HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Sold out at Sideshow after only a few days in stock. Glad I bought mine on time. Will there be a third batch of this figure?

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Alter ego currently has him in stock for $239.99 . Best price ive seen misb ....i got two fron them, love them!!!

8368362768_4d90ab2d16_b.jpg

8368362970_518238a1f0_b.jpg

8367294761_3e542b727a_b.jpg

8367294913_cc134f507e_b.jpg

8368362654_e3ecae6f63_b.jpg

Going to be a good night- both my DX12 and Medicom Dark Knight figures will be arriving. =)

I'm waiting for one of my batmans or Bruce Waynes to fall off the shelf so I can give the "why do we fall Bruce?" speech :)

I'm waiting for one of my batmans or Bruce Waynes to fall off the shelf so I can give the "why do we fall Bruce?" speech :)

ha! my bruce is a shelf-diver currently. he needs shoes!

Alter ego currently has him in stock for $239.99 . Best price ive seen misb ....i got two fron them, love them!!!

...aaand just like that, the "Add To Cart" button disappears.

This thing is selling out with surprising speed. SSC had it in stock briefly yesterday, Alter Ego today; If anyone's still on the fence, they better head over to BBTS sooner rather than later.

$239.99 @ Big Bad Toy Store

He can afford shoes. He's "Bruce Wayne. Eccentric Billionaire"

i dunno ~ he gave everything to alfred. selina's going to have to steal some for him in italy.

: D

Since SSC saying batman is SOLD OUT, does that means they won't be getting more?

AE has him in stock NOW...GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It still fascinates me how far Hot Toys keeps going even with the accessories. Like the pump action grapple gun. Though I would loved to have seen the EMP gun with the internal chamber being reflective to cast more light just like the film.

Am I right in saying in the film the lights sit further back in the sliding chamber?

My DX12 arrived over the weekend, and it's an absolutely worthy upgrade to my old MMS71 Dark Knight. I really love the armor on cloth costume, it's a perfect miniature replica of the actual Bat-Suit.

Immeditely, I upgraded the figure with the Robbiethepainter faceplate, it really captures Bale's likeness, and his paint work is supurb. I bent the elbow guards in, widened the gauntlet at the wrist, and cut the cuffs off the gloves. While I have an iforgio cape, I actually like the stock one, which can easily be futzed and has the velvety exterior, and nylon interior like the real cape.

DX12BATMAN01_zps643e1d8d.jpg

DX12BATMAN02_zps9317c59d.jpg

What I didn't like was the lack of lower body and hip articulation. So I decided to cut apart the batsuit to see why, only to find a foam padded undersuit. The undersuit is held in place with lycra shoulder straps, and glued to slots in the inner thighs of the True Type body. Also the shoulder and bicep areas are adhered to the suit with a sticky adhesive.

This deliberate destruction of such an expensive item isn't for the faint of heart, but if you are careful, the outer suit will come off with care and no permenant damage.

As seen in the picture, I cut an inch down the front and back of the black suit, and slipped the body out. When it was reassembled, the cut ends were reinforced with fabric glue to prevent fraying, and a strip of elastic lycra was glued under the cut ends to rejoin it. Glue for me as I cant sew.

DX12BATMAN03_zps9a02c5af.jpg

Because the undersuit is removed, the belt will fit too loose. I cut off a single link from the belt, then drilled and pinned it back together, so it articulates like a wrist watch:

DX12BATMAN08_zpsd7a2f6b0.jpg

And the strap under the arms were fitted with button snaps so I can easily remove the chest armor if I needed to make any future modifications:

DX12BATMAN09_zps951e7da0.jpg

As illustrated below, the range of motion is now quite impressive, allowing the figure to appear in a number of great fighting poses.

DX12BATMAN04_zpsb8f23b31.jpg

DX12BATMAN05_zpsa7dde638.jpg

DX12BATMAN06_zpsc3546f81.jpg

DX12BATMAN07_zps9ad76cb8.jpg

I can say that with the Robbiethepainter faceplate, and undersuit removal, the figure is perfect, and worth every penny spent. It's a great tribute to Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, and should be in every serious 1/6 collector's display.

BOBBY

PS- I did make use of the padded undersuit, I cut off the portion below the knee and stuffed it into the ankle area so it wouldn't appear too thin.

This is spectacular. The snap is genius, and I think the cuts you made are easy enough for anyone to do. :clap

Since SSC saying batman is SOLD OUT, does that means they won't be getting more?

I was expecting it to last longer than that. :/ It was also marked as in stock earlier today. Considering how long it's been marked as backordered.

Back