HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Your right, I don't feel good about it:( I really did not want to spend that much for a 1/6 scale figure, its not worth it I know and I hate paying more than retail and rarely do. I am however very interested in displaying a nice little batman collection with the dx12, bane and joker 2.0. I never picked up the old versions of joker or the dx02 ether.

I'm not one to trash or sell an older figure to get the new one, I will sell on occassion figures I'm no longer into, I am a collector so I mainly keep most of what I buy.

you wanted it and you got and you'll get over and recover from the extra spent on it.

don't let other people make you feel bad. it's your collection and you get to determine what's in it and what it's worth.

also: you will love this figure. the people who don't love it can buy dx187.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

you wanted it and you got and you'll get over and recover from the extra spent on it.

don't let other people make you feel bad. it's your collection and you get to determine what's in it and what it's worth.

also: you will love this figure. the people who don't love it can buy dx187.

Thanks buddy:1-1: It not there fault I feel bad about spending to much its mine. I would be lieing if I say I was'nt excited about getting it though, so looking forward to opening this up and re-watching rises on bluray.

I meant me personally, what other people choose to pay with their own money is their business.

That comment wasn't meant to make you feel bad Skull, I'm just saying, for me personally, I'd feel sick and disappointed paying $300+ much on principle alone. Just like I would paying $100+ on a stupid cape pack or $120+ on a Sonar head. That's just me though, I have a hard time seeing how this thing equates to the MSRP let alone it's secondary market price.

I meant me personally, what other people choose to pay with their own money is their business.

That comment wasn't meant to make you feel bad Skull, I'm just saying, for me personally, I'd feel sick and disappointed paying $300+ much on principle alone. Just like I would paying $100+ on a stupid cape pack or $120+ on a Sonar head. That's just me though, I have a hard time seeing how this thing equates to the MSRP let alone it's secondary market price.

Its all good Difabio:1-1: your opinion is basically the same as mine, not keen on that price but I had a moment of weakness:lol Not something I plan on doing again anytime soon.

Anyway moving on, I have a question about the bruce wayne head, I thought I heard that the neck don't fit on regular truetypes, is that true and if so how would I make a custom bruce wayne, what body is needed??

just shave a wee bit off a regular neck adapter and he'll fit on any tt.

bruce_neck.jpg

this is sloppy because i don't own any proper tools and did this with scissors.

trim just a little as a time, testing it to fit until it's right. it should be snug going in.

just shave a wee bit off a regular neck adapter and he'll fit on any tt.

bruce_neck.jpg

this is sloppy because i don't own any proper tools and did this with scissors.

trim just a little as a time, testing it to fit until it's right. it should be snug going in.

Thanks for posting this, question though, does'nt the bruce head come with a neck adapter attached? is there an issue with that adapter hole as to why it don't fit(is it to small of a hole or to big?)

the bruce comes with a black neck adapter that specifically fits the dx12 body. don't use that one to bash a straight wayne. just use the adapter that comes with whatever body you buy.

that way, if you ever want to display the dx12 with the wayne head, all of your original dx12 pieces will retain their integrity.

Thanks for posting this, question though, does'nt the bruce head come with a neck adapter attached? is there an issue with that adapter hole as to why it don't fit(is it to small of a hole or to big?)

The black neck adapter it comes with won't fit on any other try type bodies. It only works for TDKR suit body.

the bruce comes with a black neck adapter that specifically fits the dx12 body. don't use that one to bash a straight wayne. just use the adapter that comes with whatever body you buy.

that way, if you ever want to display the dx12 with the wayne head, all of your original dx12 pieces will retain their integrity.

The black neck adapter it comes with won't fit on any other try type bodies. It only works for TDKR suit body.

Ok thanks guys:hi5: Maybe I'll make a bruce wayne in suit with my toyfair 2011 head as thats currently on a ttm19 wolverine body and looks good, I just have him wearing a karate outfit now which don't look right anyway:lol then I will display my dx12 with the wayne head it comes with.
collectionpics010.jpg

One of the HK forumer told me that, he has no problem to use black adapter to any TTM body. The trick is use hair dryer to soften it 1st. He plug and unplug for many times and no damage to the adapter as well

I am going to try this, and share if it is the case.

thank you

One of the HK forumer told me that, he has no problem to use black adapter to any TTM body. The trick is use hair dryer to soften it 1st. He plug and unplug for many times and no damage to the adapter as well

I am going to try this, and share if it is the case.

thank you

But the problem isn't that it's tight, but the contrary, the adapter doesn't hug the peg completely making it fit very loose. It won't stay and the head falls off.

But the problem isn't that it's tight, but the contrary, the adapter doesn't hug the peg completely making it fit very loose. It won't stay and the head falls off.

I hate when hot toys does stuff like that, these things should be compadible, that why they sell truetypes right. I ran into this issue with redskull, great figure and all but why make a head that only fits that body:cuckoo: I don't get this kinda crap, makes no sence to put out figures with extra heads and sell bodys that they don't fit on unless you mod them:dunno

I think this is a pretty good enough hint from HT that they are working on a bruce Wayne figure. :lol

I thought Nolan was done make batman movies?

He is. I think he meant 2 years away from another Batman figure from Hot Toys based on Nolan's Bats.

Hopefully with suit tailored by Kato.:pray:

I really do hope so as well. But if its based on the TDKR, I dont think hes wearing a suit in any of the scenes where theres the batarmory.

Maybe when they have finished doing the TDKR, they will do the TDK batarmory version.:yess:

The UK dealer I pre ordered mine with said today that the wait is almost over.:yess:

Might attempt some minor mods i.e the gloves, the shoulder pads. I have an ilforigno cape coming so I reckon I will be pretty satisfied with him after that, If not I may get the GF to paint the eyelids.. as my shaky hands might make a mess :lol

I hate the belt on this figure. Perfect color, crappy execution.

Well, atleast it's not the crappy greenish deteriorating brown color like the DX 02.

Honestly, I dislike the whole figure, it just doesn't do anything for me in Batman mode. Looks cool with the Wayne head, but that is not why I got it. It should have been so much better, especially the Bats head. Even with Robbie's awesome faceplate, i'm not really feeling it. The eyelid mods have been hit and miss,some look better, still not feeling it though. I think I have seen ONE out of all the mods that looked like Bale in the cowl. let me see if i can find it right quick...

Here we go.
SAM_3131_zpse71b1265-1_zps0ed0f4a11.jpg

We should have gotten that.

Back