HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

What's the problem?

Was in my first post. The groin armour is crooked. Not as noticeable in that pic, but you can notice it in hand. It was the first thing I noticed when looking at the body when taking it out of the box.

Also on the back, if you look at the space between the back armour and the side armour, the space on the left is much bigger than the space on the right.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Was in my first post. The groin armour is crooked. Not as noticeable in that pic, but you can notice it in hand. It was the first thing I noticed when looking at the body when taking it out of the box.

Also on the back, if you look at the space between the back armour and the side armour, the space on the left is much bigger than the space on the right.

I see it now, that looks bad.. On mine it isn't crooked, but the long elastic rubber part that attaches to the groin area from above isn't exactly in the middle, kinda like yours but not that far out on the side. I thought all DX12's were like that, correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, can you get a replacement?

They're pretty much all like that. But it varies. Yours isn't that bad.

Holy crap, I just checked the back of my DX12 and it's exactly like yours xpl0sive. :lol

It doesn't bother me that much since I wouldn't display him in way where you could see the back. With the cape on it doesn't really matter how the back looks like.

I bought mine about 3 months ago, it's from the first batch from Hong Kong. I have two more on pre-order from a local dealer. Will be interesting to see if they are the same.

Yeah i am wondering if HT knew of issues with the 1st batch of figures & other things from late last year & sorted it out, i know there was a lot of people not happy with the Pod when they received theirs in December/early january, The wonky wheel & some other issues, I got my Pod on the 20th january & it was 100% perfect no problems at all, So i am hoping when my DX12 comes in probably end of the month or Feb the little issues have been sorted out or at least they are not as bad.

I see it now, that looks bad.. On mine it isn't crooked, but the long elastic rubber part that attaches to the groin area from above isn't exactly in the middle, kinda like yours but not that far out on the side. I thought all DX12's were like that, correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, can you get a replacement?

Hey man, I don't think all DX12's were like that, as once I saw it I came on the forums and looked at other members' photos to see if they had the same problem, but most of em looked pretty straight. I did see some that looked a little crooked, but wasn't sure if it was just the photo so I thought I'd mention it here. As for replacement, not sure. I sent a request to Sideshow and now I gotta wait. Really don't want to go through the hassle of returning it as I live all the way in Australia, and I could end up with a figure with worse problems, but there's just too many things wrong with this figure for me to keep it, don't want it to affect resale value if I decide to part ways with it at some point. If it was just a dodgy paint job in the cowl head I'd simply ask for a replacement head sculpt.

They're pretty much all like that. But it varies. Yours isn't that bad.

You talking about the groin area or back? It does look worse in hand than it does in that photo though ( groin). I'm not normally that picky, but its one of those things that once I saw it, I couldn't un-see it lol. Couldn't see it in other people's photos either, but maybe others do have it and I just didn't notice it,

Holy crap, I just checked the back of my DX12 and it's exactly like yours xpl0sive. :lol

It doesn't bother me that much since I wouldn't display him in way where you could see the back. With the cape on it doesn't really matter how the back looks like.

I bought mine about 3 months ago, it's from the first batch from Hong Kong. I have two more on pre-order from a local dealer. Will be interesting to see if they are the same.

To be honest the back bit doesn't bother me that much, for the same reasons you listed, however I wasn't sure if they were all like that to some degree, or if mine was just *****ed, and given the rest of the issues I had, I didn't like the idea of paying $260 for a figure with problems. It's a rip-off as is, so the last thing I wanted was a figure with multiple issues that I paid good money for, especially if it affects the resale value of the figure.

I meant that the elastic rubber part that goes all the way down from the center of the chest armor to the groin armor doesn't exactly attach on the center of it, on most DX12's as far as I've seen. I didn't mean most were crooked.

I'm sure sideshow will send you a replacement.

Ah ok, sorry, misunderstood your post :) yeah hopefully. What a pain in the a$$ though. Not a good first entry into Hot Toys! Lol.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive been wondering. Would anyone who already owns the DX-02 reccomend an upgrade? I honestly cannot decide weather or not to get this.

