HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

My DX12. One of the best in my collection so far :D
IMG_1168_zpscdb2712d.jpg

IMG_1174_zps7b4dafd2.jpg

IMG_0980_zps339f797f.jpg

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

How do you guys manage to do the EMP-gun-aiming pose?? I find it VERY hard to achieve...

No probs mate :wink1: Have you already got the DX12 ? it seems like its a lifetime since it was ordered the UK always takes ages to get anything in :(

Not yet, but it got shipped from HK on 24th, so hopefully will get it by the end of next week :pray: Also bat-pod just got in stock in UK so that should arrive in about a weeks time as well :yess: What about you? Still coping with the agonizing wait?

I hate this figure so much... I saw every single picture posted on this thread and the only way it looks good is when heavily modded.. and even if some brave guy do something like cut the wayne head sculpt and then place the mouth and eyes to the cowl, then you have to face with the RIDICULOUS FLAT back of his head, and the extremly narrow shoulders wich are so wrong... The shoulder pads should be smaller but in a higher position :gah:

thedarkknightrises20121.jpg

That's why the DX12 always looks with fat legs.

And the batman headsculpt looks so stupid at stock, the same huge eyes that the DX02 has, but at least the DX02 does have some decent face plates, this one has the worst collection of face plates ever! All of them are derp.. :slap

And check the back of his head.. the cowl is so ridiculous that no 1/6 human being head could fit in there :slap

Some good things:

-Wayne head sculpt
-Details on the suit

Not yet, but it got shipped from HK on 24th, so hopefully will get it by the end of next week :pray: Also bat-pod just got in stock in UK so that should arrive in about a weeks time as well :yess: What about you? Still coping with the agonizing wait?

I ordered the DX12 beginning of january was a pre-order of course i contacted the shop for an idea of when they would be getting them in & at that point it was still Q1 2013 i spoke to them over a week ago then it changed to 12th Feb i was gonna get the Pod from the same place but spotted that a shop in Germany had them coming in earlier than the UK so bought the pod from them as im in germany at the moment, ive had it a week now & the wait is worse seeing an empty Pod sitting waiting for bats its even more of a wait for bloody catwoman :slap

Awesome pics aau10!

I hate this figure so much... I saw every single picture posted on this thread and the only way it looks good is when heavily modded.. and even if some brave guy do something like cut the wayne head sculpt and then place the mouth and eyes to the cowl, then you have to face with the RIDICULOUS FLAT back of his head, and the extremly narrow shoulders wich are so wrong... The shoulder pads should be smaller but in a higher position :gah:

And the batman headsculpt looks so stupid at stock, the same huge eyes that the DX02 has, but at least the DX02 does have some decent face plates, this one has the worst collection of face plates ever! All of them are derp.. :slap

And check the back of his head.. the cowl is so ridiculous that no 1/6 human being head could fit in there :slap

Some good things:

-Wayne head sculpt
-Details on the suit

Totally agree - the headsculpt is the worst abomination in recent history.

I don't think the suit looks like a deflated balloon at all after removal of the inner suit. The plastic and rubber ribs and pads help keep its shape.
See my mods here:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5208343#post5208343

To prevent fraying just seal the cut ends in fabric glue. I've taken the costume off my figure several times already, no further ripping or fraying. The black mesh cloth is very durable.

BOBBY

Cheers Bobby made it better to actually see the results from removing the undersuit, Im still a little undecided if i would do the mod yet until i see the figure in hand. I probably will do it if it makes him more flexible & easier to position on the Pod. I really liked the fact you removed a link from the belt to keep it tighter. I assume the cuts in the fabric to get the body out are never seen at all? Looks as if all that Armour keeps it well covered up. Some brave modders on here But i suppose if you have plenty of experience with this stuff it becomes easier to decide on extreme mods :clap

Some good things:

-Wayne head sculpt
-Details on the suit

Why are you still posting here then? To make us all regret our decision of buying this piece? How are you saying the wayne sculpt is good if you were the one drawing lines all over pictures a few months ago?! :yuck

Why are you still posting here then? To make us all regret our decision of buying this piece? How are you saying the wayne sculpt is good if you were the one drawing lines all over pictures a few months ago?! :yuck

The Wayne headsculpt is good... not as good as the proto, but still is good.. Also the head play recast of hot toys Wayne headsculpt is good.. not as good as the geniune head sculpt but still is good. They are all good, they are just not the in the same degre of "good"...

thedarkknightrises20121.jpg

Some good things:

-Wayne head sculpt
-Details on the suit

Cool story bro

Yes, it is a cool story; because it's true.:lecture Frankly, I don't know how this thing beat out the likes of the Keaton Batman and Nicholson Joker for figure of the year in all of these polls. I can see that there are a lot of pros it has weighting towards it, but the cons are just so glaring; I don't think I could even enjoy the figure.

Last edited:

Even with all the whining, still an amazing out the box figure and the best Nolan Batman figure ever.

Back