shipment in.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Perfect, just put it on FlexPay, thanks for the info!

got it last week, it's freaking badass, say no to mods
62559_10151257951375423_601053878_n.jpg

Can't wait till I get my DX12 Batman & DX11 Joker.

I'm betting not 1 single person here on the forum owns a 700 dollar suit in real life 1:1 scale for themselves

I own a few pairs of oxfords that cost more than a kato suit....but I still think $700 on a suit for a doll is ridiculous.

Is this $h!t even for real, $700.00 for a 1:6 scale suit without shoes:ohbfrank: whos supposed to be buying this, Bruce Wayne himself:cuckoo:

Out of the mouths of babes...

It's true! The emperor has no clothes!

No, you can't say the same thing.

The R&D for CPUs costs millions upon millions. That's money spent on infrastructure, as well as money spent on HIGHLY skilled researchers, designers, and engineers, who spend many man-years worth of time on their labor, and who in turn are HIGHLY trained and educated (an education which doesn't come cheap).

Even if you don't account for the R&D, the production cost of processors isn't cheap. Sure, the actual material might only cost $10 or so, but it's put together using equipment and infrastructure in factories that themselves cost millions to build and run.

Your analogy completely falls apart when considering the actual numbers, and actually only serves to expose the ludicrousness of the prices involved.

My DX12 is up for delivery tomorrow from UPS. I now have a problem. The person who was going to take delivery for me has let me down and they won't be in tomorrow after all. I have to be in work all day. If I post a note on their door to deliver to my house instead, then leave another note saying please leave in garden shed, where I'll leave another note with my signature on it, do you think that will suffice? Otherwise I have an 80 mile round trip to collect it from the nearest UPS depot. :thud::gah:

My DX12 is up for delivery tomorrow from UPS. I now have a problem. The person who was going to take delivery for me has let me down and they won't be in tomorrow after all. I have to be in work all day. If I post a note on their door to deliver to my house instead, then leave another note saying please leave in garden shed, where I'll leave another note with my signature on it, do you think that will suffice? Otherwise I have an 80 mile round trip to collect it from the nearest UPS depot. :thud::gah:

I don't think the delivery guy will deliver it to a different house, no.

Consider calling UPS to reschedule delivery.

Also, in the future, have your stuff shipped to your workplace. That's what I do.

No, you can't say the same thing.

The R&D for CPUs costs millions upon millions. That's money spent on infrastructure, as well as money spent on HIGHLY skilled researchers, designers, and engineers, who spend many man-years worth of time on their labor, and who in turn are HIGHLY trained and educated (an education which doesn't come cheap).

Even if you don't account for the R&D, the production cost of processors isn't cheap. Sure, the actual material might only cost $10 or so, but it's put together using equipment and infrastructure in factories that themselves cost millions to build and run.

Your analogy completely falls apart when considering the actual numbers, and actually only serves to expose the ludicrousness of the prices involved.

QFT :lecture

Back