Last edited:

I've owned every Hot Toys Batman figure going back to the MMS13. The DX12 IMO is the best Nolan Batman figure to date. Certainly worth upgrading from the DX02. I sold my DX02 for this purpose and have zero regrets.

I feel like I'm very particular about what I receive and what I spend my money on, but I really just don't see any reason to complain about this figure. It really looks great in hand especially right out of the box. I mean obviously the QC problems are different story (and are 9/10s solved by the seller) but for the slightly too high price at $240 you get the best looking nolan bats to date. I think this might just be a a case of "people are never happy" and "if you don't like it, don't spend your money on it and don't complain about it."

This is a god damn forum not a fan club. I bought it i can say whatever i want about it.

There seems to be a lot of complaints for this figure again, lately. I mean, I understand the QC related complaints, but the others? Derpy eyes, suit complaints, sculpt complains, I just don't get. Figure's been out for months, you've seen in hand pictures, you've seen people raising the same complains you have, yet you still decided to buy the figure, only to be unsatisfied, and come here to complain about it some more.... Don't get it. There's a modding thread that can help you alleviate some of the figure's problems, other than that, just sell it or don't buy it, if you're not happy. Despite all its faults, this is still the best 1/6 TDK Batman figure available now.

Did you not mod the **** out out your figure? Yes..

Then how do you not "get the complaints"???? You obviously weren't satisfied with it yourself! I don't buy $250 figures to mod, that is just ****ing stupid. It defeats the whole purpose of buying high end.

This is a god damn forum not a fan club. I bought it i can say whatever i want about it.

Then how do you not "get the complaints"???? You obviously weren't satisfied with it yourself! I don't buy $250 figures to mod, that is just ****ing stupid. It defeats the whole purpose of buying high end.

Were you aware of said complaints before you paid the $250 you mention?

I did mod the heck out of mine, but I knew full well what to expect when I bought it. This was not my first Hot Toys,

i don't "get the complaints" because it's 1480 pages into the thread and the negativity is utterly redundantly & pointless.

an yeah, people can say whatever they want, but man, i wish vb would design an ignore function that ignores not only the op, but anything quoted by them as well.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive been wondering. Would anyone who already owns the DX-02 reccomend an upgrade? I honestly cannot decide weather or not to get this.

I own both and I would say you should by this 1) if you're a completist (I am) or 2) if you plan on ditching the DX 02 or having separate/ different display options.

This is better than the 02. Not significantly better IMO but it is a an improvement primarily as it pertains to the execution of the suit. Unfortunately, this isn't HTs best work, hence all the mods to make it looks more screen accurate.

All in all, those are thee only 2 reasons I would reccomend a DX 02 owner to pick this up....maybe add articulation in there if you plan on putting him in any other pose that isn't the standard fare "brooding, head slightly cocked down, and waiting for the bus."

Cheers Bobby made it better to actually see the results from removing the undersuit, Im still a little undecided if i would do the mod yet until i see the figure in hand. I probably will do it if it makes him more flexible & easier to position on the Pod. I really liked the fact you removed a link from the belt to keep it tighter. I assume the cuts in the fabric to get the body out are never seen at all? Looks as if all that Armour keeps it well covered up. Some brave modders on here But i suppose if you have plenty of experience with this stuff it becomes easier to decide on extreme mods :clap

No problem, glad I was able to help. When I get a chance to modify another figure, I will take step by step photos with instructions. And yes the cuts are hidden by the upper chest armor.

BOBBY

No problem, glad I was able to help. When I get a chance to modify another figure, I will take step by step photos with instructions. And yes the cuts are hidden by the upper chest armor.

BOBBY

Thanks again Bobby & yeah step by step instructions with pics is a god send i find a picture makes it so more easier than trying to dissect through a worded description.

Completely off topic but how do you get permission to make a for sale thread? By messaging Dave?

DX12!!! <- See? I am on topic :lol

So thanks to very key timing on SSC, I now have more DX12 goodness than I need. Anyone wanna trade for one?

Back