HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

It's not just EB. I'm liking SS PFs the more and more I see and 1/6 prices keep on hiking up that it's getting to a point that I need to choose. With all the lines I collect, it's becoming so expensive. Star Wars is never ending, SS 1/6 DC line is coming, HT will never end most likely at least not in the near future and they make so many figures that I want :lol 1/4 pieces, PFs or figures, are a bit more limited in their releases so it could be less of a burden

I LOVE my 1/6 collection don't get me wrong, each one is pretty unique since I customize most them to some degree, but there's the big issue...CUSTOMS!! I spend ALOT to get parts that I need to make customs and while I love making them, I might be able to settle on just repainting SS PFs since they can't seem to mass produce good paint apps even after all these years :lol

I think its just a matter of being more selective.
With so many cool 1/6 pieces, its so easy to fall into wanting to collect as many as you can get and even trying to be complete certain lines or group of collectibles, but just have to be more selective on what you get.
I had to go through a massive re-evaluation and sold many of the pieces that I felt I dont have to have.
Basically, I look at each figure and think to myself, would I regret it if I sold this, if the answer is no, then it goes to Ebay.
Now, I'm down to the main ones that I want. Maybe a piece here and there that I can part, but most of them, I know I'll regret letting go.

But I went through that stage where I did sat down and figured out how much I can get for my 1/6 figures so I can have fewer pieces and enermous presentation with 1/4...but I'm soooo glad I didnt do it.
1/6 to me is the perfect scale.
Unless you're super rich of course and price is not an object...Hell, I'll still collect 1/6 even then. lol.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

With so many cool 1/6 pieces, its so easy to fall into wanting to collect as many as you can get and even trying to be complete certain lines or group of collectibles, but just have to be more selective on what you get.
I had to go through a massive re-evaluation and sold many of the pieces that I felt I dont have to have.
Basically, I look at each figure and think to myself, would I regret it if I sold this, if the answer is no, then it goes to Ebay.
Now, I'm down to the main ones that I want. Maybe a piece here and there that I can part, but most of them, I know I'll regret letting go.

But I went through that stage where I did sat down and figured out how much I can get for my 1/6 figures so I can have fewer pieces and enermous presentation with 1/4...but I'm soooo glad I didnt do it.
Unless you're super rich of course and price is not an object...Hell, I'll still collect 1/6 even then. lol.

:exactly::lecture:goodpost:

Exactly. Im making some changes to my collection. For awhile I got sucked into the 1:6 Star Wars stuff. I was going to get all the Aliens that interested me when I was a kid, but now Im just not going to do that anymore.

And at one point I was getting doubles of HT figures that REALLY interested me to display different display options at the same time and now Ive decided to stop doing that. (DX11 was going to be x2 but cut one out).

After DX11 and DX12 Im DONE with Nolan Batman. I would consider a Detective Commissioner Gordon though. But thats it.

Going to finish out the Avengers (Cap, Thor, Mark VII, HULK) and then "The Wolverine" and then Im DONE with Marvel. Im not even going to bat and eye at any future releases. Im good on that front. I only need one version for my collection and Im tired of "upgrading".

Ill continue with HT Bromance with Depp line and then Ill be basically sticking with the Iconic releases/DXs from HT Robocop, BTTF, etc.

And of course Ive been pretty vocal about what Im looking for in 1:4 and that list is VERY small. 5-6 figures total.

I can't be selective. Ever since I was young my mom always told me that I couldn't just have one of something, I had to have the whole set. With 1/4 it's like "we'll at least they made 1 character" and tha character will represent and I would just have to be content b/c there more than likely will be no others:lol
I mean I know I wouldn't be completely out of 1/6. I'd still get all of HT Depp and Superman offerings for sure. Anywhoo, it's just a though. That's why I'm glad Bane and Joker got delayed, more time to think :lol

That happened to me! I got impatient waiting on BBTS's shipment and after correspondence dropped off I caved and ordered one off sideshow. Then I got so busy over the holidays I forgot to cancel the 2nd order after the 1st arrived. Now I have 2 DX12's and no idea what to do with the 2nd one!
:slap

you could always sell the other one to me at half price LOL! No seriously you could probably get a good price for it on Ebay. I see lots of people putting up there for well over $300. I refuse to pay that much so if I get boned and end up not getting one, then I guess I'll just have to cry alittle bit, get up off the floor an carry on:thud:

:exactly::lecture:goodpost:

Exactly. Im making some changes to my collection. For awhile I got sucked into the 1:6 Star Wars stuff. I was going to get all the Aliens that interested me when I was a kid, but now Im just not going to do that anymore.

And at one point I was getting doubles of HT figures that REALLY interested me to display different display options at the same time and now Ive decided to stop doing that. (DX11 was going to be x2 but cut one out).

After DX11 and DX12 Im DONE with Nolan Batman. I would consider a Detective Commissioner Gordon though. But thats it.

Going to finish out the Avengers (Cap, Thor, Mark VII, HULK) and then "The Wolverine" and then Im DONE with Marvel. Im not even going to bat and eye at any future releases. Im good on that front. I only need one version for my collection and Im tired of "upgrading".

Ill continue with HT Bromance with Depp line and then Ill be basically sticking with the Iconic releases/DXs from HT Robocop, BTTF, etc.

