HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Lots of DX12 Bats in here (Heavily modded) so I might as well post these over here as well.

14-2.jpg

6-32.jpg

7-25.jpg
2-76.jpg
5-40.jpg

4-45.jpg
3-66.jpg

8-14.jpg
12-5.jpg
11-5.jpg

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Here's my dx12 while waiting for the faceplate.

:clap Amazing Rory. Really great shots. It's making me extremely tempted to do the interrogation room.

What cape you using atm Rory?

Had a futz with the stock one earlier and man it's a pain in the arse

What cape you using atm Rory?

Had a futz with the stock one earlier and man it's a pain in the arse

Thats one of Lance's (long rayon) but i'm waiting on Tony's.

I got to quite like the stock cape, though it does take a bit of work.
But I think I was one of the few.:lol

Not sure if this has been posted but BBTS has this in stock again.

Just got mine the other day....love this figure - I had the MMS71 and this beats it on all fronts

20130114-223830.jpg

DX12 (painted eyelids, sanded mouth plate) Medicom (Robbie mouthplate, widened) comparison

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Maaaaaaan compared like that the DX12 head sculpt looks horrible. Don't get me wrong it's still good and I was never really a fan of the medi head till now. To bad they cost your first born to get one lol

DX12 (painted eyelids, sanded mouth plate) Medicom (Robbie mouthplate, widened) comparison

Not a fair comparison, you put the best faceplate on medi and used the stock dopey faceplate on dx12, the dopey face will fail no matter what.

Man, I can't stand stock dx12 mouthpieces, every time I see it, I just want to punch a puppy in the face.

i don't think you sanded enough on the DX12 mouth piece...it can look pretty good if you sand enough

SAM_3131_zpse71b1265-1_zps0ed0f4a1.jpg

Not a fair comparison, you put the best faceplate on medi and used the stock dopey faceplate on dx12, the dopey face will fail no matter what.

Man, I can't stand stock dx12 mouthpieces, every time I see it, I just want to punch a puppy in the face.

I don't like the smile it seems to have - but I was going for neutral mouth expressions that's why I didn't choose the angry face.

I've sanded the DX12 face down so much - don't know how else to make it look better.

Yeah it's not even the mouth piece that bothers me because honestly it's fine with the eye squint mod. Its the long, roundness of the face until you get to the back where it just goes completely flat, and the eyes (standard) just with paint no squint.

i don't think you sanded enough on the DX12 mouth piece...it can look pretty good if you sand enough

that is the stock faceplate?
It's sanded to fit deply on the cowl? do you have any pics of the before/after? it looks great on your pic :clap

I've sanded the DX12 face down so much - don't know how else to make it look better.

It's not just about sanding the back, you also have to sand around the sides and under the chin to make it fit better

Originally I just sanded the back and I had the same result you did, which is that it hardly looks like anything was done. there's ALOT taken off of mine to make them look good including from the sides and under he chin. It's scary, but if you plan on not really using it in the first place, I say there's no harm in trying to sand more. I mean if it doesn't work out, you still have Robbies which, if I'm not mistaken, you favor over the HT mouthpieces anyway

that is the stock faceplate?
It's sanded to fit deply on the cowl? do you have any pics of the before/after? it looks great on your pic :clap
Yes, that is the HT neutral mouthpiece that has been sanded to fit better/deeper into the cowl. Keep in mind that I've also sculpted new eyelids for the squint which probably also boosts the look of that mouthpiece. But I don't have any before and after pics unfortunately. sorry :(

Back