HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I think this head is fine but with the Wayne eyes mod, it's amazing. I prefer this to MRM's with the eye swap done

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

It would be nice to see someone offer what robbie has done for us with that mouthpiece only different expression similar to the 3 that came with this figure only done right.

I think it's the eyes that ruin the faceplates. Because when you scowl and bare teeth you squint your eyes, with this figure the eyes are always wide open

I originally posted this in the DX12 mod thread. I received Kai's empty cowl last week and attempted a custom using the original Headplay Bale sculpt, the results could be great in the right hands - sadly I don't have the skills to do it justice.

I think it's the eyes that ruin the faceplates. Because when you scowl and bare teeth you squint your eyes, with this figure the eyes are always wide open

It's the eyes that ruin this set in general.

I think it's the eyes that ruin the faceplates.

It's the eyes that ruin this set in general.

Exactly, this pic proves it.
SAM_3131_zpse71b1265-1_zps0ed0f4a11.jpg

I believe that faceplate has been shaved to sit deeper in the cowl but there is no denying the plate looks way better with the squint mod.

Hi Guys,

Was hoping to get some input from some of you on the issues I had with my DX12 when I received it a few days ago. I posted the list of issues here, but decided to upload some images (sorry about the poor quality pics, were taken with a phone).

I have already emailed Sideshow, although I'm not sure what my chances are of a replacement, or if I even want to go through the hassle of replacing the whole thing as I may end up with even worse problems on the replacement figure. Has anyone else experienced some of these issues, and do you think it warrants a replacement or am I just being too picky? Was wondering if Sideshow replaces parts only also.

The list of issues were:

paint around the eyes appears to be unfinished (specifically on left eye, shows a lot of flesh)
bruce wayne sculpt has 3 small paint chips on the hair. Looks like specs of white dust or dirt, except they don't rub off lol.
scowling faceplate has a small white dot near the corner of the mouth, and a small black dot on the other side in the chin area.
belt has a small paint scratch on the back.
groin armor is crooked.
armor on rear is misaligned. See pics for details.
Left shoulder plate feels loose. When I press on the right one it doesn't move, fits snug against the body, but the left one has a bit of movement when I push on it.
Box has a rip along the edge.
One of the mini mines was loose in the box.
EMP gun doesn't light up when I flicked the switch (could just be dud batteries though).

View attachment 57145

View attachment 57146

View attachment 57147

View attachment 57148

View attachment 57149

Yep. With the Wayne eye mod I love this. Would rather trade movable eyes for realism any day

Yeah it looks great with that mod, and can look great with all the other mods(about 20 of them:lol), but we shouldn't have to do all these mods on a £200 figure in in first place.

HT should get it right to begin with, and seeing how this is their third attempt at a TDK suit batman, there's no excuses.

Oh well.

I hate this figure so much... I saw every single picture posted on this thread and the only way it looks good is when heavily modded.. and even if some brave guy do something like cut the wayne head sculpt and then place the mouth and eyes to the cowl, then you have to face with the RIDICULOUS FLAT back of his head, and the extremly narrow shoulders wich are so wrong... The shoulder pads should be smaller but in a higher position :gah:

thedarkknightrises20121.jpg

That's why the DX12 always looks with fat legs.

And the batman headsculpt looks so stupid at stock, the same huge eyes that the DX02 has, but at least the DX02 does have some decent face plates, this one has the worst collection of face plates ever! All of them are derp.. :slap

And check the back of his head.. the cowl is so ridiculous that no 1/6 human being head could fit in there :slap

Some good things:

-Wayne head sculpt
-Details on the suit

Then dont get it and move on.
Do you ever NOT whine and complain?

I ordered the DX12 beginning of january was a pre-order of course i contacted the shop for an idea of when they would be getting them in & at that point it was still Q1 2013 i spoke to them over a week ago then it changed to 12th Feb i was gonna get the Pod from the same place but spotted that a shop in Germany had them coming in earlier than the UK so bought the pod from them as im in germany at the moment, ive had it a week now & the wait is worse seeing an empty Pod sitting waiting for bats its even more of a wait for bloody catwoman :slap

Ouch, well hopefully not too long now. I know what you mean though, I've had lforgino's cape, DX02 backpack and an empty cowl in my desk for the past 6 months! Such a pain :gah:

Then dont get it and move on.
Do you ever NOT whine and complain?

Is just I'm subscribed to this thread, and everytime I see a new batch of picture from someone who just got the figure I start to hate this figure because his derp-ridiculous-"flat back of his head" head sculpt... I just can't stand how ridiculous it looks...

And it has been a while since the last time I complain about this figure.. So don't tell me I didn't try :gah:

Is just I'm subscribed to this thread, and everytime I see a new batch of picture from someone who just got the figure I start to hate this figure because his derp-ridiculous-"flat back of his head" head sculpt... I just can't stand how ridiculous it looks...