And of course Ive been pretty vocal about what Im looking for in 1:4 and that list is VERY small. 5-6 figures total.

The Doubles were killing me back then too. I know I love batman but I figured I dont need 6 of them, lol.
Everytime I think I'm pretty much done, HT unveils something.
The Depp line, I think would want Ichabod Crane, or an ICON line, but I think I'm pretty satisfied with Sparrow.
Wanted Sweeney Todd so bad, but eventually cancelled my PO.

I can't be selective. Ever since I was young my mom always told me that I couldn't just have one of something, I had to have the whole set. With 1/4 it's like "we'll at least they made 1 character" and tha character will represent and I would just have to be content b/c there more than likely will be no others:lol
I mean I know I wouldn't be completely out of 1/6. I'd still get all of HT Depp and Superman offerings for sure. Anywhoo, it's just a though. That's why I'm glad Bane and Joker got delayed, more time to think :lol

yeah, it is damn hard when there's sooo many freaking cool releases. Will control can be a beotch sometimes. :gah: :lol

I was like this when I got my first 1:4 piece, I was tempted to sell off a good part of my 1:6 collection, but I've since changed my mind and I'm glad I did. The amazingness of 1:4 didnt exactly wear off, its still my favourite scale, but i just reaised i love 1:6 too. There's room for both scales IMO buddy! Don't rush into anything.

I was like this when I got my first 1:4 piece, I was tempted to sell off a good part of my collection, but I've since changed my mind and I'm glad I did. The amazingness of 1:4 didnt exactly wear off, its still mu favourite scale, but i just reslised i love 1:6 too. There's room for both scales IMO buddy! Don't rush into anything.

Thanks for the advice Platman! :)

Definitely not rushing into anything. intensely thinking about it all though :lol I like both scales as well. each have their pros and cons.

Exactly mate :)

1:4 has the presence and the ability to sell a whole franchise in one figure, whereas 1:6 allows for more characters from a franchise and vehicles and dioramas etc.

I gave it some serious thinking over too. In the end I came to one conclusion - if I like it, I'll buy it. :|

:lol

Exactly mate :)

1:4 has the presence and the ability to sell a whole franchise in one figure, whereas 1:6 allows for more characters from a franchise and vehicles and dioramas etc.

I gave it some serious thinking over too. In the end I came to one conclusion - if I like it, I'll buy it. :|

:lol

:goodpost: :exactly:
Even when I had a few SS PF, I was still mostly into 1/6 until I got my EB Batman.
When I received it, the damn thing was sooo freaking impressive, such presence that I coudnt get into my 1/6 for awhile...the 1/6 did for a bit felt like it did fall into the toys category instead of art figures.
You definitely cant look into 1/4 and say that's a toy.
But eventually, that did wore off...now every morning before going to work, I never tire of sitting in front of my collection drinking coffee and admiring all the ART FIGURES. :)

i don't think you sanded enough on the DX12 mouth piece...it can look pretty good if you sand enough

SAM_3131_zpse71b1265-1_zps0ed0f4a1.jpg

Wow nice work, look's great! This look reminds me of the scene he tells Gordon to light it up.

Got hunterelf's mouth piece. I'll have to sand it down a little more but it's a pretty great piece. More pics in his for sale thread.

A43CCE33-8C8E-469C-8ADA-37B149AAB095-65511-000012DE1A7A8EF7.jpg

4B233258-8E58-4574-A786-40E003C01261-65511-000012DE15559EB0.jpg

7B539DE4-126A-4C7E-B17B-3ABC09B3297D-65282-000012D16E308607.jpg

3FC0C3B6-16F6-4BD2-9287-08124008ADDC-65282-000012D17F686414.jpg

Last edited:

Finally be getting mine next Monday from BBTS. :impatient:

Wow nice work, look's great! This look reminds me of the scene he tells Gordon to light it up.

Thanks man!

Once you add the squint and sand down the mouthpieces, the figure really makes a 180 from ok to pretty damn good. That's why, while I really like Robbie's and Hunterelf's mouthpieces, I haven gotten one yet. I'm pretty happy with stock pieces right now

Last edited:

Thanks man!

Once you add the squint and sand down the mouthpieces, the figure really makes a 180 from ok to pretty damn good. That's why, while I really like Robbie's and Hunterelf's mouthpieces, I haven gotten one yet. I'm pretty happy with sick pieces right now

Well maybe you can do the eye mod for us Gipetto? I'm just to scared to do it my self.

Well maybe you can do the eye mod for us Gipetto? I'm just to scared to do it my self.

Seconded. I am too scared as well. :lol

i don't think you sanded enough on the DX12 mouth piece...it can look pretty good if you sand enough

SAM_3131_zpse71b1265-1_zps0ed0f4a1.jpg

Amazing how much better this thing looks with the mods! Fantastic job Gip. I think that's the best one I've seen.

DX12 (painted eyelids, sanded mouth plate) Medicom (Robbie mouthplate, widened) comparison

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You cut out the Medi mouth??? Gotta be honest I think the Medi mouth looks better with the Medi head than that one.

I hope I save the money for this guy before he's completely sold out at BBTS. People want stupid prices for this even in the commerce section. I saw one for $339 shipped. F that.

Back