HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Wow-just went on the backorder list for this yesters and now it is instock!!!!
So Joker 2.0,bane within the next month.How long til the Cat?

All HT products have either 1st, 2nd quarter as their ETA's on Sideshows site now. However, last time they had an actual month listed for her, it said March.
Regardless, I'm hoping for not too long. Need her to straddle the Pod. ;)

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Wow-just went on the backorder list for this yesters and now it is instock!!!!
So Joker 2.0,bane within the next month.How long til the Cat?

Yup! I had placed an order when they still had "Backorder" up but they charged me a few hours later then got my figure three days later.

Can't wait for the Joker, the back breaker and the heart breaker.

I might cancel my order with bigbadtoystore and get this one which is in stock.
any word on when bbts might get stock? or which has better customer service to deal with should my figure have issues for first time buyer between SSC or bbts?

FINALLY!!!! Just a few pics of him set up for now. No mods other than the Lforigno short rayon cape which is awesome.

20130109234438.jpg

20130109234423.jpg

20130109234606.jpg

My DX12 arrived over the weekend, and it's an absolutely worthy upgrade to my old MMS71 Dark Knight. I really love the armor on cloth costume, it's a perfect miniature replica of the actual Bat-Suit.

Immeditely, I upgraded the figure with the Robbiethepainter faceplate, it really captures Bale's likeness, and his paint work is supurb. I bent the elbow guards in, widened the gauntlet at the wrist, and cut the cuffs off the gloves. While I have an iforgio cape, I actually like the stock one, which can easily be futzed and has the velvety exterior, and nylon interior like the real cape.

DX12BATMAN01_zps643e1d8d.jpg

DX12BATMAN02_zps9317c59d.jpg

What I didn't like was the lack of lower body and hip articulation. So I decided to cut apart the batsuit to see why, only to find a foam padded undersuit. The undersuit is held in place with lycra shoulder straps, and glued to slots in the inner thighs of the True Type body. Also the shoulder and bicep areas are adhered to the suit with a sticky adhesive.

This deliberate destruction of such an expensive item isn't for the faint of heart, but if you are careful, the outer suit will come off with care and no permenant damage.

As seen in the picture, I cut an inch down the front and back of the black suit, and slipped the body out. When it was reassembled, the cut ends were reinforced with fabric glue to prevent fraying, and a strip of elastic lycra was glued under the cut ends to rejoin it. Glue for me as I cant sew.

DX12BATMAN03_zps9a02c5af.jpg

Because the undersuit is removed, the belt will fit too loose. I cut off a single link from the belt, then drilled and pinned it back together, so it articulates like a wrist watch:

DX12BATMAN08_zpsd7a2f6b0.jpg

And the strap under the arms were fitted with button snaps so I can easily remove the chest armor if I needed to make any future modifications:

DX12BATMAN09_zps951e7da0.jpg

As illustrated below, the range of motion is now quite impressive, allowing the figure to appear in a number of great fighting poses.

DX12BATMAN04_zpsb8f23b31.jpg

DX12BATMAN05_zpsa7dde638.jpg

DX12BATMAN06_zpsc3546f81.jpg

DX12BATMAN07_zps9ad76cb8.jpg

I can say that with the Robbiethepainter faceplate, and undersuit removal, the figure is perfect, and worth every penny spent. It's a great tribute to Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, and should be in every serious 1/6 collector's display.

BOBBY

PS- I did make use of the padded undersuit, I cut off the portion below the knee and stuffed it into the ankle area so it wouldn't appear too thin.

Everyone needs to do this or forever know they didn't.

Those poses are fantastic!!! :thud:

I wanna do this mod...but uh man...it's damned extensive. And potentially damage irreversible.

got a chance to open mine up tonight and set it up with the pod. here's a quick pic.

2jegw.jpg

Are Robbie's mouthpieces plug'n play? Meaning, what I get from him will work just like the regular ones? Or will it have a magnetic backing?

Are Robbie's mouthpieces plug'n play? Meaning, what I get from him will work just like the regular ones? Or will it have a magnetic backing?

The ones included with DX12 don't have a magnetic backing, they just have a pop tab on the back of them that you press using a tool included. It's not like the Batman Begins Toy Fair Exclusive.

Robbies operates the same way as the stock ones. You just push it in and it stays tabbed in place. To get it out, you use the same tool as you would for the stock ones.

It'll be just like a normal one. Just pop it in and your good to go.

Here's a photo of mine. Looks way better in hand.

DE689E26-E928-4F77-B69A-3D5F4D7AF39F-55882-00002950D3812950.jpg

new to this but where can I get a Robbie mouthpiece?

Back