And it has been a while since the last time I complain about this figure.. So don't tell me I didn't try :gah:

StopWhining.gif

Ouch, well hopefully not too long now. I know what you mean though, I've had lforgino's cape, DX02 backpack and an empty cowl in my desk for the past 6 months! Such a pain :gah:

I left it a bit late to order the DX12 so i was restricted in what shop i could order from as they had sold out already or the prices were creeping up to £300 & ive never paid that for a figure & never would.
I was very lucky with the Pod that it came in stock the day after i pre-ordered it :clap but also a pain as i knew it would be weeks before i had a figure to go with it.
The reason i tried not to get any of TDKR stuff when pre-orders first came out last year is coz it can become addictive & you tend to take for granted others things trying to buy all this stuff i was aware what had been announced already which would have cost a fortune to try get it all,
Then they teased us with the possibility of the 1/6 Bat & wow that would have cost an arm & a leg, so im glad they didnt go ahead with that.
So i made a deal with myself & of course the misses would agree :slap that i only buy the DX12 the Pod & Selina, Im not interested in bane or even the 2.0 Joker I may change my mind on bane but at the moment i aint excited about it, it just looks like any other basic figure to me & i didn't particularly like the character in the movie. I am tempted though to try get a DX02 Backpack & maybe the sonar head i wish they had included this in the DX12. i understand the sonar head could be pricey to include but come on HT the plastic backpack would have cost you nothing :gah:

Don't bother with the sonar head - it's too large for the dx12 (it wobbles around) and the neck to make it light up is like 1.5 times as long as the current neck.

And here's the rest of the pics. Really curious if anyone else had the same problems with their suit armor like I did.

View attachment 57150

View attachment 57151[/QUOTE

HT are starting to Piss me off lately & sometimes SS.
So i totally understand mate why your not happy here, I honestly cant remember when i was a kid in the late 70's & 80's ever getting action figures with defects or so many QC problems that were seeing recently & in those days they never cost ££££ :gah:

I have a theory :lecture It seems that HT are announcing something new pretty much every month now & all the promises from last year licenses & the 1/4 scale etc... god knows what else they have taken on that we don't yet know about,
I don't know how big there factory is or how many people work for them but they are taking too much on this is becoming clear now with all these problems, it seems to be every other release has QC issues or something is wrong or not had enough time worked on it for accuracy.

Yes that too,but i think the open mouth specially is a bit small to be Bale.I understand what expression HT is trying to capture but that one is pretty bad.Still,it would be pretty cool to see more custom faceplates because robbie's really helps.

Hi Guys,

Was hoping to get some input from some of you on the issues I had with my DX12 when I received it a few days ago. I posted the list of issues here, but decided to upload some images (sorry about the poor quality pics, were taken with a phone).

I have already emailed Sideshow, although I'm not sure what my chances are of a replacement, or if I even want to go through the hassle of replacing the whole thing as I may end up with even worse problems on the replacement figure. Has anyone else experienced some of these issues, and do you think it warrants a replacement or am I just being too picky? Was wondering if Sideshow replaces parts only also.

The list of issues were:

paint around the eyes appears to be unfinished (specifically on left eye, shows a lot of flesh)
bruce wayne sculpt has 3 small paint chips on the hair. Looks like specs of white dust or dirt, except they don't rub off lol.
scowling faceplate has a small white dot near the corner of the mouth, and a small black dot on the other side in the chin area.
belt has a small paint scratch on the back.
groin armor is crooked.
armor on rear is misaligned. See pics for details.
Left shoulder plate feels loose. When I press on the right one it doesn't move, fits snug against the body, but the left one has a bit of movement when I push on it.
Box has a rip along the edge.
One of the mini mines was loose in the box.
EMP gun doesn't light up when I flicked the switch (could just be dud batteries though).

View attachment 57145

View attachment 57146

View attachment 57147

View attachment 57148

View attachment 57149

I would still get a replacement. Looks like the list of problems you have is pretty extensive. I wouldn't settle for that. And it's a damn shame because I personally didn't have ANY QC issues with my DX12. Just reinforces my belief Hot Toys is getting these DX12's out as fast as possible to free up their other releases. I know some others had some QC issues with their DX12's too

I feel like I'm very particular about what I receive and what I spend my money on, but I really just don't see any reason to complain about this figure. It really looks great in hand especially right out of the box. I mean obviously the QC problems are different story (and are 9/10s solved by the seller) but for the slightly too high price at $240 you get the best looking nolan bats to date. I think this might just be a a case of "people are never happy" and "if you don't like it, don't spend your money on it and don't complain about it."

Back