HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

8367294761_3e542b727a_b.jpg

Really great shots and shows off the stock(?) figure very well. :clap

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

The only one I'm really liking is the removal of the undersuit... damn!

oh guys, really ~ it's not that big of a mod compared to some of the amazing and radical things that go on here ~ as long as you are gentle and patient with the suit.

you don't need to cut it, you don't need to break it, and if you cut or break it, the fixes for these things are very basic and easy ~ and easily concealed.

i get that it's scary-looking, but i am a total newbie, trust me! you're just undressing and dressing the figure.

I just did it. I thought it was pretty damn hard. :thud:

Finally broke down and bought this figure. Couldn't hold out any longer.

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

Don't regret it at all either. Sign me up for Bane and Joker 2.0

Greats pics. And nice job with the cape clips. :cool:

Finally got mine today! IMO this is the best yet. I really like my DX02 but this is good stuff!! Tumbler arrives tomorrow!!:panic:

oh guys, really ~ it's not that big of a mod compared to some of the amazing and radical things that go on here ~ as long as you are gentle and patient with the suit.

you don't need to cut it, you don't need to break it, and if you cut or break it, the fixes for these things are very basic and easy ~ and easily concealed.

i get that it's scary-looking, but i am a total newbie, trust me! you're just undressing and dressing the figure.

I would really like to see the suit removed without cutting or stitch removal. Having done this costume modification to 3 figures now, I simply can't see this happening. The black mesh costume is flexible, but it isn't elastic enough to allow stretching from the tight neck hole. Do you have pictures to illustrate what you are saying or show us your methodology?

BOBBY

I would really like to see the suit removed without cutting or stitch removal. Having done this costume modification to 3 figures now, I simply can't see this happening. The black mesh costume is flexible, but it isn't elastic enough to allow stretching from the tight neck hole. Do you have pictures to illustrate what you are saying or show us your methodology?

BOBBY

you do have to loosen the stitches, as i have said (and by loosen, i mean pull the seam out). my point all along is that you don't have to cut or damage the suit in any way to do this.

and i'll reiterate too: if it doesn't bother you to cut or damage the suit, the end results are the same. i just keep repeating this because some people seem scared to do this mod and there's nothing to be afraid of if you are careful with it. if the concern is about the integrity of the suit, the suit needn't be damaged.

i can try to take a better picture this weekend ~ it's just too dim in here and i have a lousy camera.

batsuit.jpg

i loosened the seam down to the top of the first back panel and tied it off. you can re-stitch it or glue, but the armor covers it, so i left it open (also makes it easier to take the figure apart again after reconstructing it). since i don't know yet what i intend to do with the suit, i wanted to keep it flexible.

Last edited:

you do have to loosen the stitches, as i have said (and by loosen, i mean pull the seam out). my point all along is that you don't have to cut or damage the suit in any way to do this.

and i'll reiterate too: if it doesn't bother you to cut or damage the suit, the end results are the same. i just keep repeating this because some people seem scared to do this mod and there's nothing to be afraid of if you are careful with it. if the concern is about the integrity of the suit, the suit needn't be damaged.

i can try to take a better picture this weekend ~ it's just too dim in here and i have a lousy camera.

batsuit.jpg

i loosened the seam down to the top of the first back panel and tied it off. you can re-stitch it or glue, but the armor covers it, so i left it open (also makes it easier to take the figure apart again after reconstructing it). since i don't know yet what i intend to do with the suit, i wanted to keep it flexible.

Very nice photo there. I did that same procedure to one of the figures I modified as well. I noticed if the seam isn't secured it will open up and the costume will be lopsided after you pose the figure a bit. Thanks for sharing your technique.
BOBBY

Damn it! It's sold out on Sideshow and I was still waiting to order mine. :slap

Now I have a Batpod and Tumbler but no Batman to go with it. I entered the waitlist for the first time... hopefully it will convert. :monkey2

Got my second DX12 tonight (having sold my first.)- got right to work on him! Just over 30 minutes to take the fat suit off and put the body armor back on. Really was very straight worward. NO cutting. But it was like a woman giving birth to a 15lb baby- some things stretched. lol
Took some pics....
batmandx12011012002.jpg

batmandx12011012004.jpg

batmandx12011012005.jpg

batmandx12011012006.jpg

batmandx12011012007.jpg

batmandx12011012008.jpg

batmandx12011012009.jpg

batmandx12011012011.jpg

Here is the DX with the Medicom version. (I've modded the chest on him also tonight and repainted the face.)

batmandx12011012012.jpg

Medicom...
batmandx12011012014.jpg

Here's a somewhat decent shot of my modded DX12, I sculpted a better squint and ended up repainting robbie's custom mouthpiece after I screwed it up.

DSCN0560.jpg

Here's a somewhat decent shot of my modded DX12, I sculpted a better squint and ended up repainting robbie's custom mouthpiece after I screwed it up.

looks really good crow !

DSCN0560.jpg

That looks fantastic. :clap

Back